Featured Car Showcase Featured car submissions, voting, and showcasing.
View Poll Results: January 2009 FCOTM Poll
Patricia
5.31%
Spectral
28.76%
NAWE Cobalt
3.10%
Beamer
3.54%
Steven Flit
15.93%
mexi_loco
3.98%
Jn2
0.88%
cobaltrobert
0.88%
BLAZIN07SS
15.04%
Dragonsfire12345
4.42%
saunders1986
16.37%
BlackLsCoupe
1.77%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Jan. 2009 FCOTM Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol wtf is going on with this website... is this a popularity contest?? Because thats def. the way it looks... Saunders1986 has the best pictures by far!!!!

Originally Posted by KillerBee
That is exactly what it is. You know that Reign SS and Spec have been friends for the longest time
lol wow i didnt even read the thread i just looked at the pictures and the polls and i could tell thats what was going on...

Im sorry spectral your a cool dude and all but your driving an ion for one and your girl isnt that cute, so i dont know why you have so many votes haha unless it is wat was previously stated

Last edited by 2fastSS; 01-01-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM

I think the polls were miss read and people accidently voted for blazin07ss and saunders1986 instead of me rofl....
Old 01-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2fastSS
lol wtf is going on with this website... is this a popularity contest?? Because thats def. the way it looks... Saunders1986 has the best pictures by far!!!!

lol wow i didnt even read the thread i just looked at the pictures and the polls and i could tell thats what was going on...

Im sorry spectral your a cool dude and all but your driving an ion for one and your girl isnt that cute, so i dont know why you have so many votes haha unless it is wat was previously stated

Ok Max, I don't think that comment was neccesary........

But I mean I will agree on the popularity contest to a degree. Spec, your a cool guy and your car is pretty dope, but I certainly think theres more deserving cars with MUCH more time and money invested in them than yours.........but your arguably the most "popular" member running this month, which I think is certainly helping your vote count. I'm not hating or saying you don't deserve it or anything like that, so don't take what i'm saying the wrong way. I just stating my two cents.

I also think having an ION win COTM on a Cobalt forum is kinda odd........I understand why G5's should be allowed to run.......they are almost identical save for the rear end and the front grill. But I mean its whatever if an ION wins.....its not the end of the world.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:31 PM

Cobalts, HHRs, G5s, RedLines, they are all made by GM. Who cares! I voted for BLAZIN' but I also really like that RedLine.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:51 PM

This is not a popularity contest, but just an FYI it is not a best photo contest....It is a contest for people to vote which car they PERSONALLY like the most.

So it is much more in a sense a "popularity" contest versus a "Who takes the best pictures of their car" contest.

I'm really quite stumped why so many people are so very adamant about me not being COTM.

Some say, there is a redline forum, that is correct, but there is also a G5 forum. They say that somehow the Ion is not a sister car to the cobalt, even though it was the first car in the platform and was in essence the prototype to the cobalt.

The rules stated Cobalts/G5 and sister cars....That rule in particular is up to interpretation in which one could easily come to the conclusion that the Ion is indeed a sister car beings that it has nearly identical parts to both the G5 and Cobalt.

I feel it is kind of odd that on a site where many people say we are open to so many different people being on that, are getting upset that a car that is virtually the same car as the SS/SC, is going to win Feature CAR of the Month.

All ranges of cobalts have won, minus the new TC, and both a coupe and sedan, if i remember correctly, of the G5 have also won.

I was really not trying to start a war between so many people, and bring out some very harsh words from some people that were really not necessary.

It is clear by the number of votes and by the moderators who have voted for me. Which might I add some one brought up the fact that I have been talking to Reign for so long. That is true but philico, who runs FCOTM, and I have no connection what so ever.

So I really hate to sound like an ass if i am. But the is a majority of people who do not care that an Ion can win given the fact that a G5 is able to win, and the fact that moderators obviously approve of it.

If you guys have a problem with it, that is not problem, there is a section in the forum for you to address your concerns and you can also PM an admin or moderator to address an issue.

There is no need to fill up this poll forum with a bunch of childish arguing that in the end gets us no where.

Sorry for the long rant everyone
Old 01-01-2009, 06:56 PM

^^^^x2 QFT. RedLine's are sex!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:59 PM

I voted for someone who actually put work into their car. Sorry Jessie but your car is mostly stock..it would be like ME entering for COTM. To me, COTM is for someone who put lots of time and effort into their car not just putting a few parts on there and making a pretty picture. Last time i checked the ion looked NOTHING like a cobalt, yea you have the same engine and whatnot but how much is ACTUALLY interchangeable? If you took the front bumper and rear bumper off both the cobalt and the g5, you couldnt tell the difference between the two. Thats fine if you want to be different and change the rules based on JUST the engine and platform but i think COTM should be going to a cobalt or g5 as the rules initially stated [which i also think is BS to change the rules AFTER the fact]. OH yea, my thoughts dont really count cuz im just some 2.2L and not the 2.0L....
Old 01-01-2009, 07:04 PM

People need to stop bitching. The rules were changed by someone with authority so he fits the rules and won fair and square. Stop making him feel bad or guilty for winning. How would you feel about it if you got almost twice as many votes as 2nd place and all you got was ****. Let's be mature about this guys. Vote for me in March! LOL! ha ha ha ha ha Shameless plug much! I hear any more bitching I'm going to submit my skateboard next month!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by SUKXOST
People need to stop bitching. The rules were changed by someone with authority so he fits the rules and won fair and square. Stop making him feel bad or guilty for winning. How would you feel about it if you got almost twice as many votes as 2nd place and all you got was ****. Let's be mature about this guys. Vote for me in March! LOL! ha ha ha ha ha Shameless plug much! I hear any more bitching I'm going to submit my skateboard next month!
I will paypal you a dollar if you do it or give you a dollar if you ever come up this way again hahaha.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 PM
GRABBER BLUE MUSTANG GT

Originally Posted by chevyLSchik
I voted for someone who actually put work into their car. Sorry Jessie but your car is mostly stock..it would be like ME entering for COTM. To me, COTM is for someone who put lots of time and effort into their car not just putting a few parts on there and making a pretty picture. Last time i checked the ion looked NOTHING like a cobalt, yea you have the same engine and whatnot but how much is ACTUALLY interchangeable? If you took the front bumper and rear bumper off both the cobalt and the g5, you couldnt tell the difference between the two. Thats fine if you want to be different and change the rules based on JUST the engine and platform but i think COTM should be going to a cobalt or g5 as the rules initially stated [which i also think is BS to change the rules AFTER the fact]. OH yea, my thoughts dont really count cuz im just some 2.2L and not the 2.0L....
^^^ true cobalt's ftw
Old 01-01-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Corvettespirit
^^^ true cobalt's ftw
Come on, it's not like he has a Civic. IT'S A GM!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 PM

im not going to bother reading this thread, im going to voice my opinion though.

for those of you having a problem with a ion winning this, keep in mind you are probably the same people that have passed on some of the fastest cars on this site for COTM and voted for 14 second cars with projectors and rims. wake up people, this contest is a joke
Old 01-01-2009, 09:29 PM

^^^how do ya really feel? :P
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 PM

Like 06blackg85ss only 440whp LSJ but got beat by a guy with stickers and body kit!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 PM

duh matt, thats def. more deserving
Old 01-01-2009, 09:34 PM

I hear ya.... it's not whos the best car it's who has the best stickers!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:36 PM

lets rename it SOTM!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned

X2!!!!

all the car of the month ever is is a damn popularity contest
Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 PM

Dam it......I'm screwed LOL I better start putting out!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha, yea, all about popularity and not what the car has done as i have seen. Congrats to whomever won, just hope ya deserve the spot, I did not look at the poll so I do not who won it. Great pics are good, but doesn't make your car material, whats been done and work should be the deciding factor as I usually vote.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Ok Max, I don't think that comment was neccesary........

But I mean I will agree on the popularity contest to a degree. Spec, your a cool guy and your car is pretty dope, but I certainly think theres more deserving cars with MUCH more time and money invested in them than yours.........but your arguably the most "popular" member running this month, which I think is certainly helping your vote count. I'm not hating or saying you don't deserve it or anything like that, so don't take what i'm saying the wrong way. I just stating my two cents.

I also think having an ION win COTM on a Cobalt forum is kinda odd........I understand why G5's should be allowed to run.......they are almost identical save for the rear end and the front grill. But I mean its whatever if an ION wins.....its not the end of the world.
Actually it was quite neccesary considering the fact of plenty of guys on this website who will vote when there is a car of the month submission with a girl in the picture that shows rather revealing photos...

In this case to me i dont see how spectrals girl helped him out at all in votes.... His pictures arent excellent by any means, his girl aint a dime piece, and its a redline....
Old 01-01-2009, 11:55 PM

Does this mean that if i show revealing photos with my car that i'll win COTM with no work into my car whatsoever? cool...count me in!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 AM

Well I'll be the first to say, Congrats Spec.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:43 AM

Congrats spec X2
Old 01-02-2009, 01:03 AM

Congrats Spec! You managed to **** a bunch of people off, oh well. Your car is clean and looks good It's a hell-of-a jump up from that Aveo! Hope you are enjoying it!

Quick Reply: Jan. 2009 FCOTM Poll