Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by espo19047
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 1758 kg (3876 lb) Order Number : HPTRJC
Dear God I hope thats wrong...
Old 02-25-2005, 12:33 PM

^^i think that means the vehicle MAX weight...like, how much it can hold...it goes on that little sticker on the inside of the door...
Old 02-25-2005, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dman
^^i think that means the vehicle MAX weight...like, how much it can hold...it goes on that little sticker on the inside of the door...
Exactly. That is how much weight the chassis can handle. So you, your ****, fuel, friends, etc, better not exceed that.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by MikeSS
So you, your ****, fuel, friends, etc, better not exceed that.

Old 02-25-2005, 03:13 PM

To all my Canadian friends

OK, I finally heard back from GM. I was told the Limited Slip Diff/Recaro seat package is code W2E, and its called the Recaro Performance Package. The GM rep told me this is a new package and the dealers won't see it in their systems, but it is available.

I didn't get a quote on the price, my dealer is looking into that for me right now. Also worth noting, the GM rep told me Cobalt production for the 05 model year is almost over, which seemed kind of odd to me considering SS production only started a week or so ago. She said I might be better off waiting for an '06 model. With my lease being up in July, that's probably not going to work for me Anyway, hopefully they'll be able to add it to my order
Old 02-25-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by PygmySurfer
OK, I finally heard back from GM. I was told the Limited Slip Diff/Recaro seat package is code W2E, and its called the Recaro Performance Package. The GM rep told me this is a new package and the dealers won't see it in their systems, but it is available.

I didn't get a quote on the price, my dealer is looking into that for me right now. Also worth noting, the GM rep told me Cobalt production for the 05 model year is almost over, which seemed kind of odd to me considering SS production only started a week or so ago. She said I might be better off waiting for an '06 model. With my lease being up in July, that's probably not going to work for me Anyway, hopefully they'll be able to add it to my order
OK, now I have bad news. My dealer phoned Oshawa for pricing info, and he was told the package isn't available in Canada for '05. Even worse, he said there's currently only 400 and some odd SS models slated to be built for Canada, and there's already 700+ orders in the system. He can't even guarantee I'll get one. He was also unable to obtain pricing info for that option for the '06 model year.

As for that little bit about end of production, he said it sounds like production will end in June, they'll get a week off, and start on '06 models in July.

I'm having him call the rep I spoke with at GM now to clear some things up.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:03 PM

OK, now I have bad news. My dealer phoned Oshawa for pricing info, and he was told the package isn't available in Canada for '05. Even worse, he said there's currently only 400 and some odd SS models slated to be built for Canada, and there's already 700+ orders in the system. He can't even guarantee I'll get one. He was also unable to obtain pricing info for that option for the '06 model year.

As for that little bit about end of production, he said it sounds like production will end in June, they'll get a week off, and start on '06 models in July.

I'm having him call the rep I spoke with at GM now to clear some things up.

Sounds like they are feeding you the lines...sorry but I have never heard of a entry level Gm car with this kind of lack of supply and supposedly so much demand...99% percent of the time they have so many sitting on the lots that the dealer practically throws the car at you...dont listen to dealers...there just trying to create hype about the car so when amazingly they are able to get you one your more than willing to pay full price
Old 02-25-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltchris
I just took a look at the REAL Invoice for the car going to Bowling Green (as I FIRST TOLD YOU) and 91U is Arrivale Blue:

2005 COBALT 2-DR SUPERCHARGED COUPE CHEVROLET MOTOR DIVISION
91U ARRIVAL BLUE METALLIC /L4G GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION
195 EBONY LEATHER, BLUE INSERT 100 RENAISSANCE CENTER
ORDER NO. HPTRJC/TRE STOCK NO. DETROIT MI 48243-1114
VIN 1G1 AP12 P9 57566715 VEHICLE INVOICE 1AD6XXXXXX

So I don't know what you all cut-and-pasted.

In my area, we have about 14 Chevy dealers within 20 miles, including the #1 Chevy Dealer in the Country, so for us, building value is no problem, we sell more Chevy's in our area than any other area in the USA, but we have to compete and sell at, near or under invoice with the In-The-Driveway program where I usually put all my customers, and that is to give them GM Supplier pricing (usually under invoice), simply becuase it get's them the best deal, and puts $150 flat commisions in my pocket versus the $75 and $100 Mini Deals everyone else gets.
Cobalt Chris,
Go to GMVIS and look at the build....That is what I cut and pasted..Please understand I have access to everything you do..
Old 02-25-2005, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by rxxxryan
Sounds like they are feeding you the lines...sorry but I have never heard of a entry level Gm car with this kind of lack of supply and supposedly so much demand...99% percent of the time they have so many sitting on the lots that the dealer practically throws the car at you...dont listen to dealers...there just trying to create hype about the car so when amazingly they are able to get you one your more than willing to pay full price
Maybe, but what's the point in trying to create demand with me? I've already ordered, and I've already priced it out. I'm pretty much paying MSRP minus employee discount.

Remember also this isn't an entry level car. We're talking the SS, not the whole Cobalt line. I can see GM having a bunch of regular Cobalts on the lot, but the SS is almost a whole different car, really.

They'd better have it though. My lease is up in July, and I don't really think there's much else that appeals to me. I was initially thinking about the G6, but when I started to give the Cobalt a chance, it really caught my attention. Maybe they should give me a Saab 9-3 if they can't meet demand
Old 02-26-2005, 01:02 PM

Maybe, but what's the point in trying to create demand with me? I've already ordered, and I've already priced it out. I'm pretty much paying MSRP minus employee discount.

Remember also this isn't an entry level car. We're talking the SS, not the whole Cobalt line. I can see GM having a bunch of regular Cobalts on the lot, but the SS is almost a whole different car, really.

They'd better have it though. My lease is up in July, and I don't really think there's much else that appeals to me. I was initially thinking about the G6, but when I started to give the Cobalt a chance, it really caught my attention. Maybe they should give me a Saab 9-3 if they can't meet demand

...I would never pay msrp for a new car...especially not an entry levl car...ya ya I know its the SS but you have to remember its just a nicer looking version of the saturn ion redline...which hasnt exactly been flying off the shelves...remember this car is not a corvette z06
Old 02-26-2005, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by rxxxryan
...I would never pay msrp for a new car...especially not an entry levl car...ya ya I know its the SS but you have to remember its just a nicer looking version of the saturn ion redline...which hasnt exactly been flying off the shelves...remember this car is not a corvette z06
Well, I'm also leasing, so I'm not exactly paying MSRP.. I don't think there's as much room to fanagle over price as there would be were I purchasing.. and the employee discount knocks about 3 grand off, so I'm pretty happy with what I'd be paying.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:20 PM

F*** Yes! I called back the dealer today and they have the car in the showroom. I'm taking my camera, and I'll take 10000 pictures if they let me. Booyah. They will be up tonight. w00t.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Vendian
F*** Yes! I called back the dealer today and they have the car in the showroom. I'm taking my camera, and I'll take 10000 pictures if they let me. Booyah. They will be up tonight. w00t.

go Vendian go !
Old 02-26-2005, 11:23 PM

i also live here in phx az area. a friends brother told me they had one a few weeks ago and i was like no way man there not made yet. guess i will bemaking a trip to the dealership in the morning to look at it. i will take some pics too and post them up here