General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

angry at my Balt!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry angry at my Balt!

I'm starting to get pissed off at my car! My 07 has less than 12K miles on it and the CEL has appeared once again while driving home from Chi-town.
This is the third time! Most people say "oh.. don't worry, it has warranty", but I'm getting freakin tired of having it get taken to the dealer many times. That's why I bought I damn brand new car so I don't have to deal with mechanical problems and ****. Trips to the dealer are as follows:

1st CEL - Clogged injectors>cleaned
2nd CEL- Clogged injectors (again)> replaced
Air Bag light On- A bad connection under the seat or some ****> adjusted, cleared codes
3rd CEL - UNKNOWN (gotta wait till monday to find out)> this after the Air Bag light fixed two days ago

WTF is wrong with these cars!? Has anybody else had many CEL's on? (not caused by mods).
I sometimes think of trading it in for another car. Im just expressing my anger, this just gets me frustrated. Im going to sleep now! Good night!

Last edited by drop-n-destroy; 07-27-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:56 AM

I've never had one and I have an Intake but never got a CEL... Bad luck dude
Old 07-27-2008, 02:59 AM

lemon law...
Old 07-27-2008, 03:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drop-n-destroy
I'm starting to get pissed off at my car! My 07 has less than 12K on it and the CEL has appeared once again while driving home from Chi-town.
This is the third time! Most people say "oh.. don't worry, it has warranty", but I'm getting freakin tired of having it get taken to the dealer many times. That's why I bought I damn brand new car so I don't have to deal with mechanical problems and ****. Trips to the dealer are as follows:

Air Bag light On- A bad connection under the seat or some ****
3rd CEL - UNKNOWN (gotta wait till monday to find out)

WTF is wrong with these cars!? Has anybody else had many CEL's on? (not caused by mods).
I sometimes think of trading it in for another car. Im just expressing my anger, this just gets me frustrated. Im going to sleep now! Good night!
For the injectors... possibly a bad fuel filter?

For the airbag light... its a common occurance due to the fact that the connectors are out in the open and are easy to damage if something gets under the seat (I've already had to resolder my seatbelt nag light due to something under the seat.)
Old 07-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Diplomat
I've never had one and I have an Intake but never got a CEL... Bad luck dude
Yeah.. I've read that CEL comes on after a new intake installation. But I also had one installed months ago and the CEL should've come on after installation, so I don't think is the intake the cause.

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
lemon law...
I beleive can't get into the lemon law thing. It has to be before 12K mi or 12 months (whichever comes first) after the purchase

Last edited by drop-n-destroy; 07-27-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2008, 12:58 PM

I have had no mechnical issues.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:00 PM

My CEL just came on second time since ive owned the car... it happen about 3 months ago it ended pu being thr gas cap or somethin it said.. and it just came on again for the second time a cuple of days ago im gettin it check out tommorow
Old 07-27-2008, 01:17 PM

don't feel bad dude i haven't had my car for less them 5 months and i have to replace my clutch i have only put 11,xxx miles on it
Old 07-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Banned

hey man i dont live 2 far from u and have some dynamite................
Old 07-27-2008, 01:24 PM

i think the lemon law is a dumb ass rumor anyway. have you ever seen anyone that accauly got a new car from it? they just fix the pos cobalts there is always some reason why it doesnt qualify under the lemon law. as for the cel's yes my 07 always has them and its getting OLD...
Old 07-27-2008, 01:27 PM

The CEL in my sisters '95 Cavi is the same way. It was bought brand new and since then you can just be driving along in it and the CEL will come on. Other days it comes on as soon as you start the motor. It's been checked out and "fixed" but still does it. Thirteen years later and it's still kickin' though!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bad05SS
don't feel bad dude i haven't had my car for less them 5 months and i have to replace my clutch i have only put 11,xxx miles on it
that's not the clutchs fault.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:42 PM

I've never had CEL's. my car has over 17k miles and is modified

the only major problems I've had were 2 new sunroofs and a timing chain tensioner going bad
Old 07-27-2008, 01:45 PM

I've never had a single CEL on my G5. I've had it since May '07. If you keep getting a clogged injector CEL, then I would assume it's something with your fuel filter or the gas you're putting in the tank.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:54 PM

I'm starting to get pissed off at my car! My 07 has less than 12K miles on it and the CEL has appeared once again while driving home from Chi-town.

Air Bag light On- A bad connection under the seat or some ****> adjusted, cleared codes
3rd CEL - UNKNOWN (gotta wait till monday to find out)> this after the Air Bag light fixed two days ago
Use quality fuels; if you use discount garbage gas your valves will build up sludge and rob your engine of horsepower and performance. I always fill up with Shell gasoline, they have a higher quality among all grades of fuel. They are certified as a Top Tier Fuel station, which means their fuel has detergent in it that cleans your engine well. Top Tier gas is the standard in gasoline performance and is recommended by BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen and Audi. I use Shell regular 87 octane with no problems.

Your injectors could be getting clogged by low quality gasoline. Do you fill up at the same gas station most of the time? Such as the corner station near your home or work? That could be the culprit. There was a gas station near my high school years ago that actually watered down the gasoline and people started noticing they were getting much lower fuel economy than they should be and some people had engine knock. That gas station no longer exists needless to say; I hope they went to jail for ripping off consumers and causing damage to a countless number vehicles.

Start buying your gas at Shell or these other fine Top Tier Gasoline retailers. I'm sure you have at least one of them in your area.

QuikTrip
Chevron
Texaco
MFA Oil Co.
Conoco
Phillips 66
Entec Stations
Shell
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Turkey Hill Minit Markets
Mileage Stations
Chevron Canada
Shell Canada
Petro-Canada
Sunoco Canada
Old 07-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned

surprised racetrack isn't on there.

anyway i only fill up QT
Old 07-27-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Altiery54
hey man i dont live 2 far from u and have some dynamite................
mmmm... interesting. Insurance money!

Originally Posted by aterminatorz
Use quality fuels; if you use discount garbage gas your valves will build up sludge and rob your engine of horsepower and performance. I always fill up with Shell gasoline, they have a higher quality among all grades of fuel. They are certified as a Top Tier Fuel station, which means their fuel has detergent in it that cleans your engine well. Top Tier gas is the standard in gasoline performance and is recommended by BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen and Audi. I use Shell regular 87 octane with no problems.

Your injectors could be getting clogged by low quality gasoline. Do you fill up at the same gas station most of the time? Such as the corner station near your home or work? That could be the culprit. There was a gas station near my high school years ago that actually watered down the gasoline and people started noticing they were getting much lower fuel economy than they should be and some people had engine knock. That gas station no longer exists needless to say; I hope they went to jail for ripping off consumers and causing damage to a countless number vehicles.

Start buying your gas at Shell or these other fine Top Tier Gasoline retailers. I'm sure you have at least one of them in your area.

QuikTrip
Chevron
Texaco
MFA Oil Co.
Conoco
Phillips 66
Entec Stations
Shell
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Turkey Hill Minit Markets
Mileage Stations
Chevron Canada
Shell Canada
Petro-Canada
Sunoco Canada

I've ALWAYS used premium. Since day one. And I always go to either Shell or BP gas stations. I never go to the cheap "Fuel King" gat station, so I don't think its a fuel problem. Last fill ups were at a new Shell they just opened here.

Last edited by drop-n-destroy; 07-27-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
lemon law...
hell yeah if its been to the dealer more then 3 time within the year its a possibilty
Old 07-27-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by KillerBee
hell yeah if its been to the dealer more then 3 time within the year its a possibilty
Even if its possible I can't. Illinois states that if a vehicle is considered a lemon it has to be before 12K miles or 12 months (whiever comes first) after the purchase, I've had the car for 14 months
Old 07-27-2008, 02:12 PM

I have had mine for over 2 years now going on 3 and not one single problem. And I stress that engine alot too. Every company has their bad cars. My friend had a 2007 Honda Civic Si and anything that you can possibly think of that can go wrong with a car, it has happened to that car and now he is so pissed about buying and he hates honda now lol.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:25 PM

in texas it has to be the same problem 3 times in a year
Old 07-27-2008, 05:32 PM

I toasted my clutch and starter within 5k miles in my car...but that was my fault. For the most part these cars are pretty tough with the exception of the flex pipe in the downpipe. But once you change things you'll get cels.

Originally Posted by nuttzzy
in texas it has to be the same problem 3 times in a year
That's because they didn't fix the ******* problem in the first place

Last edited by theneelster; 07-27-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-28-2008, 02:32 AM

indeed. the chevy dealers here are a joke
Old 07-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Banned

most dealers are jokes. I recommend everyone gets an interceptor and will never have to go to the dealer again. You could go a step farther and get hptuners, but for most I just recommend the interceptor gauge, even if you replace your boost gauge with it. Besides, it can read boost and many many many other things.

Now I need to go for a drive and play with the interceptor lol.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:38 AM
Banned

lol, just remembering all the CED lights on my balt makes my eyes bleed.

THANK GOD I GOT A SRT!

Quick Reply: angry at my Balt!