Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

What is this???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is this???

Hello fellow Chevy drivers!

Okay here's the story. I bought a 06 Cobalt SS N/A about 5 months ago, and it had a AUX cord installed into it. I found it odd because there was no AUX input option on my radio. So I checked up here to see that I had to connect to XM channel 0 in order to here my input. Later I found out I don't have XM radio....Well, after thinking about this for some time, I got to thinking what the heck was going on with my car. So last night I tore through my radio and I found that I didn't have the XM plugged in to it's port.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Then I dug down a little more and found this...

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Now, what the hell is this thing and can I connect it? This is where the AUX cord is coming from. But it won't connect, help?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:08 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
test the wires on the 12v dc in and make sure theres not a popped fuse.

The FM modulator takes the audio and creates a fm signal for it so your radio has a station thats ur aux
Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 AM

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll go ahead and do that.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:09 PM

UPDATE:

So. I tested the 12v in. Fine, Tested the 6V out. Nothing, so I followed the wire. Which almost went all over and under the steering column. And I found this plugged into nothing...

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/121/20121003100537549.jpg/]

Where should I look for a cigarette adapter for this thing? Man, this is irritating...
Old 10-03-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
what is that even connected to? the 6v dc out shouldnt really be connected to anything anyway

are u tuned into the right station? which ever of the 3 thats listed and its switched to?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:55 AM

Tried every station with FM1 and 2. Idk what to do. Found a ground wire that was attached to a painted bolt so i tried another random bolt and the thing still doesn't work. ehh...I think I'm just gonna give up
Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Did you test the fuses?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:38 AM
LNF

That delphi unit is to incorporated a mobile XM player such as (Amazon.com: Delphi MyFi XM2GO Portable XM Satellite Radio Receiver with Home / Car Kits: Car Electronics) in the car I believe.

The portable unit would run off of the 6v output plug and the "Audio input" on that delphi box would plug into the mobile unit for a source.

The "To FM radio" should Incorporate into the stock radio with a standard antenna jack that plugs right in.

Lastly, the "To FM antenna" would plug right into the cable coming from your physical antenna.

To listen to audio you would select one of the three stations selected on the bottom if the delphi box there...87.9, 88.1, or 88.1Mhz.

Now if you don't plan on using a mobile XM player, you "should" be able to input audio from an Ipod or any other audio source from that "Audio in" port. Just use a cable that has a 3.5mm jack on one end and whatever the jack is for the unit on the other.