Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

PhD in Electrical Theory Required for Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PhD in Electrical Theory Required for Wiring

So I wanted to upgrade the A/V system in my balt like or better than I had in my G6.

Currently Installed
- 7" Headrest Monitors (Both Sides... Thinking of doing the rear headrests just to show off)
- 4Ga wiring (+) (-)
- 2 Farad Cap w/Digi Screen
- Alpine Mono 850x1 Sub Amp
- 12" Solo Barak L7 in port matched box (Prob going to custom mold in the side like i did with previous vehicles, helps free up a trunk)
- Pioneer 3way 6.5 Doors
- Stock Rear 6x9's

Currently installing an AVH-X5700BHS because I ONLY run Pioneer HU's due to their UI and focus on custom audio manipulation. So in order to put this beast in the car I had to get a dash kit and the wiring harness to keep the OnStar, door chimes and other CAN systems that run through the radio.

So I conveniently searched Metra for the numbers and came across this as an option :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251951023121?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Perfect because it was the right dash and came with my specs... 2009 LS 2.2 4-speaker generic sound system (NON Premium) but I do have OnStar

There are so many damn wires that go in and out of this box that it does not even make sense. There is what looks like an S-Video plug, 3.5mm male lead, secondary & EXTREMELY long wires for rear speakers and much much more.

Worst off is that there are additional bags of leads and connectors that IDK WTF to do with and I am no newbie.

I think that it is a variation of the GMOS-LAN-034 which is what I need. and I found the MANUAL because NO DAMN wires are marked.

Im seriously walking away from this for a while but do any of you have similar issues when installing aftermarket HU's? My G6 had the amped system with OnStar and I used an Axis bypass harness box just like this but it was not this nutty. WTH is that relay for? Why is there an S-Video? Why a 3.5 mm male plug?

I have a bit more to add but Ill do that later when I receive the rest.... AVH Bypass and USB/3.5mm Flushmount jack... etc...etc...

Lemme know what you think
Old 10-23-2015, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So after digging through images and different Metra kit options I determined I have the "GM LAN-11 BX-GM6" which is compatible with my car. I found the manual and I am about 93.4% sure that the wires the manual is talking about are the wires available for connection in the harness.... To quote a bad ass movie..

"Hold on to your butts"