Featured Car Showcase Featured car submissions, voting, and showcasing.

New toys

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New toys

Well lately I have been babying my balt buying it a AEM CAI w/ Dryflow, Progressive rear anti-sway bar, DC strut bar, and on the way a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Anyways the g/f is getting mad jelous(of a car.. lol). Well I do spend a lot on my balt....like a Grand in the last month... and a couple hundred on the g/f. lol. Anways here are some pix of the DC strut bar and AEM CAI with the front bow tie covered in some material that I think looks like brushed aluminum...

O yea and the pattened bunny ears... lol

Let me know what u guys/ gals think and I know I need to wash it. Gona go through the automatic car wash to get the bottom good and clean for when I install the Magnaflow cat-back.

later

Does ne one know how to remove the extension where the oil cap screws into?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM

To remove the extention just grab a pair of plyers and twist it off.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:23 PM

I used to get jealous of my ex bf spending thousands on his truck...of course at the time I wanted to get a house with him and I felt like the truck was his priority because he was spending all of his money on toys for himself and nothing towards saving for a house, marriage,etc. Then I would always have to pay for things we did because he was always broke. So I know how she feels. But if you haven't been dating that long I don't think your money should really be her business. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by All in the Heartbeat
I used to get jealous of my ex bf spending thousands on his truck...of course at the time I wanted to get a house with him and I felt like the truck was his priority because he was spending all of his money on toys for himself and nothing towards saving for a house, marriage,etc. Then I would always have to pay for things we did because he was always broke. So I know how she feels. But if you haven't been dating that long I don't think your money should really be her business. Just my 2 cents.
I understand where ur coming from but.... all the money for date nights, food, movies, everything comes out of... u guessed it my pocket. We have been dating for almost 2 years and I barely spent any money on my balt($300 on rims and tires) and zero time with it. So now I am babying my balt wheather the g/f likes it or not. She thinks spending money on a car is "stupid"... while she spends hundreds on new cloths and everything. I guess its just one of those..male... female things. If only she was into cars..... I tried to get my hands on her 02 VW Bettle Turbo but that got shut down quickly.... lol.

Anyways back to it....

LT Guy I tried doing that but it would only turn 1/4 " counter clockwise then stop and I didnt want to crank on it too hard and have something bust off and fall down in....

Does ne one know of a place I can find a aftermarket oil cap?

later
Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Hmm...that engine bay looks kind of familiar. We got some of the same things done. I'm assuming you didn't have any trouble installing the strut bar,right? I had some problems with that. As for the oil cap, just keep twisting and pushing back and forth; it takes a little doing, but it wiggles right off. As for aftermarket caps, check Modern Performance in the vendor's index; they have one for $25.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by XM15
Hmm...that engine bay looks kind of familiar. We got some of the same things done. I'm assuming you didn't have any trouble installing the strut bar,right? I had some problems with that. As for the oil cap, just keep twisting and pushing back and forth; it takes a little doing, but it wiggles right off. As for aftermarket caps, check Modern Performance in the vendor's index; they have one for $25.
I just had to jack the car up to get the holes to line up. Other than that it was a piece of cake. Thanks... have to keep pullin it... lol

later