Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intercooler

we all know that were never be boosting any where arounf 19-20 psi with our superchargers,bucuase they suck and the get hot.simply putting tit..wuld adding a intercooler help..iknow everyones going to say u cant and u wont..but if u run an kn filter on the lower passenger front end of the car ans run an intercooler through the front bumper and then up driver side back into throttle boddy or supercharger inlet nossle im sure u can reduce temps...can it be done...need advise and why not
Old 11-28-2006, 02:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marzbarz
we all know that were never be boosting any where arounf 19-20 psi with our superchargers,bucuase they suck and the get hot.simply putting tit..wuld adding a intercooler help..iknow everyones going to say u cant and u wont..but if u run an kn filter on the lower passenger front end of the car ans run an intercooler through the front bumper and then up driver side back into throttle boddy or supercharger inlet nossle im sure u can reduce temps...can it be done...need advise and why not
Old 11-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Banned

Think long and hard about it... hopefully you already did a search, because this issue has already been brought up and shot down.

To answer you though, running an intercooler before the super charger would be pretty much useless. 1. because the air would get heated by the blower anyways 2. the air would take extra time to pass through the intercooler without being forced. So yeah it can be done, just no point.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by seymourwood
Think long and hard about it... hopefully you already did a search, because this issue has already been brought up and shot down.

To answer you though, running an intercooler before the super charger would be pretty much useless. 1. because the air would get heated by the blower anyways 2. the air would take extra time to pass through the intercooler without being forced. So yeah it can be done, just no point.

well thanks for the input as for the other jackass that cant ever comment..this is a forum right ..were supposed to helping and sharing info with ourselfs....not just freaking worring about the fukin search button and if anybody used it...thanx seymourwood
Old 11-28-2006, 02:25 AM

It would actually restrict air and not help in any way. However if you ever decide to twin charge then a extra intercooler might be helpful.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:28 AM
Banned

well thanks for the input as for the other jackass that cant ever comment..this is a forum right ..were supposed to helping and sharing info with ourselfs....not just freaking worring about the fukin search button and if anybody used it...thanx seymourwood
No prob, I figured you already did a search and didn't turn up anything. That is why I answered. Feel free to ask more questions.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Banned

maybe if you just thought about it for a second, if it was beneficial dont you think you would see other SS's with big front mounts, not to mention you made absolutley no sense and sounded like someone who cant type on a keyboard, have you ever looked under the hood of your car? maybe some things may click, the button to pop your hood is to the left of your pedals...go take a look, your intake is on the drivers side, not passengers for one.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by silverSS
maybe if you just thought about it for a second, if it was beneficial dont you think you would see other SS's with big front mounts, not to mention you made absolutley no sense and sounded like someone who cant type on a keyboard, have you ever looked under the hood of your car? maybe some things may click, the button to pop your hood is to the left of your pedals...go take a look, your intake is on the drivers side, not passengers for one.
No ...I meant starting the intake from the passenger side then running the pipping ,intercooler and back to the driver side...just a thought. that was answered for already jackass.. man your not a fucin genius yourself man. Next time just dont reply if u think some of us are not at your level fucin old man...
Old 11-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Banned

No ...I meant starting the intake from the passenger side then running the pipping ,intercooler and back to the driver side...just a thought. that was answered for already jackass.. man your not a fucin genius yourself man. Next time just dont reply if u think some of us are not at your level fucin old man...

Wow another flamefest spawned from ingorance...woohooo.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:54 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
WOW... *******...
well we can boost over 20 psi... I was up around 22.5 psi for a while (I have hp tuners to scan and an areoforce)... best way to cool intake temps... water/meth injection..
next time use the search button
Old 11-29-2006, 08:22 AM

it would cost alot, but you could have a plate thoat goes under the blower and diverts the air to a fmic and back into the motor fabbed. they make them for the holden commodores for the m90. itd cost you around 3 grand, but youd probably get like 40+whp from it.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Banned

Eaton blowers are water to air cooled, which is more effecient (in our case) than the bar type air to air intercooler you are referring to. All you have to do read a few of the posts around here to figure stuff out if your clueless. the reason i just laughed is because if you asked that dumb of a question its not even worth explaining to you.

BTW there is no need to start calling names, it makes you sound even more clueless
Old 11-29-2006, 08:16 PM

hey im gona throw this in here cause this thread is new and i dont want to start another stupid one but whats the differnce between a heat exchanger and a radiator
Old 11-29-2006, 08:27 PM

Eaton blowers are water to air cooled, which is more effecient (in our case) than the bar type air to air intercooler you are referring to. All you have to do read a few of the posts around here to figure stuff out if your clueless. the reason i just laughed is because if you asked that dumb of a question its not even worth explaining to you.

BTW there is no need to start calling names, it makes you sound even more clueless

ummm you sound like the idiot. eaton blowers are not intercooled at all. any kind of intercooling is done by aftermarket companies or seperately from the blower. they do not produce intercooled kits like some companies. i.e. kenne bell, vortech, procharger...
Old 11-29-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueSS-supercharged
hey im gona throw this in here cause this thread is new and i dont want to start another stupid one but whats the differnce between a heat exchanger and a radiator
They basically work in the same way and do the same thing.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:39 PM

Granted you didn't call him any names but you weren't acting any more mature in the first place.

Not everyone knows everything about superchargers, intercoolers and just forced induction in general. I can name a bunch of people who can't even tell you what Bar means, do I make fun of them? No. I try and help and explain it.

silver, what you said is incorrect. An air to air intercooler is much more efficient way of intercooling (in general) than air to water. An air to water intercooler not only cools as much as the air hitting the heat exchanger but the temperature of the fluid that is being used to cool. The more variables and complexity in between, the less efficient...this goes for alot of things (another example: automatic transmissions vs manual transmissions).

Now, when it comes to a root type supercharger, you physically can't make an air to air intercooler. The point of an intercooler on an forced inducted vehicle is to cool down the hot compressed air or in the case of a roots charger, the stacked air. Either way, this is highly pressurized air. The way of the roots charger is that its using the manifold to help build pressure and anytype of leak or holes would drop pressure. I can't even possibly think of someone trying to make an air to air cooler with an roots charger without it losing a ton of pressure in the manifold.

FYI: It's Air to Water cooled, not Water to Air Cooled
Old 11-29-2006, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
ummm you sound like the idiot. eaton blowers are not intercooled at all. any kind of intercooling is done by aftermarket companies or seperately from the blower. they do not produce intercooled kits like some companies. i.e. kenne bell, vortech, procharger...
Intercoolers = Aftercoolers

It's the same thing. They cool highly pressurized air after the compressor or "stacker" (whatever you wanna call it).
Old 11-29-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by e to the x

Wow another flamefest spawned from ingorance...woohooo.
He didn't know an answer, so he asked a question and all of a sudden he is "ignorant". Give me a break, this is the point of a forum. Ask a question, answer a question. If you don't know something, you don't know something. People aren't born with knowledge of Forced Induction, it's a learning process.

Either you guys help or just ignore the thread, it'll help much more if you actually followed this rather than coming here and laughing at the guy.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Intercoolers = Aftercoolers

It's the same thing. They cool highly pressurized air after the compressor or "stacker" (whatever you wanna call it).

the point was that eaton does not make those and it IS possible to use an air to air intercooler on a roots style blower.

http://v6supercharged.com.au/coolerplate.asp

check it.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:53 PM

the point was that eaton does not make those and it IS possible to use an air to air intercooler on a roots style blower.

http://v6supercharged.com.au/coolerplate.asp

check it.
I didn't mean to use the word impossible as far as air to air on a roots charger but I can just imagine that there is a big pressure lost in the manifold and for someone like the SS/SC to do this change will be more of a hassle.

As far as Eaton making them, I mis understood what you said so my apology.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Banned

He didn't know an answer, so he asked a question and all of a sudden he is "ignorant". Give me a break, this is the point of a forum. Ask a question, answer a question. If you don't know something, you don't know something. People aren't born with knowledge of Forced Induction, it's a learning process.

Either you guys help or just ignore the thread, it'll help much more if you actually followed this rather than coming here and laughing at the guy.
Nah that was my comment to him calling people names. I'm just a fan of the search button and google.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by e to the x
Nah that was my comment to him calling people names. I'm just a fan of the search button and google.
I don't approve of calling names but in this thread it wouldn't have come down to it if people were respectfully answering his question of why or why it wouldn't work.

I like google as well but love wikipedia too.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:58 PM

I didn't mean to use the word impossible as far as air to air on a roots charger but I can just imagine that there is a big pressure lost in the manifold and for someone like the SS/SC to do this change will be more of a hassle.

As far as Eaton making them, I mis understood what you said so my apology.

oh no problem, i know you know what you are talking about. i just hate when people on this site go after others for having false info or asking dumb questions when they don't even know the proper info themselves. that was not about you, i was just responding to your post while ragging on the other guy lol.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:03 PM

oh no problem, i know you know what you are talking about. i just hate when people on this site go after others for having false info or asking dumb questions when they don't even know the proper info themselves. that was not about you, i was just responding to your post while ragging on the other guy lol.
I understand, no harm no foul.

I think in this case, marzbarz just didn't know and was logically asking a question, thats all.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Banned

I agree, no one person will ever no everything about superchargers etc.

I was under the influence that laminova intercoolers were more efficient for use with eaton blowers than the air to air intercoolers, but youre saying the bar type intercoolers cant be used in conjuctions with eatons?

Quick Reply: Intercooler