General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

First day in for service...not fun

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First day in for service...not fun

Well i rounded 12k km's and oil life was at 2%, so i took her in for service. I told them about a few things I would like fixed and they were, sqeeky brake pedal, sqeeky driver side window, and PARKING BRAKE LITE COMING ON (THIS IS KEY), So nobody knew what i was talkin bout wit the parking brake, guess they never had any problems with it yet. I told them what i heard on here and they said they would check it out, see if there was any bullitins. Well there was, computer had to be updated wit software or sumtin. THIS TOOK 3 HOURS!! they couldnt get the damn thing that plugs into my computer to read anything, they couldnt even get my oil life moniter set back to 99%. Well needless to say i was dissapointed with the length of time this took. Window didnt get fixed, said he oiled the track, its not the track tho it feels like something is rubbing it on its was down. Break pedal feels great, cars really dirty (its yellow), and the bill for the routine maintenence they do at 10,000km came to 106$ wow, im not gonna be wanting to do that every six months. But hopefullly the parking brake stays off now.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by PatDamanCobalt
Well i rounded 12k km's and oil life was at 2%, so i took her in for service. I told them about a few things I would like fixed and they were, sqeeky brake pedal, sqeeky driver side window, and PARKING BRAKE LITE COMING ON (THIS IS KEY), So nobody knew what i was talkin bout wit the parking brake, guess they never had any problems with it yet. I told them what i heard on here and they said they would check it out, see if there was any bullitins. Well there was, computer had to be updated wit software or sumtin. THIS TOOK 3 HOURS!! they couldnt get the damn thing that plugs into my computer to read anything, they couldnt even get my oil life moniter set back to 99%. Well needless to say i was dissapointed with the length of time this took. Window didnt get fixed, said he oiled the track, its not the track tho it feels like something is rubbing it on its was down. Break pedal feels great, cars really dirty (its yellow), and the bill for the routine maintenence they do at 10,000km came to 106$ wow, im not gonna be wanting to do that every six months. But hopefullly the parking brake stays off now.

your dealer is full of **** there is a bulletin out for they for that light comin on 4 no reason its a comp prob that they have a new calibration 4 im not sure of bulletin # but i already had to do it to my car
Old 10-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

if I was you, I won't have paid anything except for the oil change. They swindled you. Take it from me, I am a walking service bulletin and I know when they really did find things and when they didn't. Most of the service they do is a reflash of the computer to clear some condition codes or firmware updates to sensors. I would be leary of going there again.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:50 PM

All i got charged for was the oil change and general inspection. I was just pissed off wit how long it took them to fix the comp
Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by carbombss
your dealer is full of **** there is a bulletin out for they for that light comin on 4 no reason its a comp prob that they have a new calibration 4 im not sure of bulletin # but i already had to do it to my car
I would assume what you're both talkinga bout is the parking brake randomly coming on from time to time, particularly after starting the vehicle for no apparent reason? If so, I should have my dealer look into this at my 6 month service which comes up in November. I haven't seen it in a while but I still want to get it looked into in case any other complications could arise from it.

Oh and Pat I had the same problem with them having to calibrate their computer when I took my car in the first time though it didn't take them 3 hours...it took the service tech a grand total of 10 minutes to download the software and diagnose my problem. Sounds like someone at your service department needs to get their head outta the clouds .

Permafried-