General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

just need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just need some help

hey everyone i just bought a 06 Cobalt SS/SC and i love it. i am kinda new to the whole cobalt scine and bought a new K@N Cold Air intake. i put it all in and everything and after i get on it real good with makes a loud whisling noise. i know that in intake makes some noise but is it normal. also what type of weather can this intake go though it has the sleve that come with it but if it rains real good is it safe to drive. i mean i live in north phoenix arizona so it doesnt rain that much and does an intake void my warranty on the car? thank you for helping me out
Old 07-08-2007, 02:23 AM

maybe,,,,,,,,,maybe i need to stop drinkin vodka. hahah
Old 07-08-2007, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by LotekRider1
hey everyone i just bought a 06 Cobalt SS/SC and i love it. i am kinda new to the whole cobalt scine and bought a new K@N Cold Air intake. i put it all in and everything and after i get on it real good with makes a loud whisling noise. i know that in intake makes some noise but is it normal. also what type of weather can this intake go though it has the sleve that come with it but if it rains real good is it safe to drive. i mean i live in north phoenix arizona so it doesnt rain that much and does an intake void my warranty on the car? thank you for helping me out

ur ok bro, i have the AEM intake ur carwill be fine in the rain, and as for the whining congratulations on buying an SS/SC the whining is ur supercharger enjoy!
Old 07-08-2007, 02:31 AM

but do you know if this viods the warranty
Old 07-08-2007, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by LotekRider1
but do you know if this viods the warranty

depends on whether your dealership is full of ********* or not, they didnt say anything about mine when i got some stuff checked out. its really up to your dealership.

BTW if u like the whine now, wait until u put a smaller pulley (stage 2) on the SC it screams!