Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Swapping non-Pioneer radio into Pioneer car

Old 03-05-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Radio Swap no sound.

Hey guys. Newbie here. Recently picked up an 09 TC/SS. Interior was well worn and lots of the buttons and paint was chipping off the factory pioneer radio. Went to the junkyard this weekend and picked up all the odds and end interior pieces I needed. I also scored a pristine factory radio.

The radio came from an 08 sedan without the pioneer option. It looks very simliar but is all black and missing the usb port. It does have the AUX input. My question is, will this radio work with my factory gear or am I asking for trouble? Couldn't find much info on downgrading as it's not too popular it seems, haha.

I'm also currently locked out and have read about needing a tech 2 to relearn the vin. When the tech 2 ask for make model and radio info, do I use the vehicle information my radio came from or my current vehicle information?

Thanks for any help from the radio gurus.

Updated info in latest post.

Last edited by HeavyChevyLNF; 03-07-2017 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-06-2017, 12:26 AM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Delete
Old 03-07-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've unlocked the radio and it all functions well but there is no sound. From what I've read it looks like the factory amp is not turning on. Whichever wire coming out of the radio is not getting power to the amp. Anyone know the colors off the top of their head which wire I need to splice a switched 12v source?
Old 03-11-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
pink if thats the case. check fuses

Search this Thread