Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Interior LED Conversion !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Interior LED Conversion !!!

Hello everybody,

I have always wanted to get my interior lights convered to leds in my first cobalt but throughout the 2.5 years that I have owned her I never got the chance to. Now in my new ss it was a different story, that was on top of my to do list !

I kept looking for somebody that will do them for me, I would pm some people and never hear back and so on it stayed like that till I realized that Sean " Squints-Username on here " does LED conversions, I pm'd him and he was quick to reply, we discussed the whole proccess and pricing, and I went ahead and sent him all my interior pieces to have them done.

Sean kept me informed throughout the whole proccess and sent me pictures of the pieces as he got them done, which was such a teaser lol

Anyways I got the switches back in the mail and there was a couple of pieces that were messed up from shipping and didnt work, I let Sean know and he immediately offered to overnight his own switches and pay me to ship mine back " I was amazed at the leverl of customer service I recieved "

Finally, I got the whole setup exactly the way I wanted & looks great " Blue & Red Mix " and figured I'd let everybody know

Footnotes:

Want Interior LED work done talk to Squints !

CLICK HERE TO PM Squints

Here are some pics " Sorry about the pic quality, its a phone cam lol "

I love the steering wheel control setup ! Its soooooo sexaaaay

Last edited by SunburstSS; 01-31-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
your steering controls make me drool lol
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Wow that looks fresh as ****! I had my hvac and everything done by a different member a while back. Might have to ask squints though because i still need my radio done and my hvac lighting doesnt work properly... Plus im kinda wanting a different scheme, all reds kinda boring and hard to tell where the needles are at lol

Last edited by riceburner; 01-30-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:55 PM

Received 361 Likes on 308 Posts
im doing a led conversion myself. im curious how you got the info bar to be red instead of stock green, and is it possible to do the same to the radio?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I see hotspot squints!!! lol It happened with mine too idk how to not make it happen...but yeah how did you do that DIC in diff color.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much for it? I am interested in that!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Squints
your steering controls make me drool lol
I love them dude !

Originally Posted by riceburner
Wow that looks fresh as ****! I had my hvac and everything done by a different member a while back. Might have to ask squints though because i still need my radio done and my hvac lighting doesnt work properly... Plus im kinda wanting a different scheme, all reds kinda boring and hard to tell where the needles are at lol

Thanks man ! all red can get boring lol, switch it up a bit with some white maybe ?

Originally Posted by Kolt
im doing a led conversion myself. im curious how you got the info bar to be red instead of stock green, and is it possible to do the same to the radio?
I believe the radio has leds but im not sure to be honest with you never checked, I didnt do them my self, check with Squints he'll have better info
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kolt
Idk about op but for.me it was the blackcats gauge face replacement. Idk of any way to change the radio one though because the glass is attached to the faceplate (i think) so unless you can cut out a nice.piece of clear red plastic, dremel and replace its just not gonna happen. I tried 'tinting' it with clear red vynil over it but all that did was make it dark and purple.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by YelCal7
How much for it? I am interested in that!
I personally didnt discuss any pricing on here per forums rules, but I can tell you its pretty good, pm would be the way to go

Originally Posted by Twoozofjuice
I see hotspot squints!!! lol It happened with mine too idk how to not make it happen...but yeah how did you do that DIC in diff color.
I love the hot hot spot right at 4ks thats where I usually wanna be at when Im gunning it lol, I personally would think you put like a dark film on the inside to reduce the lighting in that spot specifically, but thats only an assumption im no expert haha
Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 AM

Im gonna do mine this week when i get off this set im working. Im going to look into changing the radio screen to blue ill let you guys know what it looks like
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Blue should be doable... Its not far off. Id say u need more lighting for the screen though to compensate the film ud have to put over it. And idk how that would work.

P.s. Im talking 05-06 radio idk about the newer styles
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by SunburstSS
I personally didnt discuss any pricing on here per forums rules, but I can tell you its pretty good, pm would be the way to go

I love the hot hot spot right at 4ks thats where I usually wanna be at when Im gunning it lol, I personally would think you put like a dark film on the inside to reduce the lighting in that spot specifically, but thats only an assumption im no expert haha
What I tried with mine was doing purple lol. Worst color to work with for LEDs btw....haha my speedometer is so dark its ridiculous but whatever i like purple. Well yeah I removed the "blue" film thing that the faceplate has and tried putting some purple celophane in there and it was way too dark. Had to put a bunch of celophane or else it would look pink..lol. But yeah I failed on that part. Too lazy to do my switches and stuff which would probably look alot better lol

Good job on this stuff Squints. If I didnt know how to do it I would def be sending some parts to ya haha
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 AM

Blue should be doable... Its not far off. Id say u need more lighting for the screen though to compensate the film ud have to put over it. And idk how that would work.

P.s. Im talking 05-06 radio idk about the newer styles
thats what mine is theres a secret to it

What I tried with mine was doing purple lol. Worst color to work with for LEDs btw....haha my speedometer is so dark its ridiculous but whatever i like purple. Well yeah I removed the "blue" film thing that the faceplate has and tried putting some purple celophane in there and it was way too dark. Had to put a bunch of celophane or else it would look pink..lol. But yeah I failed on that part. Too lazy to do my switches and stuff which would probably look alot better lol

Good job on this stuff Squints. If I didnt know how to do it I would def be sending some parts to ya haha
you almost did for some headlights for my retro build

Last edited by Squints; 01-31-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Squints. If u can do my radio i will likely be sending you everything to get done different colors. or send me stuff and i can send u all my red stuff with a blackcats gauge cluster lol

Bioluminescent film?

Last edited by riceburner; 01-31-2013 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-31-2013, 12:25 AM

Squints. If u can do my radio i will likely be sending you everything to get done different colors. or send me stuff and i can send u all my red stuff with a blackcats gauge cluster lol

Bioluminescent film?
Let me do mine this weekend ill try to get pictures up im currently waiting for more supplies. but its alot simpler than you think
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 AM

you almost did for some headlights for my retro build
what did I almost do...i got confused there lol tell me how to change DIC color haha
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 AM

Bioluminescent film?
Like your GDS sig
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

GDS yo (##itz a foaruhm theeng)
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 AM

Posted more pics Not the greatest quality, but I'll use my real camera when its not pouring rivers outside haha.

I love how the HVAC will show the Blue and Red bars perfectly at night
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 AM

what did I almost do...i got confused there lol tell me how to change DIC color haha
trading your broken headlights for me to do the swithces
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 AM

GDS yo (##itz a foaruhm theeng)
i had to be a little different since I Do GDS
Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All red is kind of a pontiac thing
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by redcobalt07
All red is kind of a pontiac thing
Back in the day when I had a cavalier I bought a sunfire cluster gauge as it had a better font setup and red lighting from factory
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you guys take apart the steering wheel to change the radio buttons? I have an 06 that has half of them burned out.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

you can just pry out the switches with a flathead screwdriver (carefully ofcourse) then unplug them and unscrew the backs off and replace leds as needed

Quick Reply: Interior LED Conversion !!!