Featured Car Showcase Featured car submissions, voting, and showcasing.

My New SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My New SS

Pics of my new blue SS with blue inserts are up. It has XM, sunroof, and side air bags. I'm trying to break it in easy but its soooo hard to keep my foot off the gas. This car just begs to go fast! I love it!

https://www.cobaltss.net/gallery/bro...imageuser=1369
Old 05-12-2005, 02:25 PM

Those pics kick ass. If the black didn't look soooo sexy, I'd regret not getting the blue. If it's as nice in person as it is in the pics, I'm impressed. CONGRATULATIONS STIC5!!!!

Old 05-12-2005, 02:58 PM

Sweet! Welcome to the Blue SS/SC Familia! You see see my posts in the gallery too! Waiting for better pics this weekend.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:16 PM

I love that color, the blue inserts look AWESOME.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:20 PM

NICE MAN CONGRATZ cant wait to get my red SS 2 more weeks
Old 05-12-2005, 03:43 PM

Thanks everyone. I also have a 3800 automatic Camaro, and it is a great car, but there's no comparison. I feel like I've gone from an old Buick to a race car. Not only that, but the refinement levels are MUCH improved over my other car. Every ricer I see on the streets wants to race me now. I have a friend with an Evo that's begging for race. I know I would lose, but I'm going to do it as soon as I get my SS broken in. And who knows... maybe I can make a few mods (i wish the aftermarket for this car would hurry up and get in swing) and beat him eventually. I think the SS definitely has potential to make a lot more power even though it's already very fast.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
p7x

wicked lookin car man exactly what I ordered, month and a half to go.
CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 05:37 PM

very nice i ordered tha same thing

ma landing date to tha dealer is mon so i cant wait to get it
Old 05-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stic5
Thanks everyone. I also have a 3800 automatic Camaro, and it is a great car, but there's no comparison. I feel like I've gone from an old Buick to a race car. Not only that, but the refinement levels are MUCH improved over my other car. Every ricer I see on the streets wants to race me now. I have a friend with an Evo that's begging for race. I know I would lose, but I'm going to do it as soon as I get my SS broken in. And who knows... maybe I can make a few mods (i wish the aftermarket for this car would hurry up and get in swing) and beat him eventually. I think the SS definitely has potential to make a lot more power even though it's already very fast.

The Evo's are dynoing like 225-235 HP at the wheels. So yes you might lose, but it's not like your going to get owned. Our cars are dynoing like 215 at the wheels.

Welcome to the site. I have the same color SS/SC as you but I got the all black interior.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by zinner
The Evo's are dynoing like 225-235 HP at the wheels. So yes you might lose, but it's not like your going to get owned. Our cars are dynoing like 215 at the wheels.

Welcome to the site. I have the same color SS/SC as you but I got the all black interior.

It's funny that you said that because my friend and I mentioned the same stats when we discussed racing. He said that as long as he doesn't drop his clutch and take advantage of his all wheel drive (creating a 4 wheel burnout), I should be able to keep up. I have been for some high speed rides in his Evo, and judging purely from the seat-of-my-pants feel, I would say that's about right.

Also, I think your car was the first blue SS that I saw pics of. I had never thought about owning a blue car until I saw those, but when I saw your car I was sold! I'm happy with my choice. There are red, yellow, and black SS's in my area, but there was just something about that arrival blue.