General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

how do you find cobalt parts on powell website..

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
how do you find cobalt parts on powell website..

is it just me or did they take out the cobalt section on their website? i remember once seeing all of our stuff on there now i can't seem to navigate it?

Powell RaceShop.com
Old 09-05-2012, 04:11 PM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Their site is still in the works.

Email:

Gloria
gloria [at] powellraceshop.com>
or you can email John
john [at] powellraceshop.com

They'll tell you what they have, how much, etc.

Copied this from another thread. Stuff they sell:

leading control arm bushings
trailing control arm bushings
subframe connectors
harness bar
sway bars
twisting beam pivot joints
coleman floating rotors
hub conversions
brembo conversions
steering rack spacers
rotated mounts
tow hooks
yyz springs

Somewhere there is a link to a temporary page with the parts listed. No prices. Some of the parts have descriptions.

Last edited by casionerd; 09-05-2012 at 04:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Zo6balt (03-29-2020)
Old 09-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Powell Race Parts.com. a little better but the web site is still not what we want. someday lol
Old 09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
Powell Race Parts.com. a little better but the web site is still not what we want. someday lol
Just wondering what has taking so long to get a site up and running? Im not trying to be an ass or anything it just seems it ahouldnt take this long to get the website setup.
Zo6balt (03-29-2020)
Old 09-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
Just wondering what has taking so long to get a site up and running? Im not trying to be an ass or anything it just seems it ahouldnt take this long to get the website setup.
its up and runnng. Ecommerce is not, and some of the links are not working.
It was done by a close racing buddy for free, and its hard to beat up on him and say " gotta hand it over to someone else to get it finished" coz he is a good friend and a nice guy, so thats the answer. Doesnt make it easier,and now you know. I am just as happy to deal with emails and talk to people but I agree its frustrating.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hopefully the links and all the pics and wut not work soon id lik to see sum of the products
Old 09-05-2012, 06:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by carstedt
hopefully the links and all the pics and wut not work soon id lik to see sum of the products
sayyy wuuutttT??
Old 09-05-2012, 06:36 PM

i would lik the links to work...so i can see all the products on the site and maybe a description of them like ZZP has....
Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Lol was wondering the same thing the other day...any idea how much the rear sway bars are?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Former Vendor

240 for the hardcore and 275 for xXx....
Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
What exactly does a floating rotor entail?and what good is a bottom hinged gas pedal to the stock one?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Former Vendor

floating rotors are race rotors mounted to a "hat" with special hardware "bobbins" that allow the rotor to "float" to avoid warping between the hat and the rotor surface.

stock 26 mm rotor
Name:  DSCN1326.jpg
Views: 1741
Size:  1.99 MB
floating grand am style BBK LSJ 28 mm cobalt rotor

Name:  DSCF0507.jpg
Views: 1687
Size:  107.5 KB
Powell hardcore floating rotor, 28 mm LNF

Name:  DSCF1076.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  230.8 KB

Corvette Brembo floating rotor
Name:  100_3146.jpg
Views: 1794
Size:  155.7 KB

why drilled rotors suck
Name:  100_1681.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  114.0 KB
bottom hinged gas pedals provide improved ergonomics, so when depressing the brake pedal and simultaneously "blipping" the gas pedal to match revs on the downshift, a more precise braking and "blip" is achieved. The arc of the gas pedal is better, and there is no space between the bottom of the gas pedal pad ( as in the stock location) so there is little or no chance of missing the gas pedal with your foot.

If you check out serious drivers car like Ferrari Porsche BMW etc you will generally find pendant brake and clutch pedal mounting and bottom hinged gas pedals.

Last edited by Powell Race Parts; 09-05-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Zo6balt (03-29-2020)
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM

I think most people would be okay with emailing Gloria for prices and Paypal works well for that. The problem is knowing what goodies you guys have. Probably just a single site with a cut and paste of the info and pics you post in the various forums is all that is needed. I bet most people didn't know you had made front spindle ducts but it's a pretty cool peice.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Miko
I think most people would be okay with emailing Gloria for prices and Paypal works well for that. The problem is knowing what goodies you guys have. Probably just a single site with a cut and paste of the info and pics you post in the various forums is all that is needed. I bet most people didn't know you had made front spindle ducts but it's a pretty cool peice.
I have written the stuff taken the pictures, just waiting to get it on the site. its true. a big issue right now. working on it.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
What are the prices for the two
Old 09-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't mean to turn this into a Powell Race Shop pricing thread, but since you're here..

How much for those LNF rotors and will they fit with the stock calliper locations? I honestly forget the size of the stock LNF rotors so I appologize if this is a stupid question.. lol
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
^^This guy knows how to clear a room!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1
I don't mean to turn this into a Powell Race Shop pricing thread, but since you're here..

How much for those LNF rotors and will they fit with the stock calliper locations? I honestly forget the size of the stock LNF rotors so I appologize if this is a stupid question.. lol
they are direct replacement, but as they are 2mm thicker (need mass for better braking) the steel pad shims may need to be left out if installing new pads on new rotors. These things last a long time I got 3 seasons on mine.
900 for a pair. 300 a rotor replacement ( hats and bobbins last for ever)
Zo6balt (03-29-2020)
Old 09-06-2012, 12:06 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
they are direct replacement, but as they are 2mm thicker (need mass for better braking) the steel pad shims may need to be left out if installing new pads on new rotors. These things last a long time I got 3 seasons on mine.
900 for a pair. 300 a rotor replacement ( hats and bobbins last for ever)
Is that per rotor or replacement pair for $300?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Former Vendor

a pair. 150 each. sorry.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:10 PM
village idiot

Hey John. Since you're a supporting vendor, can't you just make a thread over in the supporting vendors section until the site is sorted out? Since you have all of the pictures and descriptions just introduce yourself and your company along with what you offer, pics, descriptions, prices shipped (Canada and US) and contact information for ordering.

It could be something like this (basically copied and pasted from your site):

Powell Race shop is a PROUD sponsor of CobaltSS.net.

We produce custom made, limited production, hardcore race developed parts for performance automobiles - particularly for the ‘delta’ platform Chevrolet Cobalt and Saturn Ion Redline, the “Y” car and C6 Chevrolet Corvette. Our parts are created in response to requests and needs – customers wishing better handling and braking – or our desire to improve vehicle performance for racing. Sometimes the limitations imposed by racing regulations make us search for “stock appearing” ways to make our cars better. Sometimes Time Attack style unlimited regulations create the freedom for us to dream up totally new parts. These are all parts that our customers can use, to enjoy a simpler, less expensive and more effective street, auto x or track day vehicle.

We do believe that performance improvements should be cost effective, and that the money you spend with us for parts or technical sevice should provide you with satisfaction, and deliver the improvements you desire.

Some of our parts are for "track use only" and are high maintenance, or provide marginal performance improvement unless installed as a compliment to other changes. We will state that in the parts description. We do update and improve existing parts we produce based on customer feedback.

While parts of our website are under construction, here is a list of the products we offer:

Suspension and Brakes

Street Rear Sway Bar 1.0

A rear mounted, easily installed bar that is best for FE3 base suspension cars; for drivers who enjoy their cars on the street and do not auto cross or race their cars.

Hardcore Rear Sway Bar 1.25

The original bar by John Powell, developed with GM chassis engineers, and used on the famous "Time Attack" Cobalt driven to overall victory by John Heinricy in 2005.

Triple X Rear Sway Bar 1.50

The newest rear bar developed by John in response to customer requests. Perfect for expert drivers on the street. Like many of our add-on suspension parts, best for track use.

Rear Twisting Beam, Time Attack Style

You'll feel the difference with this special order "Time Attack Style" rear twisting beam designed for track use. More...

Rear Twisting Beam, "Engineering Development Style"

Features weld in or removable V beam bar, and can accept add on PRS bar. Has modification to allow easy replacement or change of pivot bushings or bearings. More...

Powell Race Parts YYZ springs.

THE best ride and handling springs available for the Delta platform. The drop is minimal. If performance is more important than having a low car, these are the springs for you. If you would rather have a low car with mediocre performance, you’ll have to look elsewhere for springs. Here at Powell Race Shop Performance and Function > Looks. After years of researching and hundreds of hours of testing it was determined that you cannot have the kind of results we demanded with a right height equal to our competitors.

TC Shocks

TC shocks are the best upgrade for GM Delta platform cars pre LNF engines and installation is direct for all Cobalts. More...

TC Strut Kit

The TC Strut Kit is the best upgrade for GM Delta platform cars pre LNF engines. The Ion does not use the supplied replacement top strut nut. More...

Spring/Strut/Shock Package

Coming in late June, re-valved Koni strut inserts for superior track performance. A great combination upgrade package offered by Powell RaceParts that's priced for Canadian enthusiasts. More...

Powergrid End Links

The best all weather spherical joint kit, easily adjustable with right and left hand threads and used on all Grand Am and Time Attack race cars. More...

Redline to Cobalt Spring Conversion

Developed by John Powell to facilitate use of Cobalt smaller top diameter road springs, while retaining the Ion top strut mount. More...

Leading Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit

hXc full control OEM alloy arms modified with all weather spherical front and rear; stock appearing. The original racing replacement bushing developed by the Powell Race Team for use on the track. Not recommended for winter use. More...

Trailing Control Arm Bushing Replacement Assembly

An excellent, unique, all weather replacement spherical joint for the rear position. A first class solution.

Control Arms Latest FE5 Alloy

A useful upgrade especially for FE3 and Ion Redline cars with steel lower control arms. Optional assembly of replacement bushings into arm available. More...

Floating Rotors

The ultimate rotor combination for the LNF Brembo front brake. Fantastic braking performance,rotor and pad life. This is truly triple X rated braking system. More...

Powell Spindle Ducts

If you are seriously into racing, auto cross or track, then then these racing brake ducts are for you. These are not to be used for drag racing. More...

Motor and Transmission Improvements

Powell Billet Motor Mounts Stage 1

The original and still the best, Powell Billet Motor Mounts. Stage 1 is a front mount and keyhole spacer. More...

Powell Billet Motor Mounts Stage 2

The original and still the best, Powell Billet Motor Mounts. Stage 2 is a front and rear mount with spacer integral to the rear mount. More...

Powell Billet Motor Mounts - Rear Mount Only

The original and still the best, Powell Billet Motor Mounts. Rear mount for a stage 2 upgrade. More...

Powell Composite OEM Rotated Motor Mounts - F23

These F23 mounts were developed specifically for the 2.2 and 2.4 manual shift owners. A very effective solution to power hop on launch! More...

Powell All Steel Rotated Motor Mounts - 04 Redline

2004 Redlines are unique. Including the cradle and front mount, this solution uses the stock mount. Core return required. More...

Supercharged Cooling

Powell Option B - Reservoir Kit

"Option B" is a replacement coolant reservoir kit originally designed for Grand AM and Time Attack Cobalts for the supercharged engine charge air cooling system. More...

Powell Option B - Reservoir Brackets Only

Originally designed for Grand AM and Time Attack Cobalts, these watercut alloy brackets hold the "Option B" reservoir. More...

Griffin After Cooler

This special order a 1.5 inch core charge, dual pass, air cooling radiator, fits in the stock location. More...

Dual Pass End Plate

A dual pass end plate for improved supercharged inlet air cooling; two suppliers, GM and ZZP. More...

Single Pass Inlet Manifold

These more complex, 4 port single pass complete inlet manifolds are available by special order only. More...

Exterior Chassis Modifications

Under Car Rails

SCCA AutoX rules permit undercar subframe connectors with three distinct bolt in mounting pads, in stock classes with no performance penalty. Ours have jacking points. More...

Exterior Practical Enhancements

Tow Hooks

Name:  DSCN6878.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  3.70 MB

Regulation powdercoated red hooks with black mounting plates. Different standard colors available and custom coated at no extra charge; candy colors extra. More...

Tow Hooks - Front Only

Front regulation powdercoated red hooks with black mounting plates. Different standard colors available and custom coated at no extra charge; candy colors extra. More...

Tow Hook Quick Disconnects

These quick disconnect pins for your tow hooks are: T-Handle, 3/8 inch diameter, L-3 inch, with a double shear load of 17,480 lbs. More...

Interior Modifications

Powell Harness Bar

Name:  100_3402.jpg
Views: 1997
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  100_3405.jpg
Views: 1771
Size:  186.5 KB

Name:  100_3404.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  114.4 KB

A great looking removable harness bar, which also serves to improve cabin structural stiffness. Available in DOM powdercoated, or brushed stainless.

Bottom Hinged Gas Pedal

Name:  Redlinebottomhingedgaspedal011.jpg
Views: 1759
Size:  145.5 KB

Name:  Redlinebottomhingedgaspedal009.jpg
Views: 1831
Size:  1.21 MB

Dont go near the track to road race without this modification. Worth its weight in gold.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor

wow I will have Gloria check this out. I already tried once to do taht and failed but I am a computer idiot no doubt...thanks for the idea and the hard work...!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 213 Likes on 172 Posts
Emailing them is the best thing to do. Ive found it to work flawlessly every time. Or you could call direct.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
Emailing them is the best thing to do. Ive found it to work flawlessly every time. Or you could call direct.
Gloria has our contact information talks to her now and then so she can do it. Thanks to all
Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
Thats m problem the one time i was ready to place an order it took a few days to get a reply from the lady that handles the sales, by then i had already said **** it and went to ottp because i needed the part. If the website was up then i could have just placed my order and when they was not busy they could have processed it and ship me the part.
Zo6balt (03-30-2020)

Quick Reply: how do you find cobalt parts on powell website..