General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Controversy over on **************

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Controversy over on **************

Was scanning the forums over there when I came across this thread, 167 Replies in in less than 24hrs, I guess the Cobalt SS is a touchy subject over there

http://www.**************/forums/showthread.php?t=158924
Old 07-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try posting the url to cobaltss.net on there, see what happens
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by JonelZ
Try posting the url to cobaltss.net on there, see what happens
that's because the admin there is an egomanic!
trust me I have dealt with him on several occasions

I personally like both cars but for all out barnstorming the SRT-4 is my choice...but then again, it is a 400hp barnstormer.....GM could only wish to do as well.....
Old 07-11-2005, 10:19 AM

ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!!!
and we thought we fought alot on here...haha
Old 07-11-2005, 10:38 AM

Wow I'm glad I'm not an SRT owner on that Site. it sound like they hate each other.
Why can't we all realize that we should be in this together to take out the imports
Old 07-11-2005, 10:39 AM

I love how childish that topic is and how easily the SRT4 members get offended.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:47 AM

HEY what are you trying to say????? j/k lol

actually most guys there are cool, but its likeanything else you drive a redline everything else sux, drive an srt same...etc its loyalty that's all....and internet pimping of their rides...
Old 07-11-2005, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by SS_SC_Cobalt
HEY what are you trying to say????? j/k lol

actually most guys there are cool, but its likeanything else you drive a redline everything else sux, drive an srt same...etc its loyalty that's all....and internet pimping of their rides...
Exactly ;D

Its a pride thing but not a gay pride thing...I hope.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:47 PM

they forgot to add the fact the the srt's quality blows
Old 07-11-2005, 02:16 PM
JCX

Originally Posted by seadea
They also forgot to add the fact that you blow and have limited clue as to what you're talking about.

If I posted a topic saying Cobalt's suck it would be the same story. A troll is a troll no matter what car he drives. Trolling forums = gay.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:21 PM

JCX your trolling seadea now
Old 07-11-2005, 02:53 PM

Cool

I like this site because we don't fight about cars we talk about them. if its faster its faster we don't say no its not bla bla bla llol

oh and we don't cry about it too.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ouchburns
I love how childish that topic is and how easily the SRT4 members get offended.

yeah lol... if someone calls my car a cavalier i could care less cause i know the dude is dumb to the fact... but lord no.. never call an srt a neon lol even though it is. you'll have half of the world in denial and they'll just start screaming about how their srt4 beat a z06 corvette when they raced all the way to 190mph lmao!!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
yeah lol... if someone calls my car a cavalier i could care less cause i know the dude is dumb to the fact... but lord no.. never call an srt a neon lol even though it is. you'll have half of the world in denial and they'll just start screaming about how their srt4 beat a z06 corvette when they raced all the way to 190mph lmao!!

bbqflavouredroflcakes
Old 07-11-2005, 05:11 PM
JCX

Originally Posted by Ouchburns
JCX your trolling seadea now
I was just simply pointing out that if I came here and started a thread saying "OMG The Slobalt SS an expensive shatmobile and the SRT-4 is teh winn4r" you guys would get angry too. What I do here is hardly reminiscent of trolling, more like letting people know when they are patently wrong.

It's pretty simple actually, I don't take my car too seriously.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCX
"OMG The Slobalt SS an expensive shatmobile and the SRT-4 is teh winn4r" you guys would get angry too.

lol you can say what you want, if i wanted to buy one of the srt4's i would have, but i bought an ss cobalt. if you wanted a cobalt, i'm sure you would've bought one.. see my point?

i don't want a $22,000 upgraded neon cause my sister had one (normal neon) for 2 weeks and it went to the shop three times, the final time for the all inclusive head gasket issue. that with the fact that i would have to go to sleep at night knowing that i had a neon sitting in my driveway isn't the way i want to live my life
Old 07-11-2005, 05:50 PM
JCX

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
lol you can say what you want, if i wanted to buy one of the srt4's i would have, but i bought an ss cobalt. if you wanted a cobalt, i'm sure you would've bought one.. see my point?

i don't want a $22,000 upgraded neon cause my sister had one (normal neon) for 2 weeks and it went to the shop three times, the final time for the all inclusive head gasket issue. that with the fact that i would have to go to sleep at night knowing that i had a neon sitting in my driveway isn't the way i want to live my life
The point is I didn't say that I wouldn't say that because I have basic level of respect for car guys. Unlike the person who started that thread on SRTforums.

What I do find funny is that you seem to think your car is beyond the category of a "Neon". It's a gussied up econobox just like mine. Did you know in Canada the Cobalt SS/SC is cheaper than the SRT-4? I don't want to get into a my cars better argument, but suffice it to say I sleep fine knowing my trouble free 99 Neon and 04 SRT-4 are outside. BTW, the Cobalt should be a better car. Remember it's brand new and my "Neon" platform has been out since 2000. Judging by the common problems you guys seem to have our cars are perhaps closer than you think.

As long as you're happy, I'm happy.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCX

As long as you're happy, I'm happy.

haha i respect that.. i was trying to get you all worked up lol

yeah cars are cars.. they all got different names but they usually do the same thing
Old 07-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Site Founder

Guy lets not step down to the level of some of those members on srtforums. Both cars are in the same category so let’s keep it clean
Old 07-11-2005, 07:02 PM

Holy cow, those guys are MORONS. I was oddly compelled to read the whole thing.

The honest, honest truth is that the Cobalt is one of the best handlng cars, period. That's not internet BS, magazine racing, or anything. It's the honest truth. Right now, our ION Red Line race car is keeping up with 330i's, Type R's, and actually beating Mini Cooper S's. That's pretty darn good, considering that the Delta cars ride so well also.

The SRT-4? It's a boat by comparison. Is it faster in a straight line? Sure. By a lot? No, not really. Then again, the SRT-4 is a DCX product, and I have 0 confidence in the quality of their product.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by seadea
Well got no squeaks or rattles in 9k miles on my sRT and my 1500 miles SS has a couple already plus other items that will need a dealers attention, dont spout off what you dont know about....
Old 07-11-2005, 07:47 PM

"they forgot to add the fact the the srt's quality blows"

i personally love the way my car looks, feels, and rides, more so then the cobalt ss. but its all matter of personal taste and what the person buying the car likes. -shrug-

but being biased against ALL members on a particulat forum, is pretty ignorant if you ask me. i personally cannot account myself on talking **** about the cobalt, redline, etc.. or any car that wasnt mine (a neon). of course, ive bashed my fair share of hon-duhs, and hyun-dais, and toy-otas, or whatever.

and what SOME of the members over at srt forums do, i see the exact same thing in this thread. you arent flat out flamming the srt owners, but you are calling them out on being immature, young, adolesant punks, who do nothing but flame on others. granted, some do, but some dont. you will see the exact thing on pretty much every car forum out there. hell, even the beretta forums talk smack on other cars.

but pretending like it doesnt occur on this site, is basically, acting better then others, and you are doing exactly what every other forum does. for the most part, this forum is pretty cool and chill, but there are a LOT more members on the srt forums, so you get a wide array of cool people, and asshats and the like. -shrug- just my .02
Old 07-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Moderator Alumni

It's the SRT-Forums and it's the war stories section. Do yourselves a favor and don't waste your time reading all the retarded posts. It's just trash talk and rude comments.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by zinner
It's the SRT-Forums and it's the war stories section. Do yourselves a favor and don't waste your time reading all the retarded posts. It's just trash talk and rude comments.
haha, true. i read the first 4 pages of the thread, and it winds up as any normal topic over in war stories. 00blackss and qwerty pissing over the net at each other. meh..there are some funny topics in there though.

im just saying, its not right to group the entire website into the "asshat" category.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:34 PM

God the inferiority complex on here is getting old fast.

Quick Reply: Controversy over on **************