Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   General Cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/)
-   -   did you buy your car for performance or warranty? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/did-you-buy-your-car-performance-warranty-13048/)

BlueThunder2006 02-19-2006 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by GodMachine
I'm sorry, you bought a Cobalt LS for performance? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you made one constructive post yet?

DC52NV 02-19-2006 12:32 AM

I'm sorry, you bought a Cobalt LS for performance? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

although the LS is not big on performance out of the box it surely has the potential in becoming a threat. please be more considerate when you post.

GodMachine 02-19-2006 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnEmIc
Yeah and you point would be.....? So you are saying that only the SS/SC can only be for performance? Well if that is the case then I feel sorry for you.

Are you kidding me? You are seriously retarded if you bought the LS for PERFORMANCE. It is an econobox commuter car w/no power at all. These are the facts.

GodMachine 02-19-2006 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
although the LS is not big on performance out of the box it surely has the potential in becoming a threat. please be more considerate when you post.

So does every car out there if you have enough $ and time, but you don't buy a Cobalt LS if your goal is performance.

Please use common sense when you post

JonyyB 02-19-2006 01:16 AM

Are you kidding me? You are seriously retarded if you bought the LS for PERFORMANCE. It is an econobox commuter car w/no power at all. These are the facts.

and

So does every car out there if you have enough $ and time, but you don't buy a Cobalt LS if your goal is performance.

Please use common sense when you post

People can spend the $ on whatever car they want, and modify whatever car they want.

If you are here for name calling and personal attacks, you are not welcome here.
Please read and follow our site rules that you have agreed to when you singed up. If you can’t follow them, you may be banned.

GodMachine 02-19-2006 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by JonyyB
and

People can spend the $ on whatever car they want, and modify whatever car they want.

Yes they can, but on the other side of that coin people can laugh at some of the cars people buy for performance. ;)

JonyyB 02-19-2006 01:22 AM

Yes they can, but on the other side of that coin people can laugh at some of the cars people buy for performance. ;)

Sure you can, but please be nice and don’t insult and attack anyone with name calling. We are all adults and car enthusiast. We can get along.

SilverSS/SC 02-19-2006 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Evilfrog
Kinda both. The camaro is my toy. But I can just drive along in a putput car.

Then I sold the camaro. Now what?

Man ....dejavu here . My SS was purchased for a fun daily driver , with niceness off a new car and warranty . I had my Trans Am as the toy . Then I sold the Trans Am to start building my Z28 , starting to realize the financially the Z is gonna take a bit longer than I expected to get done . Noooow my SS , that wasnt supposed have a single mod , is starting to not look that way :lol: My SS is leased , with what I have planned for it , Im gonna have quite the dilema when its up :guns:

SilverSS/SC 02-19-2006 01:37 AM

Look around before making ignorant comments .....please . Some of the highest power producing ecotecs are NOT based from the 2.0 supercharged engine in the SS/SC . If I was buying a Cobalt with the intent of all out performance , I would start with a good ol cheap 2.2 base coupe , fortify the bottom end , port the head , swap to Getrag trans and absolutely boost the living daylights out of it with a Turbocharger .

So yeah , the 2.2 and 2.4 guys are hardly lacking when it comes to stuff that can be done to enhance their cars .

Those are facts :poke:

cvenom2122 02-19-2006 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC
Look around before making ignorant comments .....please . Some of the highest power producing ecotecs are NOT based from the 2.0 supercharged engine in the SS/SC . If I was buying a Cobalt with the intent of all out performance , I would start with a good ol cheap 2.2 base coupe , fortify the bottom end , port the head , swap to Getrag trans and absolutely boost the living daylights out of it with a Turbocharger .

Im still looking for a white 2.2 quad coupe ion for under 10k if i find one turbo time and the RL will be my daily driver
:twothumbs