Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   General Cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/)
-   -   did you buy your car for performance or warranty? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/did-you-buy-your-car-performance-warranty-13048/)

ray@revitup 02-16-2006 09:37 AM

did you buy your car for performance or warranty?

the cobalt community is like a dejavu from the srt community. in every performance thread theres the will it void my warrantyquestion. honestly if warranty is a question then dont modify your car.

1.The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of the law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle maker's brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided. The law states in relevant part:

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name...” (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).

even though such acts like this exists all a dealer has to do is say you have enough parts on your car to support that you are racing the vehicle and voided anyway.

Evilfrog 02-16-2006 09:49 AM

Kinda both. The camaro is my toy. But I can just drive along in a putput car.

Then I sold the camaro. Now what?

J_Rod 02-16-2006 09:52 AM

Bought it to mod out and put all these subaru's and mitsu's in their place. I love this car

beerbaron105 02-16-2006 10:00 AM

with the number of clicks i drive a year my warranty would only last 2 years or so - if i dont go with the stage upgrades then i can wait 2 years

djt81185 02-16-2006 10:28 AM

Just because you have parts does mean you race it...I think they have to have proof of you racing...like the evo dealers going to the track and getting the vin #'s

Dan

plyboy-illest 02-16-2006 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by djt81185
Just because you have parts does mean you race it...I think they have to have proof of you racing...like the evo dealers going to the track and getting the vin #'s

Dan

i agree!

avro206 02-16-2006 10:49 AM

warranty first. Never had a brand new car and had some used ones that cost me thousaadns in repairs. Saying that I would like my 2.4L SS to be faster and keep the warranty at least for 3 years. So a CAI and GM exhaust can help.

selfinfliction 02-16-2006 11:36 AM

warranty at first... but that got shot to shit real quick lol

arsenal21 02-16-2006 11:37 AM

warranty... Until you release your stage 3 and 4 kits.... :cssNET:

victory_red_SS 02-16-2006 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
warranty at first... but that got shot to shit real quick lol

amen brother :lol: :lol: :lol:

3fo893013L 02-16-2006 12:20 PM

phuck it, you play you pay. Who buys a tuner car and DOESN'T do something to it?

That's like me paying for a hooker with big tits and not playing with them.

silverSS 02-16-2006 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
phuck it, you play you pay. Who buys a tuner car and DOESN'T do something to it?

:lol: :lol: Best analogy ever

theBLUEone 02-18-2006 01:44 PM

Performance!

p7x 02-18-2006 01:50 PM

Both!

I have talked to GM directly and my service manager and after much deliberation, I will have a written statement of approval from GM for anything that I do to my car as long as they install it. The aftermarket parts that arent of their making are obviously not warrentied but everything else is. As well this ensures that I don't encounter any problems going to any GM dealer anywhere.

Waylin22 02-18-2006 01:50 PM

performance all the way...a little show maybe

FLCobalt 02-18-2006 02:26 PM

definately performance with a bit of show!

05_Blue_B10WN_SS 02-18-2006 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky

LoL! Thats awsome man. I bought my car for performance, but i want it to be fixed if it breaks. So i got my car for both. It helps to know people that work for chevy dealerships.... They give ya the hook-up (kinda look the other-way) treatment.

zinner 02-18-2006 05:05 PM

I got my car for performance, that said I am not about to just put any part on my car to enhance performance without considering who it will affect the daily drivability.

Added a poll.

GodMachine 02-18-2006 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by J_Rod
Bought it to mod out and put all these subaru's and mitsu's in their place. I love this car

Mod list?

BlueThunder2006 02-18-2006 09:16 PM

Warranty, I suppose. I had a 12 MPG, $400-a-month truck and couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a vehicle at this point. I needed a more affordable daily driver and the Cobalt fit the bill. I could probably have gotten a used Cavalier for a lot less, but I'm no mechanic so having the warranty is helpful.

Mercury 02-18-2006 10:59 PM

I actually bought my new car for a warranty because I was tired of paying for repairs.

AnEmIc 02-18-2006 11:05 PM

I actually got the car for the styling and the performance, something that i can take pride in being this is the first car that i've modded, though the warranty helps :twothumbs

GodMachine 02-18-2006 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnEmIc
I actually got the car for the styling and the performance, something that i can take pride in being this is the first car that i've modded, though the warranty helps :twothumbs

I'm sorry, you bought a Cobalt LS for performance? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JAESS 02-18-2006 11:40 PM

just get them stage kits done. LOL I love my stage one.
Joe

AnEmIc 02-18-2006 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by GodMachine
I'm sorry, you bought a Cobalt LS for performance? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah and you point would be.....? So you are saying that only the SS/SC can only be for performance? Well if that is the case then I feel sorry for you.