General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

A Few Things: RuSSo-29

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Few Things: RuSSo-29

Well, there were a few things I wanted to post the last few days but haven't had a chance. So I figured I'd just leave it all in one thread.

1st: I got Dyno'd last weekend. I need to scan in the papers but It was up in Rockaway at Bruce's Speed shop on rt 46. $80 for 3 pulls. Awesome place, and he was willing to possibly be up for a group dyno day for the North Jerz Balts. It was a lil muggy out, but not to bad. The results....

I'm Stock

best was 226.xx Hp and 191.xx Tq. The dyno used was a dyno jet. Factory freak? or on par? Its a 2007 ss/sc.

2nd: On my way home from the dyno, I was very playful with the traffic and came upon a red mini cooper (debadged, so I donno if it was an S?) with stock rims up front and black with chrome lip on back? As I was coming he punched it and stayed pretty much on my bumper most of the time being were were dipping in and out on rt80. We were at about 100 most of the way when we just about run into the back of a State Trooper. I saw him down the road on 80 and we were about 10 sec away at our speed from being right behind him. I slowed, and gave him some hand signals, and he was like WTF? then I pointed and he saw, and gave me the thumbs up. Pulled in behind me, and got off at his exit.

3rd: Going to the track this Friday. Probably heading up to Island in Hackettstown. As far as mods go, all I have is the Ingals Tq Damper and DC strut bar. What do you guys think I'll run? I'm still getting used to launching this bad girl w/o wheel hop. p.s the damper wasn't tightened enough, so I have to do that B 4 I run. I'm going up with a 07" GTI who wants to give it a run. He's also stock. I'll be back on here to post the results, but it should be a good night.

4th: Real quick, last night I was on my way home on rt4, when I saw a silver tC. I was about 60 mph and staying with traffic, and he probably passed me at 70ish, maybe 75. I figured not long till I got home so I'd play a little bit. I caught up and passed him as we came up on traffic. I couldn't hear anything from him cuz my music was crazy load, but I saw him pull even. When traffic cleared for me, I punched it and he Followed into my lane and on my ass. We were at about 45 and heading up to the GWB (George Washington Bridge). I figured I wouldn't see him again as I was still pulling threw 3rd and outta no where, he just kind of strolls by me. I was in shock. he was OUT by the time I got into 4th and I all I could do was shake my head. Seemed stock outside besides the rear LED lights. anyway, that's about it.

Feedback welcome......
Old 05-18-2007, 10:09 AM

Lol No feed back?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:48 PM

umm all ive got for feed back is.... I lined up with a mini cooper GP. Which is a special edition and has like 215 hp.... theyre quick. as for the tc.... maybe turbo?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:05 PM

You may have been the victim of a turbo tC... a friend of mine has one.

Intercooled at 8PSI... he's pushing 240hp to the wheels. We ran on the interstate and were pretty close from 55ish to just over 100... and I'm staged. You can't really even see his intercooler the way he has it tucked up behind the front bumper... other than that and the exhaust... he looks stock.

Your HP and TQ numbers look fine for stock on a dyno jet... these cars are seriously under-rated from the factory.

Have you considered doing the airbox mod? Cheap and easy cold air... a lot better than buying a $300 intake... plus you get that beautiful whine.

Last edited by RaineMan; 05-18-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-21-2007, 09:50 AM

I put the coldair on this weekend. And yea, the wine is BAd ass.

But I didn't realize the Mini's could be up there in HP. I was was pretty impressed, but more impressed with the tC. That friggin thing made me look silly.