Front Page News Site Polls

Detailed Specs for 2006 Cobalt

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AutoX
so i am considering getting a cobalt and i was wondering if anyone knew when the 2006 would start hitting the dealerships? debating on getting a 2005 at reduced price(becuase of the 2006 being out) or just getting a 2006
If you are getting the SS/SC, then I doubt they are going to cut the price much, since they are rare. If it is any other model, then they probably will cut the price.

I think they are going to be all 2006 from June-July on. Not sure exactly when the 06's hit the dealers though.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The information provided on this board suggests 2006 production will not start until July 17th I believe. So, I wouldn't expect to see a 2006 at dealers any earlier than August.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:02 PM

man, I was hoping for a majestic Amethyst SS/SC.....You think GM will still make one for me at a extra price?
Old 05-29-2005, 11:50 AM

Good info! Does anyone know what the price will be on the SS non-s/c? I'm going to get my Cobalt next weekend and was wondering if I should hold off on it. That sucks that they're getting rid of the Arrival Blue. It just so happens that was the color I'm getting mine in. Any pics of the Laser Blue?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:17 PM

second that, I want to see real world picture of "Laser Blue Metallic"

since the dealers anywhere near me all seem to not be able to order any 05 Cobalts anymore, I was looking to get an 06
The only color I liked on the 05 is the Arrival Blue
and on the GM site all the " Laser Blue Metallic" cars I could spot ( Monte Carlo, Impala) seem to be boring looking blue color

So I really want to find some good "real world" photos of a car in this Laser Blue Metallic, I'd really rather not buy my Cobalt and be wanting to re-paint it as soon as I've got it...

(I remember when they first were showing the Cobalt on the GM site, the Arrival Blue pics there didnt match the real world pictures I saw on here)
Old 05-29-2005, 08:16 PM

Here's a small pic of a Laser Blue SUV. Arrival Blue will still be available for the early '06 orders. It doesn't get discontinued until the fall.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there any disadvantages or problems we should be aware of knowingly ordering a paint that will be discontinued soon?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:17 AM

Odered An 06 SS today!

Yes, that's right, today is the first day that chevy is taking orders for the 06 model. I was going to buy the 05 ss, but when I discovered the differential wasn't as advertised, I decided to wait. I have a conection at the dealership, which enabled me to push my order to first priority. Ohh man I can't wait!! Finally I will get the entire package that I expected in the first place. Should be around 6 to 8 weeks before I get my hands on the car, but I don't care about the wait. The local dealership offers a thousand dollar discount if I pay for my car as soon as the vin number is available, which should be next week sometime. This is great news, so anyone who is interested in an 06, ask your dealer about the discount offered to those who pay in advance. Hopefully we can all reap the benefits of the deal, not just me.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:28 PM

Do any of you have any idea when it will be released? A good guesstimate like in the 2-3 month range of when u think?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:28 AM

cobalt release date

The 06 Cobalt is due for release in late june, or early july. This has been one hell of an ordeal! these new 06 ss Cobalts are very hard to get. When my order went through, GM accepted it, but they didn't start building right away. They wanted the owner of the chevy dealership to order TWENTY regular Cobalts in order to build the ss! GM is hurting very badly on the financial end of things as some of you know, but these kind of tactics are flat out wrong! After two days of arguing with people at the factory, the GM rep was able to get my car pushed to the top of the build pile, and avoided the ordering of twenty Cobalts. GM stated to my connection that they will not allow any dealer mark-ups on cobalts besides the ss because of the huge blow they have taken over the last few years. This is very good news for consumers such as ourselves, so expect the 06 Cobalts to be priced at rock bottom. In the end, I was told that I will recieve my 06 SS in the middle of july, which is roughly six weeks. I will be one of the first to have the short shifter and limited slip differential and I can't wait. I would love to hear any similar stories some of you might have about attempting to order an 06. Surely I'm not the only one! The ss is harder to get than the new corvette was when it was released. Mind blowing!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:27 AM

Not to nitpick, but are you getting an 06 2.4L SS or a 2.0L SS/SC? Or are the 06 SS/SC 2.2L?

God I really hate this naming scheme..
Old 06-04-2005, 12:32 PM

06 Cobalt

I will be getting the 2.0 since it will be the fastest production car. although the SS that isn't supercharged will have 170 hp and will be available in four door, which will have a certain amount of appeal for some, does nothing for me. I want the coupe and I want the fastest model available. The 2.0 is the only engine that is factory made with a supercharger.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by FunCrusher
The 06 Cobalt is due for release in late june, or early july. This has been one hell of an ordeal! these new 06 ss Cobalts are very hard to get. When my order went through, GM accepted it, but they didn't start building right away.
They havent started to build 06' models yet.... the date is set for the middle of this month

They wanted the owner of the chevy dealership to order TWENTY regular Cobalts in order to build the ss! GM is hurting very badly on the financial end of things as some of you know, but these kind of tactics are flat out wrong! After two days of arguing with people at the factory, the GM rep was able to get my car pushed to the top of the build pile, and avoided the ordering of twenty Cobalts.
Not possible, a dealer is not forced to order more of the same model year in order to get an allocation for a car rather they go by how many you sold the previous model year.

GM stated to my connection that they will not allow any dealer mark-ups on cobalts besides the ss because of the huge blow they have taken over the last few years. This is very good news for consumers such as ourselves, so expect the 06 Cobalts to be priced at rock bottom. In the end, I was told that I will recieve my 06 SS in the middle of july, which is roughly six weeks.
Hopefully this isnt your dad like you used in another post to say that NO g85 ss's were built in 05' if its that source than we know its wrong.

I will be one of the first to have the short shifter and limited slip differential and I can't wait. I would love to hear any similar stories some of you might have about attempting to order an 06. Surely I'm not the only one! The ss is harder to get than the new corvette was when it was released. Mind blowing!
There it is again with the LSD crap... your basically goign to **** off members on this board that have G85 with the LSD. You will not be the first with a short shifter they ALL have it. Adn also you will not be the first with an LSD. PLEASEEEE stop the lies
Old 06-04-2005, 01:02 PM

God, you have a lot to learn about the car business. In most cases you would be right about the number of cars that had to be ordered, but not this time. Once again, I DO NOT DEAL with sales people, I deal with the factory. The GM factory did attempt to make the dealership I'm going through order twenty regular cobalts along with the SS, but because of my connection this was pushed aside and my order went through. Here is my order

5-23 Preliminary order Accepted
5-23 Preliminary order added
5-24 order Re-edited
5-31 Accepted by GM
5-31 Order preferenced
6-1 Accepted by production control
Old 06-04-2005, 01:06 PM

My uncle has owned 2 dealerships and now manages 4..... what else do I need to know your wrong about having to roder 20 and your really wrong about the LSD... why dont you explain how people on here have 05' cobalts with LSD?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:19 PM

I have an inside connection, and if you know how the car business works, allocation can be thrown out of the window if you have enough pull, which I do. Now, about the differential. Now, I will admit that I did make a mistake about the differential. When I attempted to place my order, I was told that I could not order an 05 with the differential. I called back the rep to ask if I had misunderstood about the availability of the differential, and I did. There were some built, but they have not been available to order for the last few months. I misunderstood, so I apologize. I thought he meant that they weren't any built at all. In the end, regardless of my mistake, 580 cobalts were built over the PAST WEEK, so you don't know a damn thing about production dates!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 01:25 PM

yes maybe 580 2005 cobalts production for 05' doesnt stop until the 17th.... and you just now admitted to being wrong about the G85 yet you say you called your rep and double checked like you did it a month ago... its Sat by the way mind givin me the office's weekend number?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:34 PM

The weekend number? I know the GM rep personally. Just because he told me that 580 cobalts were built over the past week does not mean that he got this information today. Yesterday was Friday, or have you forgotten?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:35 PM

The weekend number? I know the GM rep personally. Just because he told me that 580 cobalts were built over the past week does not mean that he got this information today. Yesterday was Friday, or have you forgotten?
Chill bro and I asked you how you just realized you were wrong about the G85, not the number built, though I'd like to know how thats possible that GM stopped builing the 05's 15 days early and started the 06's that much already
Old 06-04-2005, 01:38 PM

Dont take it personally either but i'm pissed off becuase one of the 2 things you claimed was already found out to be wrong and now we get to see if theres any truth behing the 06's being built.

I just think its ashame you came on here and destroyed one of the best threads with 06' info by putting out false info on the 05'
Old 06-04-2005, 01:39 PM

When I attempted to place my order for an 05 about two months ago, I was told the differential was not available for order until 06. I assumed that they had not been built for the 05, but what I did was misunderstand, and I do apologize for writing that none of them were built. I should have double checked with the rep, but I didn't, and I was wrong for doing so.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:48 PM

Just for that I hope my 06' comes before yours.... also please cough up an order # this way we can make sure your not totally full of BS.... this would help you out a lot after a bad start here...

a lot of people claim to have insider friends... if you cant even get us an order number then I think some people wont belive you at all.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:02 AM

?

im a little slow but bare with me the ss trim will have the avalible auto or manual trans but will the SS Supercharged have both options?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:45 AM

'05 to '06 SS/SC differences?

Could someone post the actual differences between the 05 to 06 SS/SC?
I know the diff is different, but what about susp, shifter, and ???
Doesn't the '05 already have short shifter?
Is the '05 SS/SC suspension what they are calling the 'performance' susp on '06 or is it the same as the 'sport' susp on '06 non-sc? Or somewhere inbetween?
Thanks
Old 06-05-2005, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by soad
im a little slow but bare with me the ss trim will have the avalible auto or manual trans but will the SS Supercharged have both options?
No the SS/SC will still only be offered with a manual.

Quick Reply: Detailed Specs for 2006 Cobalt