2.2 turbo finished

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why the huge drop off after 5k?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That huge drop is due to the super restrictive OEM exhaust system. The turbo can only boost as much air in correlation to how much exhaust gas it can flow. When backpressure builds up due to a restrictive exhaust it limits the CFM rating of the turbo. Hince the power drop. Free up backpressure and free up mo powa!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
why the huge drop off after 5k?
cant flow past the down pipe on the turbo...

if you ever listen to duanes car all you hear is SSHSHHHHHHHHH (shift, tire spin) SSHHHHHHHHHHHH (shift, tire spin) SSHHHHHSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

that poor little exhaust is trying to get the air out as fast as it can! like i said, with a nice flowing exhaust! DAMN!
Old 01-26-2007, 12:50 PM

yeah once you get an aftermarket exhaust its gonna be sweetness
Old 01-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

so where are these videos? it's been plenty long
Old 01-26-2007, 12:56 PM

Sooooo........ When are you going to get the Aftermarket Exhaust ? And when are u gonna get it Dynoed Again ? I know that Turbo charged engines get big gains from exhaust mods.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:58 PM

so where are these videos? it's been plenty long
He's probably out having fun with it.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 PM

yeah id like to see some vids myself this give me hope that i wont have to sell the cat come spring due to lack in boost id like to see a dyno run with some engine shots
Old 01-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Witt
He's probably out having fun with it.
probably... but i mean this guys bean trying to get people to place orders, when we don't really have anything to go by... if i turbo'd my 2.2, better damn well believe i'd have a video up that same day... and it woudln't be following cars in traffic either
Old 01-27-2007, 12:29 AM

Honestly the camera phone video he posted earlier is accelerating slower then my LS does with just GMPP Intake, Custom Exhaust, and GMPP Manifold. I dont believe all this bullshit. Until I see pictures of the car turboed and a video of it on a Dyno all this talk is garbage.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by BlackedOutCoby
Honestly the camera phone video he posted earlier is accelerating slower then my LS does with just GMPP Intake, Custom Exhaust, and GMPP Manifold. I dont believe all this bullshit. Until I see pictures of the car turboed and a video of it on a Dyno all this talk is garbage.
I sorta got that feeling as well. Maybe it wasn't the best of the videos he had to offer, but we've yet to see these other vids...

The video of it on the dyno is here, was posted on page 7 of this thread
http://alpine-developments.us/cobalt_dyno.htm

It might show up as a red 'x' if its not loaded or something
Old 01-27-2007, 02:48 AM

im so dissapointed in this thread, im beginning to think the turbo is fake
Old 01-27-2007, 03:02 AM

Yeah the vid on my phone kills the lame video he has!! But whatever you guys can believe whateva you want.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:07 AM

i love how you guys think its fake. i've been really short on cash, so much as that i been carpooling to work with my roommate cuz i couldnt afford gas until i get paid. Thats why the videos havent been out. And btw, im not trying to promote anything, im just showing you my car, cuz i thought you guys might like this. so all this is from me wanting to show you guys, not promote anything, so you know what, why should i put any effort into showing you guys something im pretty psyched at if your gonna throw it down. And yes, tonight i was out having fun with it. Sorry you guys arent 1st on my list of things to do.

Oh, and the ONLY reason tbat bad quality video was out is because YOU GUYS cried cuz you wanted to see a video fast. That was the only video i could take and post quickly because my phone died. I have lots of video on my friends camera but i am really doubting posting it anymore cuz you guys seriously just pissed me off.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:29 AM

probably... but i mean this guys bean trying to get people to place orders, when we don't really have anything to go by... if i turbo'd my 2.2, better damn well believe i'd have a video up that same day... and it woudln't be following cars in traffic either
Calm down there, spring for a turbo kit or fab one up and you can have an entire library of videos.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
i love how you guys think its fake. i've been really short on cash, so much as that i been carpooling to work with my roommate cuz i couldnt afford gas until i get paid. Thats why the videos havent been out. And btw, im not trying to promote anything, im just showing you my car, cuz i thought you guys might like this. so all this is from me wanting to show you guys, not promote anything, so you know what, why should i put any effort into showing you guys something im pretty psyched at if your gonna throw it down. And yes, tonight i was out having fun with it. Sorry you guys arent 1st on my list of things to do.

Oh, and the ONLY reason tbat bad quality video was out is because YOU GUYS cried cuz you wanted to see a video fast. That was the only video i could take and post quickly because my phone died. I have lots of video on my friends camera but i am really doubting posting it anymore cuz you guys seriously just pissed me off.
i understand why you would be upset that we think it's fake... but you have to understand that you are the first turbo 2.2 on here, and we have had many people come on and claim to have things that they don't... all we want is a little proof... i mean, imagine if you were a long time member here... you know that there's no tuning out for the 2.2, and several extremely reputable companies have tried unsuccesfully putting out a turbo... now, you're waiting for a turbo, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.... and some new guy pops on and says "Hey, i have a turbo." People are skeptical because you're the first, that's all. i forget who it was, but he said he had videos over a week ago, and they never came up... that's all man... nobody's trying to be an ass, everyone is just impatient, anxious, excited, and skeptical all at the same time.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:39 AM

D4u2s0t nailed it right on the button

Being the first has everyone and their grandma watching this thread.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:40 AM

grats on the turbo upgrade
Old 01-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Banned

i'm one of the older members around, and i think that people trust me to the point where they would believe something i said... i never made up any bullshit stories, and try to keep it real... but if i said i ran low 13's in my 2.2, it would be the same thing... people would be all over me for proof... why? because i would be the first, and no one's ever saw it before... if tons of 2.2's were running 13's, no one would ask for a video because it would just be accepted as the norm... like ^^ said, we just want to see the vids...
Old 01-27-2007, 12:26 PM

Who are these reputable companies that tried unsucessfully to make a turboed 2.2?

Some of you guys need to get off the computer and to a drag strip or car cruise sometime. My local dragstrip has at least one turbo 2.2 jbody eco there at any given time and I see a 2.2 cobalt turbo every once in a while as well. Kinda how Dan and I knew and posted months ago that the SMT-6 was a possible tuning method.

You guys are jumping his ass like you have money sitting in the bank, just burning a hole in your pocket for a turbo kit. How many people are actually going this route? Check out the number of 2.4s turboed if you can't figure out what I'm getting at.

I would love to see Paris Hilton sex tapes addressed specifically to me, but do you think I'm high on her priority list? Ever wonder why people with unique or decently fast cars are no longer active on this site? I can see requesting a video once, but to spam and flame is getting a bit out of hand.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Witt
Who are these reputable companies that tried unsucessfully to make a turboed 2.2?

Some of you guys need to get off the computer and to a drag strip or car cruise sometime. My local dragstrip has at least one turbo 2.2 jbody eco there at any given time and I see a 2.2 cobalt turbo every once in a while as well. Kinda how Dan and I knew and posted months ago that the SMT-6 was a possible tuning method.

You guys are jumping his ass like you have money sitting in the bank, just burning a hole in your pocket for a turbo kit. How many people are actually going this route? Check out the number of 2.4s turboed if you can't figure out what I'm getting at.

I would love to see Paris Hilton sex tapes addressed specifically to me, but do you think I'm high on her priority list? Ever wonder why people with unique or decently fast cars are no longer active on this site? I can see requesting a video once, but to spam and flame is getting a bit out of hand.
Agreed +1 for everyone not making a positive post to shut the **** up...let him work for god sakes! This is why people leave and you never see something truely develope because of ******** that are like oh no vids after a week...this has got to be fake! Shut the **** up and get a life...this is directed at those who are making negative posts! Again +1 with agreeing with Witt!
Old 01-27-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote: WITT- Who are these reputable companies that tried unsucessfully to make a turboed 2.2?

Hann Racecraft, Turbonetics, theres another but i can't think of it. and don't give us the **** that u see turbo cobalts all the time. Thats a given, anyone with the funds and resources can make a turbo cobalt, but a majority (not all) run standalone. the majority of people on the forum want to run stock ecm. Thats the whole issue here. someone finaly acomplished it and now we are excited, but in order not to get our hopes up we need:

1:proof (pics, videos)
2:long term testing(this is an ongoing process for him and anyone else going this route)
3:problems, and how their fixed.

these things are what people are looking for Witt. He might not be tring to sell anything, but alpine is. And we need info, thats what forums are for, to gather and give information.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:01 PM

Duane send me the vids ASAP so i can edit them and get them posted i mean give me what ever you have!

as for being fake...you are so wrong it is not even funny...i can post pics of the install, i can post pics of the dyno sheet, i can post links to a guy in SLC Utah that got beat by duane agains this SS/SC...

give me a call if you thinks its fake i can answer any question you have...and again the vids i posted where from a phone and you guys where such in a hurry to see vids so i was like F it i will post the worst vids i have ever taken as i wanted to keep them for my personal vids when i a board on the plane or chillen at work to look at the ass kicking duane put on that ride!

so if you have questions call me 303-517-8969 i will be here all weekend long... ask for Kevin...

So the Turbo kit kicks ass
its not fake
and its tuned for the 2.2L ecotec cars!

So my numbers out there so give me a call for questions to settle this once and for all...and duane send me vids i will edit them today!

Thanks Kevin
Old 01-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned

guys, for the record, i wasn't saying it's fake... i don't doubt that this guy has his car turboed... people are aking to see the videos, that's all... who spammed or flamed?
Old 01-27-2007, 03:06 PM

thank you speed mafia, this is the kind of support we were lookin for. i appreciate you putting urself out there for the guys on here

Quick Reply: 2.2 turbo finished