General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

HOLD UP! Let's not forget!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HOLD UP! Let's not forget!

Hey guys,
Remember how badly GM has screwed owners on warranty claims? Isn't this the time to send them a message that we aren't willing to buy anymore "performance" vehicles from them if we can't actually PERFORM in them without it being abuse?

You thought the SS/SC was bad, they are definately going to screw TC owners! I for one am not buying a product until GM starts to support it!

Let's send them a message they won't forget by avoiding this car!

You have to admit, it seems great until you get into the dealership!

Ryan
Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry but I dont think one car forum is going to change GM's thoughts on things bro.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:22 PM

they wont change their minds until its to late.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no other car manufacturers are any different, so why should they be?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned

they will get the e-mail laugh.. then print it out and wipe there asses with it...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That's not true, I bet 75% of the SS/SC owners are on this forum! By doing nothing you guarantee GM gets worse with its customer service!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by boostbalt
That's not true, I bet 75% of the SS/SC owners are on this forum! By doing nothing you guarantee GM gets worse with its customer service!

That may be, but how many people have acually had customer service promblems, I haven't, and i have had quite a bit of work done, this is something you need to take up with your dealer, its not fair to attack GM cause your pissed off!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 PM

i dont think 75% are on here lol.. sorry... out of the probly 50 or so around here... there is like 5 on here lol
Old 10-24-2007, 12:50 AM

i don't think you are right with that 75% and who would know anyways. some dealers are the ****, some aren't.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:08 AM

I've had my fair share of problems dealing with GM. They are pieces of ****.. BUT, even if EVERYONE on this forum boycotted GM, they still wouldnt change anything.. I applaud your effort, because it is good to try things like this, but it ultimately won't accomplish anything, and I am too psyched to not get the turbo balt.. I will wait till 09 probably just to let them work out the kinks..

Good try, but unfortunately, pointless..
Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 AM

Hey guys,
Remember how badly GM has screwed owners on warranty claims? Isn't this the time to send them a message that we aren't willing to buy anymore "performance" vehicles from them if we can't actually PERFORM in them without it being abuse?

You thought the SS/SC was bad, they are definately going to screw TC owners! I for one am not buying a product until GM starts to support it!

Let's send them a message they won't forget by avoiding this car!

You have to admit, it seems great until you get into the dealership!

Ryan
while i agree with you 100% it will not help...they dont care
Old 10-24-2007, 01:16 AM

i always got perfect service and respect, anything i ever asked was instantly done under warranty...
Old 10-24-2007, 01:19 AM

Dunno about you but I managed to get my front tires replaced under warranty because they were bald after 13k miles.

Sooo so far I don't have a complaint against the warranty department of Chevrolet.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
moved to the general cobalt section.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:49 AM

That's not true, I bet 75% of the SS/SC owners are on this forum!
uhhhh no....Maybe 10% of SS/SC owners have ever LOOKED at this site, but not 75% membership
Old 10-24-2007, 12:18 PM

Find a better dealer..........good day.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by JERMzSS
Find a better dealer..........good day.
This is true, also if you stop buying "performance cars" from GM, they're going to start thinking the public doesnt want performance cars. Eventually GM will turn into the next toyota - a very uninspiring line up of cars and just have good mileage - and i would rather have a high performance line up than different variations of just the 2.2L model...
Old 10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Premium Member

As others have stated , ive had a nothing but praise for my dealers warranty performance. GM kinda screwed up with the wheel hop / axle issue but all in all you have to pay to play . I see alot of people that want GM to support their racing hobby, no car manufacturer is going to play nice with that.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rukkee
I see alot of people that want GM to support their racing hobby, no car manufacturer is going to play nice with that.
AMEN. You can have a warranty or you can race your car. Pick one, not both. As for it being a "performance" car, that's true. But a warranty is there to cover MANUFACTURER DEFECTS ONLY. Expecting them to fix something you broke tearing the **** out of your car isn't a valid warranty claim. Get over it and move on. You pay to play.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:55 PM

Gm is nice enough to warranty ther performance line of cars just like all the other cars. Chrystler has their new lifetime limited warranty on all models except the performance line. I think GM is doing just fine. You can even keep your warranty with a stage kit. I dont know of many other examples of this kind of warranty coverage.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Apex
This is true, also if you stop buying "performance cars" from GM, they're going to start thinking the public doesnt want performance cars. Eventually GM will turn into the next toyota - a very uninspiring line up of cars and just have good mileage - and i would rather have a high performance line up than different variations of just the 2.2L model...
accually the 2.2 is quite a good performer in its class...
Old 10-24-2007, 04:08 PM

Well it really doesnt have to do as much from GM as it does from the dealership you take it to. When dealers do warranty work they can only have a certain amount of claims of say transmissions, and other parts. There are different levels when it comes to warrantys . if they are over the % of claims on a certain part, GM will come in and do an audit which is very bad for a dealer. Not saying that they wont warranty something. but if they are very high on claims on a warranty part they might not want to do the work. But you could take it to another dealer that isnt high and they would warranty it. Hope that makes since to you all. if not I can go into more detail about it.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM

Personally..... I have had a real good relationship with my GM dealer. They have never questioned a problem, or refused a claim. A couple of times the mechanic has come out and spoke to me about specific problems or concerns. I believe your treatment by a dealership has alot to do with how you treat them. I also believe, that a customer's age has alot to do with how you are treated at a dealership. I am 45 yo, and I treat the service team with respect, and they treat me with respect.

BTW.... I own 4 chevy vehicles, which were all purchased at a different dealership than the one I go for service. (a personal friend is a salesman at a Chevy dealer across town.)
Old 10-24-2007, 04:10 PM

If u owned a company and sold sports cars and performance parts for them and they bought them and got out and couldnt drive and screwed them up or put them on wrong and tore something up, would u fix it for free?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
JMH

Originally Posted by alleycat58
AMEN. You can have a warranty or you can race your car. Pick one, not both. As for it being a "performance" car, that's true. But a warranty is there to cover MANUFACTURER DEFECTS ONLY. Expecting them to fix something you broke tearing the **** out of your car isn't a valid warranty claim. Get over it and move on. You pay to play.
I third that motion strongly!
The ridiculous amounts of money that younger people put into what is essensially a "throw away car" is mind boggling......... and then they're astonished when something breaks!?
Blame it on GM. What a joke.
The cars telemetry speaks for itself every time you put it on the hoist. The techs know how you've been driving the vehicle better than you do. They're not stupid.
I say, go out and buy a Porsche, a Corvette, a Mustang or an F'ing Ferrari for that matter.....and drive the **** out of it! The only difference will be the bill you get at the service counter, and it wont be pretty.

Quick Reply: HOLD UP! Let's not forget!