Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

???????

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
???????

I was reading the Forced Induction tread and noticed that there was something in there about direct drive chargers. Our supercharger is turned by a belt drive making it turn at all times. This being said, would it not be logicial that our superchargers make minimium boot at idle?

I have read of people saying they only get 10 psi of boost. I'm confused because the stock gauge needle on my car sits on the 20 below the zero mark, when I throttle up it climbs up to the 10 above the zero mark. This would indicate that the superchatger is actually boosting 30 psi, YES ? or NO?

Enlighten me.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot Rod Cop
I was reading the Forced Induction tread and noticed that there was something in there about direct drive chargers. Our supercharger is turned by a belt drive making it turn at all times. This being said, would it not be logicial that our superchargers make minimium boot at idle?

I have read of people saying they only get 10 psi of boost. I'm confused because the stock gauge needle on my car sits on the 20 below the zero mark, when I throttle up it climbs up to the 10 above the zero mark. This would indicate that the superchatger is actually boosting 30 psi, YES ? or NO?

Enlighten me.
NO. The correct answer is that when the engine is not under load it releases the pressure through a bypass and the engine runs off the vacum. When the engine is under load the pressurized air is sent through the intercooler plate and into the engine. You are only seeing 10 psi of boost. But you should see about 12.5 if your engine is broken in all the way.