General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

FINALLY my Cobalt is on order!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 05:10 AM

Location: Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota (from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FINALLY my Cobalt is on order!!!

Finally my Cobalt is on order. Got an email back from the dealership back in South Dakota saying my money order finally got there. They have no idea when it will be built or delivered yet, but at least it's on order. Made my day! I'm getting a black SS S/C with the G85 and the side curtain airbags! Can't wait to find out a delivery date. Hopefully before the end of May so when I drive home to PA in June I can drive the Cobalt instead of making another cross country trip in my Jeep.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:23 AM

dude...hate to burst your bubble but i was in your EXACT situation (minus the g85) back in september...it is now march and guess what? no cobalt...not even a build date...and the G85's are apparently even harder to get made Sucks...i kno...but be patient it'll be COMPLETELY worth it in the end
Old 03-01-2006, 05:57 AM

Sucks that the SS/sc cars w/ G85 are so hard to get. It took me exactly two months (from order date to delivery) to get my 1LT with Fogs.

I feel for you man. The time between ordering and delivery is friggin' torture!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:58 AM

yeh I know it might take a long time to get it, but I can hope can't i? Whatever the wait I know it will be worth it in the end. Will be my first brand new car!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:14 AM

Ahh...Well I have nothing against Red..but its nice finally seeing other colors being ordered...its just Red, silver, or black is all I see...but red is the most i've seen. but good luck with your order..hope all works out well for ya bro!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:25 AM

thanks! The wait is going to be unbearable!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by afdude2018
thanks! The wait is going to be unbearable!
Well goin on 6 months, i barely notice it anymore the first couple months SUCKED tho...after that time flys by. By the time my dealer called me in January to tell me GM preferenced my order, I had almost forgotton i was getting an SS/SC
Old 03-01-2006, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by r_fiorda49
dude...hate to burst your bubble but i was in your EXACT situation (minus the g85) back in september...it is now march and guess what? no cobalt...not even a build date...and the G85's are apparently even harder to get made Sucks...i kno...but be patient it'll be COMPLETELY worth it in the end

I ordered mine from Jimmy Pattison Chev in Early Feb and got the call yesterday that it is built and sitting in Oshwa ready for the shipping BS and is slated to get here the week of April 3.

Gonna order the Sportline springs today from Modern Motorsports and have them sitting here ready to go in when it arrives.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:38 AM

Damn 6 months sucks....and what the hell is with the term "preferenced"?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:22 PM

Damn 6 months sucks....and what the hell is with the term "preferenced"?
That means your order has ben shosen for production. They will fit it into the production line...sometime!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:49 PM

Thanks for explaining...hopefully mine get's preferenced quick!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:58 PM

When I ordered mine the dealership(s) told me that the SS\ SC's are somewhat of a limited production car. In Canada anyways each dealership is allotted a certain amount and over the course of the year they bring them in. After they have used up their allotment for the year, they are SOL.

I hope you guys get yours in a timely fashion. Waiting really sucks.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Matty
I ordered mine from Jimmy Pattison Chev in Early Feb and got the call yesterday that it is built and sitting in Oshwa ready for the shipping BS and is slated to get here the week of April 3.

Gonna order the Sportline springs today from Modern Motorsports and have them sitting here ready to go in when it arrives.
Sounds like they just found you one at another dealer...Cuz it seems kinda strange to me that they'd have it sitting in Oshawa... ( it's like 400 miles north, when BC is directly east ) Anyways, congrats man. I'm assuming it's an SS/SC? I'm in Burnaby so when i FINALLY get my car we should set up a meet or sumthing.

-Rob
Old 03-01-2006, 04:40 PM

My SS SC only took 6 weeks to get on order, my wifes SS N\A took 8 weeks because of the Laser Blue color (start of production).
Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 PM

Well the Chevy dealer in town hasn't had any SS/SC orders from what I know. They have a lot of other Cobalts on their lot. There's only one brand new SS/SC on any dealership within a 100 mile radius.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:57 PM

Awhile ago i started a thread on my ongoing struggle with GM and some of the posts were extremely helpful...especially this one:

Here is the list of production codes:

1100 - Order placed at dealer
1101 - Order accepted by GM (means your dealer has an allocation for such)
2001 - Order generated to dealer
2050 - Order changed
2500 - Order sent to production (Preferenced)
3000 - Order accepted by production control (very good, you're getting close)
3100 - Order available for sequence (all prior TPW's were guesses, now its probable)
3300 - Order selected for assembly (constraints such as lack of Quaife's can keep you from getting to 3300)
3400 - Order broadcast for production (this is it, its about to start down the line)
3800 - Vehicle produced (yea!)
4150 - Vehicle invoiced to dealer (dealer gets the invoice just before shipping)
4200 - Vehicle shipped)
5000 - Vehicle delivered to dealer
6000 - Vehicle delivered to customer

Notice 1100 can exist forever if a dealer has no allocation.
Allocation is weird and I have never seen an explanation that made sense, but I do know you can't get to 3000 until you have stopped at 1101.
You can call GM with your order number and they'll give u one of the 4 digit production codes...makes it easier to find out how far along your order is

The rest of that thread can be found
here
Old 03-01-2006, 06:06 PM

Sounds like they just found you one at another dealer...Cuz it seems kinda strange to me that they'd have it sitting in Oshawa... ( it's like 400 miles north, when BC is directly east ) Anyways, congrats man. I'm assuming it's an SS/SC? I'm in Burnaby so when i FINALLY get my car we should set up a meet or sumthing.

-Rob

I wouldn't think it was on another lot. I wanted Laser Blue paint w\ black\ blue trim seats, minus the sunroof (scared of the leaking possibility) so it is a special order. I would be surprised to see one on the lot like that with no miles on it. Although anything is possible.

Ya it's the SS\ SC. There was one on the lot but it was black and I wanted a different colour cause my Mustang is black.

I thought the cars were built in Detroit? Then across the border into Canada, then to us here? His message was in my mail box and I deleted it but I was sure he said it is sitting in Ontario.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Matty
I wouldn't think it was on another lot. I wanted Laser Blue paint w\ black\ blue trim seats, minus the sunroof (scared of the leaking possibility) so it is a special order. I would be surprised to see one on the lot like that with no miles on it. Although anything is possible.

Ya it's the SS\ SC. There was one on the lot but it was black and I wanted a different colour cause my Mustang is black.

I thought the cars were built in Detroit? Then across the border into Canada, then to us here? His message was in my mail box and I deleted it but I was sure he said it is sitting in Ontario.
Nope, all of em are built in the same Lordstown Ohio plant. I dunno why they'd send them across the border before shipping it west cuz its wayyyyyy out of the way. I dispatch for a local trucking company and even when i'm running sumthing from Vancouver -->Toronto i move it thru the States cuz it's quicker...Seems a little weird but i guess im just hoping it's not a factory order cuz that would mean sumthing is SERIOUSLY wrong with mine HOWEVER...it could be a timing thing too. I was told the reason my order was taking so long is because i wanted the blue inserts. So if your order got accepted in feb (right around the same time mine did maybe we'll have similar delivery dates
Old 03-01-2006, 06:50 PM

Nope, all of em are built in the same Lordstown Ohio plant. I dunno why they'd send them across the border before shipping it west cuz its wayyyyyy out of the way. I dispatch for a local trucking company and even when i'm running sumthing from Vancouver -->Toronto i move it thru the States cuz it's quicker...Seems a little weird but i guess im just hoping it's not a factory order cuz that would mean sumthing is SERIOUSLY wrong with mine HOWEVER...it could be a timing thing too. I was told the reason my order was taking so long is because i wanted the blue inserts. So if your order got accepted in feb (right around the same time mine did maybe we'll have similar delivery dates
I just called my guy (fleet manager at Pattison) and he said that some get built in Ohio some in Detroit and didn't have my info in front of him so he wasn't sure which it was.

He also said Oshawa is the point of entry for all cars (Toyota, Honda etc) coming into Canada so that is why it goes through there then to here.

This is the info passed to me.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:51 PM

Awhile ago i started a thread on my ongoing struggle with GM and some of the posts were extremely helpful...especially this one:

You can call GM with your order number and they'll give u one of the 4 digit production codes...makes it easier to find out how far along your order is

The rest of that thread can be found
here
Thanks for that info. That will definitely come in handy!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:00 PM

Omg

guessss whatttttt......dealer called....CARS F'ING HERE!!!!!!!! GOIN TO SEE IT RIGHT NOW Not takin' delivery til Saturday tho, but after 6 months of waiting 2 days wont kill me :P

Let the Games Begin.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:05 PM

Hearing these stories kinda make me happy that I Didn't order mine.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:09 PM

guessss whatttttt......dealer called....CARS F'ING HERE!!!!!!!! GOIN TO SEE IT RIGHT NOW Not takin' delivery til Saturday tho, but after 6 months of waiting 2 days wont kill me :P

Let the Games Begin.
Holy ****!!! Yeh two more days shouldn't be too much trouble after 6 months! Congrats man. Hopefully I don't have to wait as long as you did!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:34 PM

Holy ****!!! Yeh two more days shouldn't be too much trouble after 6 months! Congrats man. Hopefully I don't have to wait as long as you did!!!
Buddy i can't even describe it...just getting the call was worth the wait. Plus, the shock is INSANE cuz i called GM Canada last night and got this response: "It's currently being scheduled for production...should be delivered within 60 days"... and then today it's here
Old 03-02-2006, 02:41 PM

yeh I can only imagine getting a call like that....I woulda been like are you shitting me?

Quick Reply: FINALLY my Cobalt is on order!!!