General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Crazy 05 2.2 ecm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy 05 2.2 ecm?

hi everyone I'm new to this forum and did my first engine swap on my 05 (threw a rod). Well I swapped the motor and now everything is going crazy. I believe I fried my ecm (foolishly). I put the Motor in hitched up the starter only and wouldn't start dead on key power to hot post just none on switched wire while chasing it down and testing the car went crazy. Every single relay was clicking and security light along with every other dash light was going on and off. Disconnected battery held cables together. And found that relay was loose. Pluged everything up except one long black wire with ring terminal that show no voltages and another copper ring terminal that has 4 black wires on it low voltages (10.8v at full battery) with a google search it appears the low voltage wires go to the ground stud on transmission so I put it there...😔. I got the car to start but would die almost immediately. Checked fuel pressure and no pressure at rail tried to force the pump to run by jumping relay and fuse but nothing. I assumed maybe it was the security, so I disconnected battery for the night and went back to the car this morning and power reduced engine disabled no crank radio doesn't power on. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

sorry for the novel and thanks in advanced jake

update: car starts then immediately dies again no reduced power engine disabled but radio still isn't on and even with cel on reader says no dtc..

Last edited by Jakes05; 04-03-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakes05
hi everyone I'm new to this forum and did my first engine swap on my 05 (threw a rod). Well I swapped the motor and now everything is going crazy. I believe I fried my ecm (foolishly). I put the Motor in hitched up the starter only and wouldn't start dead on key power to hot post just none on switched wire while chasing it down and testing the car went crazy. Every single relay was i
clicking and security light along with every
other dash light was going on and off. Disconnected battery held cables together. And found that relay was loose. Pluged everything up except one long black wire with ring terminal that show no voltages and another copper ring terminal that has 4 black wires on it low voltages (10.8v at full battery) with a google search it appears the low voltage wires go to the ground stud on transmission so I put it there...😔. I got the car to start but would die almost immediately. Checked fuel pressure and no pressure at rail tried to force the pump to run by jumping relay and fuse but nothing. I assumed maybe it was the security, so I disconnected battery for the night and went back to the car this morning and power reduced engine disabled no crank radio doesn't power on. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

sorry for the novel and thanks in advanced jake

update: car starts then immediately dies again no reduced power engine disabled but radio still isn't on and even with cel on reader says no dtc..
Some other fun facts
with in on position scan tool says bar 28.9
rwl tps%87.1
tps B %100
accel pedal % 19.2d
e 9%
fuel sys 1 ol
fuel 2 na
map 28.9
Iat -40degrees