Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

getting the accessory to work after installing new h/u!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting the accessory to work after installing new h/u!!!

ok check this out. i installed a new h/u last night on my 06 lt and was a little pissed off cause the radio would not come on in accessory because the power wire was directed to the windshield wiper fuse(per crutchfield instructions). well since i dont have a sunroof i didnt even bother looking for a sunroof fuse. well i started looking at the fuse diagram to see if i could get lucky and find a fuse i could use and BAM, i found a sunroof fuse. its is in block 20, it is a 15 amp. i quickly connected the wire there putting it on the right side prong of the fuse and the sucka worked. the power stays on when you pull the key and goes off when you open the door,just like stock. i am happy by the way. it just bugs me out that even without the sunroof the fuse for it was still there. i was getting ready to look for the brown accy wire under the steering wheel. glad i checked the fuses 1st. anyways just wanted to let anyone out there that was having the same problem know that you can use the sunroof fuse for accy even if you dont have a sunroof.

peace out!!!!!!

Last edited by pitobaby76; 05-31-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:35 PM

Thanks that is really nice to know that you can keep that feature of the stock radio on an after market one. That make me feel mutch better about the project that i am slowly working on. again thanks for the info.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:54 PM

no prob. ive learned alot from all you guys and girls so you know that if my retarded @$$ has some info to share, i will. ive said it b4 ill say it again this site rocks!!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pitobaby76
ok check this out. i installed a new h/u last night on my 06 lt and was a little pissed off cause the radio would not come on in accessory because the power wire was directed to the windshield wiper fuse(per crutchfield instructions). well since i dont have a sunroof i didnt even bother looking for a sunroof fuse. well i started looking at the fuse diagram to see if i could get lucky and find a fuse i could use and BAM, i found a sunroof fuse. its is in block 27, it is a 15 amp. i quickly connected the wire there putting it on the right side prong of the fuse and the sucka worked. the power stays on when you pull the key and goes off when you open the door,just like stock. i am happy by the way. it just bugs me out that even without the sunroof the fuse for it was still there. i was getting ready to look for the brown accy wire under the steering wheel. glad i checked the fuses 1st. anyways just wanted to let anyone out there that was having the same problem know that you can use the sunroof fuse for accy even if you dont have a sunroof.

peace out!!!!!!
Thats nice to know that guys without sunroofs can still keep RAP!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:09 PM

well, that works for some of us. but i have and ls with no sunroof and there is no fuse and there is no wire in the back of the fuse box going to the sunroof spot so i am sol. i just used the acc wire off the ignition harness under the steering wheel. forgot about wipers.. that would have been less hassle
Old 05-31-2006, 08:52 PM

i made a mistake when i originally made this post. i said that the sunroof fuse was in block 27 but it is really in block 20. i edited the post to reflect that. i noticed my mistake when i was looking at my setup earlier. sorry if i messed anyone up. i took some pics to elaborate on where the fuse is but i dont know how to insert them in this thread. the posting rules on the bottom of my page says i cant post attachments. if anyone wants the pics sent to them just send me a message and ill hook you up. sorry again for any inconvenience.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 PM

My g/f's 05 LS has no sunroof, but still had the sun roof fuse too, I used it and (for the most part) kept the RAP, I did notice that now either door opening will shut off the radio, in my 06 SS/SC with stock radio, only the drivers door opening turns it off...otherwise all is good.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:06 PM

on mine it always shut off with either door open.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:33 AM

i wish i had a sunroof fuse that would help me alot. i have a friend that works for gm and hes going to call me about another wire in my car that might have it. ill post it up here if it works