General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Looking for advice new ldk

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for advice new ldk

Alright so recently I dropped a new ldk motor in my car along with a few other extras. The issue I am having is occasional misfires that cannot be felt or heard but read on my interceptor, and fuel trims running between -14 to -7 depending on the day. I now have about 400 miles or so on the new ldk and I am trifecta tuned have been for a long time. Which will soon be hpt

Mods
Ldk swap
K04r
Forge Atmospheric bpv
Open injectors
Injen cp
Treadstone lower cp
Treadstone cai
Zzp catless dp
Zzp intercooler
Running stock plugs at .32
Ottp stage trans mounts
Ottp short throw shifter
Ottp cap and lateral bushings
Aeroforce interceptor

Right now I'm getting occasional misfires sometimes it's while cruising and other times it's after shifting gears but that's about the only rhym or reason I can attribute it to. I'm not throwing a code or able to hear or feel it. Also when I go to the misfire section of the interceptor guage menu where it lists cyl 1-8 the values never change from xxx which seems odd to me when it's showing it on the scan function...

I've been dealing with trifecta for a long time and have never had any issues with their tunes but just before the ldk swap I installed the k04r, I blew a ring on the old motor as I received the update which prompted me to get a new motor. After getting the new ldk swapped out along with with the new opel injectors and lower cp I did a data log and sent it to trifecta. Trifecta told me everything is running great and there is no adjustments needed. Which to me seems wrong considering before, when I received their update I had just installed the k04r on the lnf and was still on stock injectors and stock lower cp. I was told I needed no adjustments for the new motor. This just doesn't seem right to me considering the ldk has a slightly higher compression and I added bigger injectors to to mix. I kind of feel like trifecta is just not willing to adjust my tune to where it needs to be past a generic canned tune but I'm not sure yet.

I'm looking for advise on where to go, what to look for, and where look next. First I want to get these misfires cleared up before they create any problems and then get my fuel trims in check whether they go hand in hand I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I get random knock retard on partial throttle that varies between 2.1 and 5.5 sometimes I get 0 and other times I get varying degrees of kr. What is acceptable and what is not?
Old 03-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I wouldn't go more than 3° of kr. And yeah ditch trifecta fast man, just with the turbo itself you needed to get a new tune and you added bigger injectors. Go hpt and I'm sure most if not all your problems will go away
Old 03-22-2016, 11:37 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My car was tuned in trifecta and after getting my local trifecta dealer to download a log reader I immediately got him to remove my tune and flash me back to stock.

Steven at trifecta said my log of 4* knock at WOT was normal and that, and I quote "all lnfs knock at wot" not to mention my trims were fucked and I had a terrible lean out up top.

Told me the tune was fine and needed no alterations.

Went with term2 on hpt and couldn't be happier, car ran 100% better no knock at wot and perfect trims.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:59 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
E69 cars don't all knock; they knock when fuel is off lol.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Snail_SS
I wouldn't go more than 3° of kr. And yeah ditch trifecta fast man, just with the turbo itself you needed to get a new tune and you added bigger injectors. Go hpt and I'm sure most if not all your problems will go away
I'm saving for hpt now. Dealing with trifecta and the last couple months has been nothing more than frustration. Their telling me now it's the hardware causing these "quirks" as they put it because the tune is fine... Everything is brand new so I don't see it being the hardware
Old 03-23-2016, 08:46 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by droppindboost
I'm saving for hpt now. Dealing with trifecta and the last couple months has been nothing more than frustration. Their telling me now it's the hardware causing these "quirks" as they put it because the tune is fine... Everything is brand new so I don't see it being the hardware
Where in Florida are you?
Old 03-23-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Sounds like they didn't adjust for the opels if your trims are -7 to -14

Get your stock tune back on there and pay blueLNFftw to put a hptune on your car.
The following users liked this post:
blueLNFftw (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by blueLNFftw
I am in nwf near destin and Panama City area
Old 03-23-2016, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by blueLNFftw
Where are you located I'm willing to make a trip