Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Electronics, Audio, and Video (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/electronics-audio-video-49/)
-   -   New Electronic projects for balt you decide (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/electronics-audio-video-49/new-electronic-projects-balt-you-decide-318509/)

Squints 10-14-2015 10:45 PM

It wires into your window switches. You actually have to splice in to the switch itself

Squints 02-17-2016 03:47 PM

Well guys here's an update on the one touch window switch. Wired it in last Thursday and it didn't work. The instructions that come with it were detailed enough to get the job done but after following the instructions word for word my driver side window would not go up or down at all. Back to the drawing board

Haven07 02-17-2016 05:08 PM

That sucks man:(

Squints 02-19-2016 07:01 AM

You're telling me. I mean it could be a faulty module, but since it requires you to cut your wires I said screw it i'll just leave it original

ECaulk 02-21-2016 05:56 PM

Damn that sucks man.

I need to chat with my companies electrical engineers and see what they can conjure up quickly (guys are epic at quick functional fixes)

Squints 02-22-2016 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ECaulk (Post 7593594)
Damn that sucks man.

I need to chat with my companies electrical engineers and see what they can conjure up quickly (guys are epic at quick functional fixes)

Yeah man see what's up. The only thing I can think I might have messed up on was the negative trigger wire for our keyless entry, but everywhere I looked said that our cars send a negative trigger

ProfDNS 03-10-2016 10:58 PM

There was a brief mention of this before, but there should be a 3 point automattic
rest system for the sun roof:

When closed > 1 click = Sunroof goes up.
When closed > 2 clicks = Sunroof goes up and back.

When up > 1 click up = Sunroof goes back
When up > 1 click down = Sunroof goes down (closes)

When back = > 1 click down = Sunroof moves forward, stays up
When back = > 2 clicks down = Sunroof closes.

Exact positioning, so I'm not playing with it to get maximum prop up, without it going
back at all. Of course holding the button would override this.

RyBread761 03-11-2016 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ProfDNS (Post 7597570)
...Exact positioning, so I'm not playing with it to get maximum prop up, without it going
back at all. Of course holding the button would override this.

Doesn't the sunroof switch already have this? Just lightly press back and it will stop halfway only propping the sunroof. If you depress further then it will slide back.

ProfDNS 03-11-2016 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by RyBread761 (Post 7597622)
Doesn't the sunroof switch already have this? Just lightly press back and it will stop halfway only propping the sunroof. If you depress further then it will slide back.

Pretty sure neither of my G5 cars (2008 SE, 2007 GT) had this option, but
I'll check again,

Squints 04-12-2016 07:17 PM

Well the newest project is going to be utilizing a Roku stick with my HU and my hard drive. The hard drive I have now broadcasts a wifi signal that devices can connect to and streams music and videos through the wifi signal. So in theory I should be able to connect the Roku stick to the head units usb aux chord and plug in the hard drive and then play all my movies on my head unit.

Squints 04-12-2016 07:18 PM

I'll be ordering the roku stick in the next couple of days and should be able to report back by Sunday so stay tuned

kasper_17 04-30-2016 12:48 AM

Really wish the one touch up/down could be figured out lol

Squints 05-02-2016 03:19 PM

You and me both man