Featured Car Showcase Featured car submissions, voting, and showcasing.

I got one!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I got one!! :)

I picked up my Cobalt yesterday, just walked into the dealer and they had just gotten 2 in. Mine is a Arrival Blue LS Sedan with the 1SB sport package, leather interior, and pioneer speaker system. The dealer said they dont expect to get any SS's for another 6 months, but then again, they didn't seem to know that the cavalier has been ended. The car is awesome. It had 7 miles on it when I got in for the test drive I love the smell of a new engine breaking in. Now to get some rims....
Old 11-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet!

Welcome to the board and have fun with your cobalt! You are the fist person on here to actually own one! Take some NICE pics and I will put it up on Featured Cars! You'll be the first!

My local dealer has a Silver LS. I am going to test drive it on Monday just so I get the feel for it.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:29 PM

Wow...congrats bro. Even if it's only the 2.2L Ecotec (cough) Just messin'.

Welcome to the board..and keep us updated on your car.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Premium Member

What are you waiting for dude post some pics...
Old 11-21-2004, 02:19 AM

Congrats on your purchase of a Cobalt. Take some pictures for us all to see. Let us know how the car performs.

Coming soon: Rally Yellow SS Supercharged, Ebony with Yellow inserts, Sunroof, Racing Hart C5 rims
Old 11-21-2004, 02:24 AM

TTIUWP
Old 11-21-2004, 12:43 PM

^^^ what he said translation for those who dont know, This Thread Is Useless Without Pictures
Old 11-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Rally_Yellow_SS/SC
Congrats on your purchase of a Cobalt. Take some pictures for us all to see. Let us know how the car performs.

Coming soon: Rally Yellow SS Supercharged, Ebony with Yellow inserts, Sunroof, Racing Hart C5 rims

You already bought rims for ?

It's not even out yet
Old 11-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by Rally_Yellow_SS/SC

Sweet! Welcome to CobaltSS.net

We have a lot of OH people on here. Have fun
Old 11-21-2004, 06:57 PM

First pic

Ok, I didnt have time to take a bunch of pics today, but here is the one I got. Tomorrow I get to show it off at work, so I'll take a few then.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by SilverCSS
Wow...congrats bro. Even if it's only the 2.2L Ecotec (cough) Just messin'.

Welcome to the board..and keep us updated on your car.
I'm sure I can squeeze a bit more HP out of that 2.2 My last car had 230, I am not going to be able to live with 145 for long. Actually, the pick up and go isnt too bad for only being 145, but I can do better.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Site Founder

Love the blue! Are those 16's? They look really good for stock wheels.

I wanna see the leather
Old 11-21-2004, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by JonelZ
Love the blue! Are those 16's? They look really good for stock wheels.

I wanna see the leather
They are 16's. I will definately get some interior pics, I really like the dash.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:12 PM

i'm surprised they actually delivered it, as there is a "stop delivery" on them... i'm sure u will get a letter to bring it back to fix... not sure if it will be an actual recall, its only for the headlights not meeting federal standards... they're probably too bright or something...
Old 11-21-2004, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner

You already bought rims for ?

It's not even out yet

I haven't purchased my Racing Hart C5s yet as I hope to somehow talk the dealer down $1,500 on the price of the car to enable me to get the rims but we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by aka_Matt
i'm surprised they actually delivered it, as there is a "stop delivery" on them... i'm sure u will get a letter to bring it back to fix... not sure if it will be an actual recall, its only for the headlights not meeting federal standards... they're probably too bright or something...
I can't find a reference to the stop delivery anywhere. Where did you see/hear that?
Old 11-22-2004, 12:30 AM
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by mrinella
Ok, I didnt have time to take a bunch of pics today, but here is the one I got. Tomorrow I get to show it off at work, so I'll take a few then.
I love that Blue. I think the sedan looks pretty darn nice in that color. I had my doubts about how the sedan would look, but it looks nice from the picture you posted...

What dealer did you get it from? I am in Rockville, MD and I actually work in Reston so I get up that way often.

I think it's still on Sterling Chevys buypower listing :-)

2005 Cobalt
2.2L DOHC 4 CYL ENGINE
4-SPD. AUTO. TRANS. W/OVERDRIVE
ARRIVAL BLUE METALLIC
GRAY
Old 11-22-2004, 01:37 AM

I wish the 18's were like that, but just bigger. Those are nice rims.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:35 AM
Premium Member

mmmmmm........you don't know how jealous i am.....
Old 11-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

im gonna come down for a drive
Old 11-22-2004, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by zinner
I love that Blue. I think the sedan looks pretty darn nice in that color. I had my doubts about how the sedan would look, but it looks nice from the picture you posted...

What dealer did you get it from? I am in Rockville, MD and I actually work in Reston so I get up that way often.

I think it's still on Sterling Chevys buypower listing :-)

2005 Cobalt
2.2L DOHC 4 CYL ENGINE
4-SPD. AUTO. TRANS. W/OVERDRIVE
ARRIVAL BLUE METALLIC
GRAY
Hey, thats my car! I got it at Sterling, they had a silver one too.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Premium Member

Awesome! Great choice mrinella. I don't think I've seen pictures of the sedan in blue before, but I think that is probably the best looking picture of a sedan that I have seen. I'd love to see pics of the interior, how do you like the leather seats and the sound system/HVAC etc. etc. by the way? Any reviews you can give us would be great!
Old 11-22-2004, 05:56 PM

more pics, some comments on the car

I took a bunch of pictures, but its a crappy cloudy day down here in VA, so most of the did not look right, but here are the best:

Steering wheel/gauges:

The black line on the tach is the display for the computer (odometer, temp, etc, etc)

Hood:

This kind of shows the color.

Stock 16" rims and tires:

Trunk:

The picture doesnt do the trunk justice, its a cavern on the sedan. A friend mentioned you could fit 4 bodies in there, 6 if you pack em right. The battery is back there, against the rear wall, off to the right, under the carpet, along with the donut. I assume for weight distribution. You can see the Subwoofer to the left, too.

So a few things about the car so far. First, getting it registered with my insurance company (one of the biggest in the US, mind you) was a pain. Just imagine: "Its a Chevrolet Cobalt" "Uh, a what?". The phone person had to get a manager. mygmlink.com doesn't recognize the VIN, or have the car listed, either.

The computer display on the gauges is neat, I keep playing with it while I am driving. However, the temperature gauge is a degree or 2 off to the upside, I think. And it takes a while to get there if you let the car sit while its warmed up and then drive again. I have a friend with a Volvo who has the same behavior on his so whatever. I just wonder if the sensor could be relocated. One of the display options is Oil Life, which starts at 100% and just drops a percent every 30 miles. Seems useless, really. According to the display, I am getting about 22 MPG around the DC area. My trips are all short, half of them in traffic. The leather seats are comfortable enough, but I have yet to sit in them for more than 30 minutes at a time yet. The seat heaters: awesome. You only need to have them on for about 2 minutes. After 5, they are too hot. I really like the sound system. The pioneer speaker system can pump out a lot of volume. The radio itself is nice, too. Mine is not the MP3 player, but it looks exactly like the MP3 player, minus the MP3 logo and the middle station preset button doesn't have the folder up and down printed on it. I wasn't concerned about it, but make sure you look if you are. It really looks like the same radio at a quick glance. The climate controls work fine, easy to use. At least the heat does. But (and this is my biggest complaint about the car to date) why can't chevy make a low priced car with climate controls that dont feel cheap? They feel like crap loose plastic, and could look better. If they are easy to replace, I may just do that.

How does it drive? I am not unhappy at all. Considering I just came from 230 horses down to 145, that probably says something. The handling is pretty good. The get up and go off the line could use a little more, but I kicked in the overdrive to pass some loser, and it jumped from 40 to 60 like nothing. And then I found out the brakes work well, too.

So on day 3, I would replace the climate control knobs. Thats about it. Rims are on my list, and so is a new cd player. The radio looks like its the usual GM odd size, not double din. Recomendations of a good in dash cd changer, anyone?

As soon as I can get a sunny day, I will take some better pictures. I'll get a few of the engine, too.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:16 PM

kinda sucks that the other models cant get optional rear disc's butn one the less looks sweet. keep us updated more on more as it progress'. also how is the carpet? low cut? i heard it was? didnt mention if it was a quiet ride inside. looks sweet.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
kinda sucks that the other models cant get optional rear disc's butn one the less looks sweet. keep us updated more on more as it progress'. also how is the carpet? low cut? i heard it was? didnt mention if it was a quiet ride inside. looks sweet.
Oops, forgot to mention the noise, or lack thereof. Its very quiet in there. The car handles the bumps and dips pretty well, too. The carpet is low cut.

Keep the questions coming.