General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

just got my cobalt ss delivered!!! im not happy!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got my cobalt ss delivered!!! im not happy!!

i just got my car delivered. A transport company delivered it from florida to wisconsin. The whole front BUMPER is demolished. Theres a major paint chip on one side, a crack on the other. and the whole front bumper lip was destroyed. WOULD THIS BE COVERED UNDER THE INSURANCE??? The car is lowered but i told the guy, if he couldnt do it without damaging anything NOT to put it on the trailer, that i would come down and just pick it up myself. but he insisted he wouldnt have a problem. He tried to play it off like it was already there. Which is BS since the seller took pics of it the day he picked it up. Andf when i told him that, he was like, Well whatever it cost ill pay for it. He said he doesnt want me to go thru the companys insurance because his rate would go up.
I tried calling the terminal up and the lady said to get a estimate and fax it over. Well i did go to the body shop and tried to call her with the fax number, but she didnt pick up. Could she be avoiding me or no?? Im really pissed!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 PM

That sucks big time, Hate to hear something like that happen
Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 PM

where did you buy it from?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 PM

Sounds like you're either getting raped or... gon' get raped.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 PM

eh...sorry to hear it...just keep tryin to get ahold of her...pics of it?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:54 PM

go through his insurance...he would have tried his best to give you the run around if the dealer didnt have original pictures.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by sealy
go through his insurance...he would have tried his best to give you the run around if the dealer didnt have original pictures.
Agreed. Go to war.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:49 PM

good luck man. I don't know if your aware of it or not but most vehicle transporting is freelanced out to individual truckers, the hub your called to arrange it takes your request and sends it out to all the trucks they have contracts with that are, or will be, in the area. the drivers then can choose to pick it up or not. so the driver could be long gone if you didn't get his information. DO go through his insurance, don't mess around with letting him pay for it, its too easy for him to get out of town and be gone.

If you are dealing with a large company that runs their own trucks I doubt this would be an issue to begin with, but they would take care of it for you.

hopefully you get this taken care of quickly, time is money!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by denn454
good luck man. I don't know if your aware of it or not but most vehicle transporting is freelanced out to individual truckers, the hub your called to arrange it takes your request and sends it out to all the trucks they have contracts with that are, or will be, in the area. the drivers then can choose to pick it up or not. so the driver could be long gone if you didn't get his information. DO go through his insurance, don't mess around with letting him pay for it, its too easy for him to get out of town and be gone.

If you are dealing with a large company that runs their own trucks I doubt this would be an issue to begin with, but they would take care of it for you.

hopefully you get this taken care of quickly, time is money!
ya the thing is, i went with a broker, and then i found out that the HUB is local. The truck is owned by this company. So i have the direct number of the truck drivers BOSS. I called the driver and told him i couldnt get ahold of his boss. and he said shes picking up her kids, try back in the morning. So wish me luck
Old 05-08-2007, 08:47 AM

Good luck, sorry to hear that. It sounds like they will cover it though.
Originally Posted by vextc05
Well i did go to the body shop and tried to call her with the fax number, but she didnt pick up. Could she be avoiding me or no?? Im really pissed!!!
I have only faxed a few times, but could this be a typo? She isn't supposed to pick up a fax, you dial... stick in estimate... it sends... they recieve, no? I don't think she is avoiding you though, you tried once. Have patience, be polite, yet stern and you should have it payed for. Again, good luck!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:53 AM

that sucks man keep calling or try getting a hold of someone higher up
Old 05-08-2007, 11:23 AM

if worst comes to worst you can take them to small claims court, and you have a good shot there since the truck is owned by the company.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:23 AM

I had this problem with a jetta I transported from CA to NJ. The front bumper was destroyed! I never got any money out of them, they claimed it was loose when they picked it up, which it wasn't. And then to top it all off, they changed the "car inspection" document to show that it was loose after I already had a copy of it.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by sealy
This is the way to do it. Get the insurance companies involved, that way, you know he can't screw you over. If you don't go through insurance, you can't tke him to court because there is/was no legal agreement to pay for damages.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 PM

ya the funny thing is, the driver didnt even have a inspection form or anything. I can recall the lady saying that hes new. I tried calling this morning, the lady still didnt pick up. I called the driver to see where shes at and all he said was keep trying, shes very busy. But i find that ironic, because the past week, everytime i called she picked up every single time.

Originally Posted by 05BlackCobaltSS
This is the way to do it. Get the insurance companies involved, that way, you know he can't screw you over. If you don't go through insurance, you can't tke him to court because there is/was no legal agreement to pay for damages.
so ur saying go thru my insurance???? Or theres??

when i pointed the damage out, all the driver said was, well it was lowered, i wasnt going to pick it up, but i did anyways. After he said that, i was like "HEY BUDDY if i knew u would damage my car i would have paid $90 to fly down there and pick it up my damn self" after i said that he shut his mouth and said "well go see how much itll cost to replace,ill pay for it because i dont want u to go thru insurance, my rate will go up."

Last edited by vextc05; 05-08-2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-08-2007, 01:08 PM

take her ass to court

if she didn't want the insurance involved, she should do a better job of talking to you.

Last edited by damage82; 05-08-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-08-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by damage82
take her ass to court

if she didn't want the insurance involved, she should do a better job of talking to you.
X2

Give them one warning. Fax/email/tell the driver you called a bunch and if you dont get a call back (busy or not) to expect a court summons

Watch how fast people respond to that
Old 05-08-2007, 03:20 PM

they are responsible for delivery of goods as it was when it was picked up - it's their problem not yours. Trust me, I'm a licensed insurance producer in MN. Anything being hauled by a trailer is covered by the insurance that's covering the vehicle towing it.

Also, is the balt covered already by your insurance? If so, go ahead and talk to your agent and tell them what's up. They are in the service of providing you insurance help. Insurance companies have LOTS of money and will pay for lawyers to PROTECT YOU. Let your agent call the hauling company and get things straight. If the hauler has no insurance, then they pay out of pocket. No questions asked. Get copies of the photos. Make your own copies then and give some to your agent as well.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:03 PM

I agree on going through their insurance. Last summer, my car was hit by a tire distributor's truck in the parking lot at work. The company dragged their feet for a bit, but once their insurance carrier got involved, the car got fixed ASAP.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:17 PM

i just got off the phone with the lady, i faxed over estimate to them. She informed me that herself and the owner of the company is going to sit down and talk to the driver. I guarantee the driver will tell them "the car was lowered BLAH BLAH BLAH" the thing that bothers me is that, yes the cars lowered, but common sense, if the cars at risk of getting damaged INFORM THE BUYER!!! Dont just load it onto the trailer and think "if it gets damaged SCREW IT" That was that guys mentality. They better fix this damn car with no ands if or buts!! If i knew my car had a good chance of getting damaged i would have just flown down there and picked it up
Old 05-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shouldn't matter if its lowered or not. The fact is that THEY dammaged it in transit when THEY are directly responcible for the car. If he flipped and wrcked the truck and your car got destroyed would they think they're not responcible for it? BS! The shipper is responcible!

I work for the rail road and we transport train cars FULL of automobiles every single day, when we derail and the rail car hits the ground and the cars are damaged our insurance co. (US) has to pay for them.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:12 PM

so besides all these issues, how do you like the car? That took a long time for you to finally get it!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sicklyscott
so besides all these issues, how do you like the car? That took a long time for you to finally get it!
ya no kidding man. Waited like 4-5 weeks. I like it, runs very good, shifts good. Just a couple minor things on the body. But other then that, im really happy. $13500 is a hella good price for that car. Just need to get this front bumper fixed. Makes the car look junky