Old 01-16-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More interesting information on Eaton's new SC

I dont know if i can post a link to another forum.. but anyways i will

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...ight=eaton+tvs

Heres what a represenative from Harrop had said

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermike...

...snip ... may be external differences, the rotors determine the basic parameters of the compressors, so any performance differences are not likely to be significant, as least from the compressors alone.

Well ... almost.
Although the rotor groups are all Eaton, we have found significant gains in performance by small tweaks in port profiles and the intergration of the bypass ports. As with all engineering projects, constant improvement is inevitable.
We have just released our next generation of H-series superchargers ... HH112 & HH122 are in production for the GTO now. The performance advantages over the M-series are considerable. We will post independant results within the next couple of weeks (as our customers send us their dyno sheets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by moregrip...

Harrop may very well be testing the TVS, I just haven't seen it or heard about it. I agree the pic of the TVS case displayed at Magnusons booth @ SEMA looks similar to Harrops current production stuff

We have been manufacturing TVS-series superchargers for a while now, but for OEM'ish companies. We have commenced design of a TVS2300 kit to suit the GTO using our generic TVS2300 supercharger. It will not be available until mid next year as we do a lot of durability testing before releasing new products. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get the 1000 hour test to take less than 1000 hours!

The performance of the TVS2300 is quite remarkable. It is spectacular!
I sincerely believe there will be a lot of twin-screw & turbo guys scratching their heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicwedgy...

ok so im kinda lost here, are we going to be seeing an affordable screw type charger or should i keep saving for a maggie?

The TVS is not a twin-screw ... it is not a compressor. It is still an "air pump", just a VERY efficent one.
The cost of manufacturing the TVS superchargers is definately higher than making M or H series, but still lots less than twin-screws. (We make them all).

Exciting times ahead ...
Old 01-16-2007, 10:16 PM

So how about some more info for the system for our cars?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 PM

It was stated in the link that it is still an air mover, not a compressor. In other words it will still create IC over loading temps just like out M62 does in high boost. It will just be able to do it while robbing less power, or so they say. Higher boost with lower discharge temps requires a compressor, in other words internal compression like a twin screw or centrifugal.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:58 PM

The one thats the right size isn't out yet. The R900 is too small IMO (smaller than the M62). I wouldn't put it on mine, I'd wait for the R1050. Or just throw a twin screw on it.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
It was stated in the link that it is still an air mover, not a compressor. In other words it will still create IC over loading temps just like out M62 does in high boost. It will just be able to do it while robbing less power, or so they say. Higher boost with lower discharge temps requires a compressor, in other words internal compression like a twin screw or centrifugal.

Umm.. do you know how to read supercharger maps?

the isentropic (thermal) efficiency map shows the outlet temperature in a % of how close it comes to ideal. compare it to a screw compressor map, and you'll find that the outlet temps are acutally lower on the TVS even at high boost.

isentropic effiency = (Inlet T * (PR^0.286) - Inlet T)/(Outlet T - Inlet T)

Therefore your ideal outlet temperature would be

Ideal outlet T = Inlet T * (PR^0.286)

-just note that temperatures have to be in absolute units (rankine or kelvin)
Old 01-16-2007, 11:43 PM

From what I have read, I find that very difficult to believe.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:21 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
interesting
Old 02-10-2007, 10:27 AM

i just want something to come out and someone to try it. i aint in the market at the moment what with the house n all but when my warrenty runs dry i will say hello to more power
Old 02-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
warranty? whats a warranty? .... screw GM and their shitty excuses for not fixing ****...
Old 02-10-2007, 02:23 PM

What have you read? Kenne bell's or Stiegimeires website?.. hahahah
Old 02-10-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
warranty? whats a warranty? .... screw GM and their shitty excuses for not fixing ****...
wish I could feel the same but I have never had an issue with warrenty fixes
Old 02-11-2007, 12:37 AM

Such a sceptic. Why don't you install one on your car and see?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:20 AM

lol i went in to see if i could do my hvac control mod today and he said it probably would work but it would be a pita because everything would have to be exact and if i were to attemt anything liek that a good chace my warrenty would be fucked...
Old 02-11-2007, 07:16 AM

did anyone watch that eaton video? http://www.eatonperformance.com/supe...ideo-clip.html
that sure looks like a 2.0L to me.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:38 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
**** mine was voided because of the exhaust on my car.... lol... but I don't care I do my own work anyway, and it just made me want to rip the whole car apart now... which will be done soon.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:42 AM

lol they cant void your warrenty for exhaust... for the warrenty to be void they must prove the "mod" caused the problem. Only thing exhaust can do is make your car faster or slower... maybe a little more wear in extreme conditions. But me messing with the wiring of the car has a big impact so im sorta unsure if i want to keep on or not
Old 02-11-2007, 12:14 PM

**** mine was voided because of the exhaust on my car.... lol... but I don't care I do my own work anyway, and it just made me want to rip the whole car apart now... which will be done soon.
I have a form sitting on my desk to trade in my warrenty. Figured I'd void it myself before the stealership did
Old 02-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by TVS_SS
What have you read? Kenne bell's or Stiegimeires website?.. hahahah
No, I try not to fall into believing what companies claim about thier own products. It's always got a cathc tomakethem look better that theyreally are. I got my info a few different books on forced induction applications that state that the internal compression of the twin screw provide efficiency bennefits over the roots design.

When I see the application of the TVS out performing the twin screw I will beleive it, assuming the test wasn't set up by either one of the companies that made the superchargers. Not just some charts that come from the manufacturer.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:46 AM

Talking HTV1320 Upgrade for M62

This is certainly an interesting thread ... and one that I can shed some light on. My name is Ken Nunn & I am the General Manager of Harrop Engineering in Australia.

We manufacture superchargers - both twin-screw and Roots. We have been doing so for many years, and can say with a lot of confidence that the TVS-based supercharger is very impressive. We build TVS-based products for two OE-ish companies: TRD & Roush. Before choosing the TVS units, both companies did extensive & independant back-to-back testing which resulted in both companies being convinced that the new TVS-technology was worth the extra expense.
In the TRD test which I observed, the TVS1320 produced more boost at a lower temperature with less input power required (parasitic loss) than both the 1200 twin-screw and the Eaton 5th-gen M90. It was also quieter.

We have just completed the tooling for our generic TVS-based range of superchargers. The initial release is know as the HTV range (Harrop Twin Vorticies as TVS is an Eaton-specific trade-name (for Twin Vortices System)). It includes the HTV1320, HTV1900, HTV2300. All are availble in a range of mounting options and input-shaft lengths. We use the HTV2300 on Chev LS1/2/6/7 & L76/92/98 engines. The HTV2300 can support 1000+ HP on an LS7 ... as done by GM-Performance/TA-Engines in a Solstice!

Also ... and the reason I have joined this forum ... is that we are currently completing the design of a HTV1320 bolt-on upgrade to replace the old M62. We have no intention of doing a "complete kit" (we will leave that to your local experts). Our solution is an HTV1320 supercharger that is a direct bolt-on replacement for the Cobalt SS M62. It has a pulley supplied on a hub for easy changing, and has the OE integral bypass assembly included.

It is our intention to have durabilty testing completed by Christmas, and the production release available in January. We are not a sponsor, so it would not be appropriate for me to indicate pricing or distribution ... but you guys can always make suggestions
Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 AM

I want a htv1320 this sound sweet
Old 11-06-2007, 03:33 AM

ooo sounds pimp
Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 AM

Subscribed for news on the HTV1320!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:14 AM

This for sure are great news
Old 11-06-2007, 09:21 AM

very interesting update
Old 11-06-2007, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been waiting for info like this for a very long time. Seeing as my goals are only 300whp for a daily driver, upgrading the blower and cooling mods are all that I need to reach that point. I've really been wanting to just get a TVS (HTV) but knew you guys would take forever due to the durability testing that is required. Please keep us updated reagarding your progress and the availability of the 1320 unit to us US folks. All I need is the blower with the correct length shaft and I can finish the rest. It would be nice to have it bolt up to our current Lower Intake Manifold, but I guess that's just day dreaming right there. What size pulley will the initial unit come w/? Will it be a press on from you guys leaving us to get bolt hubs for upgraded pulleys? Let us know! Thanks...

Sorry, just noticed the pulley bolted to the hub for easy changing part. That's awesome. Nate should be able to fab us up some smaller pullies for the guys looking to make over 300whp. I'm guessing that even I'll have to swap down a little bit to make power over the setup I have now...

Last edited by Edubs; 11-20-2007 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: More interesting information on Eaton's new SC