General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

lnf decisions

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lnf decisions

hey whats up guys I have come to some cross roads, I currently own a lsj and ive been wanting to trade it in for a lower millage lnf, the decision ive been trying to make was to either trade in my lsj for a lnf sedan or a lnf coupe...I love the lnf sedan and that's my main choice and ive been looking and there are hard to find and come by...and my second choice would be a lnf coupe...what you guys think I should go for...should I still keep lookin for a sedan or just get a coupe? decisions.....decisions...lol
Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Coupe ftw mind you if they had a four door coupe model I'd be down for it I just don't like the hump in the back ya know lol
Old 02-09-2013, 12:34 AM

How many of these kinds threads do people have to post every week? You're the one that has to drive it, you're the one paying for it, YOU decide which is best for you
Old 02-09-2013, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by 05RLS2
How many of these kinds threads do people have to post every week? You're the one that has to drive it, you're the one paying for it, YOU decide which is best for you
Y does somebody wanting other opinions bother u? I understand its a bit repetative but damn. How hard was it to read what he wrote? Was it really hard enough to make u angry?...

To the OP. im currently in the same boat looking to ttrade my lsj for an lnf. Its hard for me to even find coupes. Its getting frustrating. I dont understand y i can find 20 lsj's with 30,000 miles on them but i cant find one lnf with less than 50,000 miles on it. But back on topic. I say, try and be patient. Weigh ur pro's and cons. I am sortof leaning towards the sedan also because im sick of having no storage space and no easy way for people to get into my car. Id like a sedan because im growing up a but and realize that storage is quite a big deal. I say be patient unless it gets to be rediculous. And dont be afraid to travel an hour or two
Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sedan FTW same motor same potential, but room to move things and ppl withough having to get out your car to let them in, if you barely have ppl in your car like every once in awhile then coupe, sedan if hav a car seat or sumtn but u can always do the car seat n a coupe depending on how often you use your car to move the child. SEDAN cuz i own one to lol.

05RLS2: if opinions bother you then mine might as well: Go have a coke n a smile, then shut the fucc up, if you didnt like the topic y u clilcc on it and y u read it your statement isnt final nor is it important!!!

sedan FTW same motor same potential, but room to move things and ppl withough having to get out your car to let them in, if you barely have ppl in your car like every once in awhile then coupe, sedan if hav a car seat or sumtn but u can always do the car seat n a coupe depending on how often you use your car to move the child. SEDAN cuz i own one to lol.

05RLS2: if opinions bother you then mine might as well: Go have a coke n a smile, then shut the fucc up, if you didnt like the topic y u clicc on it and y u read it your statement isnt final nor is it important!!!

Last edited by Nfamous60; 02-09-2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2013, 01:10 AM

In general LNF. LOL
Old 02-09-2013, 02:13 AM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
If you want to mod keep the lsj.

If you don't want to do much and just want to be happy, get the lnf. But if you do go lnf def hold out for a sedan, those are pretty sweet lol.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 AM

Just turbo swap the lsj

I really don't understand why ppl "upgrade" from an lsj to a LNf

Slap a turbo on the lsj, slap on some brembos and Tc seats if u really wanted and save your self money
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 AM

^^^^ i said that too but he wants a sedan so hard to compare the reasons to own either, just wut he feels he would use more...
Old 02-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Looked for sedan for 4 months in a 300 mile radius and didn't find anything. Settled for a Coupe.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh132
hey whats up guys I have come to some cross roads, I currently own a lsj and ive been wanting to trade it in for a lower millage lnf, the decision ive been trying to make was to either trade in my lsj for a lnf sedan or a lnf coupe...I love the lnf sedan and that's my main choice and ive been looking and there are hard to find and come by...and my second choice would be a lnf coupe...what you guys think I should go for...should I still keep lookin for a sedan or just get a coupe? decisions.....decisions...lol
Sedan is a bit heavier. You decide if back doors are important or not.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 PM

To the people saying, just slap a turbo on the lsj r just ridiculous. If ur using ur cat as a daily, y would u want to do that? Way to much effort and not much cheaper if at all.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Are u implying that a turbo lsj cant be a dd? What difference would there be in dding a lsj-t vs lnf? Either will work fine and its only too much effort for lazy people.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
^Are u implying that a turbo lsj cant be a dd? What difference would there be in dding a lsj-t vs lnf? Either will work fine and its only too much effort for lazy people.
Well lets see. If u buy an lnf with 30,000 miles on it and r happy with a few mods to get around 300hp then it will obviously be a **** load more reliable than a car that was BUILT to handle 205hp with a turbo thrown on it. It would need alot of work to make an lsj turbo not to mention money. Thats not laziness its called common sense. I can keep an lnf relatively stock as apposed to turboing a car that doesnt have the brakes, clutch, suspension, tune etc. to handle the power of that. Thats just my opinion. I wouldnt be able to afford the cost or the time it would take to get my lsj turboed and running right. Its just way to much of a headache. I dont really feel like arguing more about this because its stupid to me.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by C_A_D88
Just turbo swap the lsj

I really don't understand why ppl "upgrade" from an lsj to a LNf

Slap a turbo on the lsj, slap on some brembos and Tc seats if u really wanted and save your self money
im pretty sure a turbo kit+brembos+ tc seats is going to be more expensive than switching to an LNF..even if you do the work yourself. not saying that there's anything wrong with doing that though

Originally Posted by kikal8
To the people saying, just slap a turbo on the lsj r just ridiculous. If ur using ur cat as a daily, y would u want to do that? Way to much effort and not much cheaper if at all.

this
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well lets see. If u buy an lnf with 30,000 miles on it and r happy with a few mods to get around 300hp then it will obviously be a **** load more reliable than a car that was BUILT to handle 205hp with a turbo thrown on it. It would need alot of work to make an lsj turbo not to mention money. Thats not laziness its called common sense. I can keep an lnf relatively stock as apposed to turboing a car that doesnt have the brakes, clutch, suspension, tune etc. to handle the power of that. Thats just my opinion. I wouldnt be able to afford the cost or the time it would take to get my lsj turboed and running right. Its just way to much of a headache. I dont really feel like arguing more about this because its stupid to me.
im not even sure where to start on this, lets see firstly the lsj was built to handle more then 205 hp please dont make stupid statements, also turboing an lsj is not alot of work considering there are complete bolt on kits with instructions to follow. It has been proven that the lsj stops almost as fast as an lnf the brembos aint really that big of a deal, suspenion is 300 bucks new for fe5 tc front and back used ss tc springs are like 60 bucks all of this can be done for cheaper then the cost of an lnf plus upgrades to run a 300+ whp tune on the lnf and the lsj will be making 400 whp now grated going turbo swap is not for everone I myself perfer supercharger but just because ur too lazy to work on ur car dont mean the rest of us are.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:04 PM

im not even sure where to start on this, lets see firstly the lsj was built to handle more then 205 hp please dont make stupid statements, also turboing an lsj is not alot of work considering there are complete bolt on kits with instructions to follow. It has been proven that the lsj stops almost as fast as an lnf the brembos aint really that big of a deal, suspenion is 300 bucks new for fe5 tc front and back used ss tc springs are like 60 bucks all of this can be done for cheaper then the cost of an lnf plus upgrades to run a 300+ whp tune on the lnf and the lsj will be making 400 whp now grated going turbo swap is not for everone I myself perfer supercharger but just because ur too lazy to work on ur car dont mean the rest of us are.
I work on cars for a living. I love working on cars. Im am by no means to lazy to work in my car. I just think its foolish to believe that a low milage, almost stock car is just as reliable as a higher milage car that is HEAVILY modded.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=Vander Nars;6921776]im not even sure where to start on this, lets see firstly the lsj was built to handle more then 205 hp please dont make stupid statements, also turboing an lsj is not alot of work considering there are complete bolt on kits with instructions to follow. It has been proven that the lsj stops almost as fast as an lnf the brembos aint really that big of a deal, suspenion is 300 bucks new for fe5 tc front and back used ss tc springs are like 60 bucks all of this can be done for cheaper then the cost of an lnf plus upgrades to run a 300+ whp tune on the lnf and the lsj will be making 400 whp now grated going turbo swap is not for everone I myself perfer supercharger but just because ur too lazy to work on ur car dont mean the rest of

It's not a lot of work because they have kits that come with instructions??? I understand what your getting at, just how that statemet sounded to me. If it was truly as easy as you make it sound wouldn't everyone just turbo their lsj's? There's more needed than whats in the kit to run a reliable lsj-t set up, just saying.

Op I made the switch from an lsj to an Lnf sedan and couldnt be happier. If you like your lsj you will love an Lnf. Having 4 doors is great and there's not that much of a weight difference between the sedan and coupes, and I don't get any where near the looks and harassment from cops like I did in my vr lsj.

It all comes down to what you want out of the car tbh...
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by nobody2u
Sedan is a bit heavier. You decide if back doors are important or not.
its like 40lbs heavier (which might as well be nothing considering I'm sure us drivers have a greater difference than 40lbs ) and the weight is in the rear more which gives a closer 50/50 weight distrubution on the sedan over the coupe if you want to get really nit-picky lol

stopping distance isnt the only reason the brembos are better. They have a larger surface area rotor and larger pad sweep so they will resist brake fade/warp MUCH better if you repetitively get on the brakes (more-so on the track).. You'll never notice much of it on the street in all honesty

there is also more to the LNF than just its springs in performance.. the axles are stronger, the trans/engine mounts are better, stock clutch holds more, rims are .5" wider.. so its not like you can just take an LSJ and remove the s/c and toss the turbo goods on and have something reliably as good as the LNF unless you upgrade all those little things in there as well (which if you dont feel confident doing yourself or you dont have tools to do it yourself, can get really expensive on its own, namely the clutch).

In April I was deep in a pickle as to whether I wanted to go LSJ or LNF. The four door sealed the deal on getting an LNF in the end as the extra headroom and space is FLIPPING AMAZING (ex LT coupe owner here) but if there was an LSJ sedan ever made I wouldve put some serious thought into buying it at a much cheaper price and turbo swapping it in due time. They are both fun cars. I have ridden and driven both and for the money each is a great buy. LSJ-T's are wonderful for those "built not bought" type personalities, whereas the LNF's are a bit more of a out of the box contender. Depends what your goals are too. I wouldnt really want a 400+whp LSJ-T (or LNF) as you lose a lot of the handling DD ability of the car when all you do is spin for an eternity in lower gears. The potential the LNF has with stock turbo is just about perfect for what I wanted in terms of straight line performance, handling, and reliability at those levels with a minimal about of work to do it. Everyone is different though so just get what you want I dont care.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by padlock
its like 40lbs heavier (which might as well be nothing considering I'm sure us drivers have a greater difference than 40lbs ) and the weight is in the rear more which gives a closer 50/50 weight distrubution on the sedan over the coupe if you want to get really nit-picky lol

stopping distance isnt the only reason the brembos are better. They have a larger surface area rotor and larger pad sweep so they will resist brake fade/warp MUCH better if you repetitively get on the brakes (more-so on the track).. You'll never notice much of it on the street in all honesty

there is also more to the LNF than just its springs in performance.. the axles are stronger, the trans/engine mounts are better, stock clutch holds more, rims are .5" wider.. so its not like you can just take an LSJ and remove the s/c and toss the turbo goods on and have something reliably as good as the LNF unless you upgrade all those little things in there as well (which if you dont feel confident doing yourself or you dont have tools to do it yourself, can get really expensive on its own, namely the clutch).

In April I was deep in a pickle as to whether I wanted to go LSJ or LNF. The four door sealed the deal on getting an LNF in the end as the extra headroom and space is FLIPPING AMAZING (ex LT coupe owner here) but if there was an LSJ sedan ever made I wouldve put some serious thought into buying it at a much cheaper price and turbo swapping it in due time. They are both fun cars. I have ridden and driven both and for the money each is a great buy. LSJ-T's are wonderful for those "built not bought" type personalities, whereas the LNF's are a bit more of a out of the box contender. Depends what your goals are too. I wouldnt really want a 400+whp LSJ-T (or LNF) as you lose a lot of the handling DD ability of the car when all you do is spin for an eternity in lower gears. The potential the LNF has with stock turbo is just about perfect for what I wanted in terms of straight line performance, handling, and reliability at those levels with a minimal about of work to do it. Everyone is different though so just get what you want I dont care.
thank u for jumping in and understanding what i was saying. i would like nothing more than to be able to have an insanely quick, turboed lsj but it just wouldnt make sense for me in any way. i would have the car unable to be driven for... god idk. probably more than a week. because id probably do the clutch, suspension, and turbo kit all at once. basically.. im saying i have to be able to get to work. my second issue would be that... it wouldnt be any cheaper for me to even do that... i dont get how it would be cheaper unless u already own ur lsj maybe. but i still owe around 7500$ on mine. so if i sell it for, idk. 9k id have 1500$ to put towards an lnf. which i can find for somewhere around 15k with 30,000ish miles. so id be financing a loan for 13,500$ plus tax and whatever else.

but if im going to just turbo my lsj. i have to come up with the 6 grand or so up front or take out ANOTHER loan. i sure as hell wouldnt be able to take out another loan and for me to save up 6 grand is just not really possible.

SO!! although it would be badass and i would like to turbo my lsj, i just dont think i could afford to do it money wise or time wise. i hope that u guys can get my point and understand that it just doesnt make sense to most people to turbo an lsj.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 PM

thank u for jumping in and understanding what i was saying. i would like nothing more than to be able to have an insanely quick, turboed lsj but it just wouldnt make sense for me in any way. i would have the car unable to be driven for... god idk. probably more than a week. because id probably do the clutch, suspension, and turbo kit all at once. basically.. im saying i have to be able to get to work. my second issue would be that... it wouldnt be any cheaper for me to even do that... i dont get how it would be cheaper unless u already own ur lsj maybe. but i still owe around 7500$ on mine. so if i sell it for, idk. 9k id have 1500$ to put towards an lnf. which i can find for somewhere around 15k with 30,000ish miles. so id be financing a loan for 13,500$ plus tax and whatever else.

but if im going to just turbo my lsj. i have to come up with the 6 grand or so up front or take out ANOTHER loan. i sure as hell wouldnt be able to take out another loan and for me to save up 6 grand is just not really possible.

SO!! although it would be badass and i would like to turbo my lsj, i just dont think i could afford to do it money wise or time wise. i hope that u guys can get my point and understand that it just doesnt make sense to most people to turbo an lsj.
im with you man. people always say "just turbo the LSJ" like its no big deal
Old 02-09-2013, 11:01 PM

thank you to everyone for your thoughts and answers, the main reason I am searching for a sedan more is cause I can go for the extra room more, and I have my son so I could really benefit from the four doors, and plus im taking care of my friends sedan (nfamous) and I fell in love on how it handled and performed and not to mention the extra room it has haha
Old 02-09-2013, 11:50 PM

^^^^ lol enjoy it man, guess i corrupted your frame of mind. we'l hunt a sedan down 4 u bro no prob.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 PM

^^got some carsitting going on? lol
Old 02-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
I vote coupe but im biased. I dont really like the way the Sedans look.

Quick Reply: lnf decisions