General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

fe5 one piece at a time

Old 08-21-2017, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fe5 one piece at a time

so I tried looking around and I know the suspension is compatible but what I couldn't find is if I would be able to do one piece at a time like first do the struts and springs one week then do control arms next etc (probably more than week in between)
Old 08-21-2017, 09:14 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Jacob Lee
so I tried looking around and I know the suspension is compatible but what I couldn't find is if I would be able to do one piece at a time like first do the struts and springs one week then do control arms next etc (probably more than week in between)
You can to it two pieces as a time, one on each side. I personally wouldn't recommend it though because you'll be doing the same work over again for each piece. Instead of doing so much extra work I would collect parts on the side and do it all at once. Do you plan on swapping out the front sway bar as well? You have to drop the front cradle to do that. The FE5 sway bars also have slightly different geometry and the end links are different so you will have to swap sway bar, bushings, and end links all at the same time no matter what. ALL Cobalt struts are configured the same so they can swap in at any time. I've swapped everything but the rear twisting beam so feel free to ask me specifics.

Search this Thread