Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/forced-induction-50/)
-   -   Where in NJ can I have my turbo kit installed? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/forced-induction-50/where-nj-can-i-have-my-turbo-kit-installed-173081/)

Balt36 05-27-2009 07:21 PM

Where in NJ can I have my turbo kit installed?

Hey...I am going to order the garrett kit for my 2.2 cobalt and go with a trifecta tune. Where in NJ can i get my turbo installed? I was going to do it myself but i don't have the tools to tap my motor. Or if anyone wants help me install it in the NJ area. i would appreciate it. Thanks

this should have prob went in the region forum? hmmmm bump

damien 05-27-2009 07:54 PM

DON'T go to tune time performance, that is all.

Black08SSTC 05-27-2009 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by damien (Post 3919957)
DON'T go to tune time performance, that is all.

why not?

riko540 05-27-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Black08SSTC (Post 3919984)
why not?

x2 I'm kinda curious.

CobaltSS 16 05-27-2009 08:11 PM

curious too

steddy2112 05-27-2009 08:18 PM

+6510654

Plus they are a vendor here I am waiting for a :ban: to come

damien 05-27-2009 08:26 PM

hmmm lets start.

I personally know 5 or so cars that blew within weeks of getting tuned. My tune absolutely sucks dick(from day 1). He doesn't street tune, he doesn't do any partial throttle tuning, just flat out PE WOT tuning. Every single person that I know of locally hates his work.

You guys don't live local and hear about half the shit that comes from there.

Maven 05-27-2009 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Balt36 (Post 3919545)
Hey...I am going to order the garrett kit for my 2.2 cobalt and go with a trifecta tune. Where in NJ can i get my turbo installed? I was going to do it myself but i don't have the tools to tap my motor. Or if anyone wants help me install it in the NJ area. i would appreciate it. Thanks

this should have prob went in the region forum? hmmmm bump

I can do it, but Ill need to know exactly what youre installing so the shop can work up a price. Which tip of jersey are you on?

steddy2112 05-27-2009 08:32 PM

Matt turns the wick up on his tunes, so people who beat their car 24/7 are gonna blow up. There are general understandings of what you can do and what you can't do once your tuned.

Anytime you push something harder than stock then you are at risk. I have never ran any of his tunes, but I know he knows his shit.

Balt36 05-27-2009 08:40 PM

thanks...i plan on going with trifecta...just nned some help installing the turbo

damien 05-27-2009 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112 (Post 3920106)
Matt turns the wick up on his tunes, so people who beat their car 24/7 are gonna blow up. There are general understandings of what you can do and what you can't do once your tuned.

Anytime you push something harder than stock then you are at risk. I have never ran any of his tunes, but I know he knows his shit.

Yea, so me doing a few pulls here and there, then one night it magically kills 2 pistons on a single 40-115 pull...Right

How about my terrible idle surge, or my 180miles per tank, not hitting boost? Or my "tuned" car running slower than stock? Wait, what about the LNF car that he has pushing 25psi that started pushing coolant and he had to "back off" the tune. There's a bunch more that goes on out here that you guys don't know about.

Come on sted, you know who I am. I supported Matt time and time again, but after actually seeing my tune on a laptop compared to others, and the simple way that my car runs, I'm just giving my experiences.

steddy2112 05-27-2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by damien (Post 3920212)
Yea, so me doing a few pulls here and there, then one night it magically kills 2 pistons on a single 40-115 pull...Right

How about my terrible idle surge, or my 180miles per tank, not hitting boost? Or my "tuned" car running slower than stock? Wait, what about the LNF car that he has pushing 25psi that started pushing coolant and he had to "back off" the tune. There's a bunch more that goes on out here that you guys don't know about.

Come on sted, you know who I am. I supported Matt time and time again, but after actually seeing my tune on a laptop compared to others, and the simple way that my car runs, I'm just giving my experiences.

I know you?

:lol:

The only Damien I know is a short little guy who can sing his ass off and would happen to be one of the funniest guys I've ever met.

Hey if you have had shit experiences than that's on you, putting a kit on is something within their shop's means.

damien 05-27-2009 09:46 PM

Yea, you know that slow orange car from up around the shop's area. I happen to be a short little guy, but can't sing :lol:

Matt is a smart guy, does indeed know his stuff. But when it comes to tuning cobalts, imo there is better.

Balt36 05-31-2009 02:46 PM

bumppppp

chevysalesman614 05-31-2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by damien (Post 3920212)

whats up d? long time no see/talk.. what happened? last time i checked your car was runnin fine. p.m. me a copy of the story please

Originally Posted by damien (Post 3920390)
Yea, you know that slow orange car from up around the shop's area. I happen to be a short little guy, but can't sing :lol:

Matt is a smart guy, does indeed know his stuff. But when it comes to tuning cobalts, imo there is better.

perhaps, but i dont forsee him messing up a pretty straight foreward turbo install.

are we talking new intake manifold (the right way), or like ghetto s/c makeshift manifold?

Balt36 06-04-2009 01:08 PM

bumppp