General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

May 3 Production Holds

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May 3 Production Holds

This comes from the WHEELS leasing page which includes all vehicles available in North Americia:
Cobalt:
Availability is limited for Premium speaker system (UQ3).
1AL37 is on Hold until further notice .
Air bags, side head curtain (ASF) is on hold until further notice.
Sunroof (CF5) is on hold until further notice.
If I can figure out how to post the link, I will.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:10 PM

http://www.wheels.com/fleet/referenc...mbly_lines.asp
Old 05-03-2005, 06:56 PM

i dont know if that right ,iv been going by this website...

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html

and the holds that are on the one you showed from other cars to this website some are diferent. One website says a car is on hold when the other one says none so who the hell knows wihc one is right
Old 05-03-2005, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by laborsmith
This comes from the WHEELS leasing page which includes all vehicles available in North Americia:
Cobalt:
If I can figure out how to post the link, I will.

And of course, I would be the one with a 1AL37 with both CF5 and UQ3 ordered. Doh!

I figure it's more and more likely I'm going to get a 2006 Cobalt instead of an '05.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:23 PM

Question: I also have 1AL37 ordered but what exactly does 1AL37 represent? Sunroof?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Frenstall
Question: I also have 1AL37 ordered but what exactly does 1AL37 represent? Sunroof?
1al37 is an LS coupe... ak is a base coupe and ap is an ss/sc
Old 05-03-2005, 08:36 PM

Well I think Chevy just made the decision for me on my SS/sc

I had a sunroof, side air bags, and the Pioneer in my order...... and a 6-8 week lead time puts production of the car at the end of June, and delivery the end of July, SORRY I'm not waiting 10 months for a compact sport car, come on its not a 911 twin turbo! Chevy has just lost a loyal customer, and negative word of mouth is dangerous to a biz, and can bring the largest companies down. Chevy should have never advertised the SS/sc.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Archplsm
Well I think Chevy just made the decision for me on my SS/sc

I had a sunroof, side air bags, and the Pioneer in my order...... and a 6-8 week lead time puts production of the car at the end of June, and delivery the end of July, SORRY I'm not waiting 10 months for a compact sport car, come on its not a 911 twin turbo! Chevy has just lost a loyal customer, and negative word of mouth is dangerous to a biz, and can bring the largest companies down. Chevy should have never advertised the SS/sc.
ok one question does the pioneer extra with the SS\sc or is it standered because on my contract the only codes i got on there are...lsj,mm5 1sa and a cf5:S
Old 05-03-2005, 10:12 PM

pioneer stereo is standard

mine got built yesterday
Old 05-03-2005, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by carbombss
pioneer stereo is standard

mine got built yesterday
grat so its going to be on hold! cuz of the radio!!!!! they are suspsoe to start to build it may 9th so this monday
Old 05-03-2005, 10:24 PM

It's all kinda silly actually. The dealers want your bussiness so they order one for you but the GM plant only discloses to the dealer where your order on the car is once per week. So everyone is in the dark on what is going on here!!!! My salesman called yesterday to say that my order was preferenced yesterday and that they are only allocated three SS/SC models this year and one of them is mine!!!!! So unless there is an unforseen catastrophic event, my car will be built and I'll get it..............sometime!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by betterthanbad
It's all kinda silly actually. The dealers want your bussiness so they order one for you but the GM plant only discloses to the dealer where your order on the car is once per week. So everyone is in the dark on what is going on here!!!! My salesman called yesterday to say that my order was preferenced yesterday and that they are only allocated three SS/SC models this year and one of them is mine!!!!! So unless there is an unforseen catastrophic event, my car will be built and I'll get it..............sometime!!!!

this is pure ****... i can order a ferrari and get it in less time then iv been waiting for this SS... like **** GM if you knew there ws going to be this much problem why not let off on it for a year... all your doing is making a bad name for your self now... just showing you cant put out demand when it comes too it... **** i can go order a mazda 3 and get it b4 i even get my ss by june... i can get a porsche faster then i can get an ss and the ss is not even a high class car... im so fed up with GM right now every week there a new hold on this car... like **** man... then ppl wonder wy so many pl are goign to imports these days...

swear if they dont start to build it by MAY 9th like i was told im done with this car can go get the SRT or mazda 6
Old 05-03-2005, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by plyboy-illest
this is pure ****... i can order a ferrari and get it in less time then iv been waiting for this SS... like **** GM if you knew there ws going to be this much problem why not let off on it for a year... all your doing is making a bad name for your self now... just showing you cant put out demand when it comes too it... **** i can go order a mazda 3 and get it b4 i even get my ss by june... i can get a porsche faster then i can get an ss and the ss is not even a high class car... im so fed up with GM right now every week there a new hold on this car... like **** man... then ppl wonder wy so many pl are goign to imports these days...

swear if they dont start to build it by MAY 9th like i was told im done with this car can go get the SRT or mazda 6
dnt get me wrong, i do love this car, im a GM guy for life every car my family has owned has been a gm other then the Audi i own every other cars been a GM but come on its so hard to deal with this **** when you have been waiting for 6 motnhs for a car.... i maan i love the SS but how much can you put up with b4 you give up and go import
Old 05-03-2005, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by plyboy-illest

True Dat
Old 05-03-2005, 10:51 PM

It's almost as bad as getting out of school and getting a job. They'll give you the job if you have the expierience but you can't get the expierience if you don't have the job!!!WTF is that all about
Old 05-03-2005, 10:54 PM

Exclamation

[QUOTE=laborsmith]This comes from the WHEELS leasing page which includes all vehicles available in North Americia:
Cobalt:
Sunroof (CF5) is on hold until further notice.................

(FIGURES..my son's LS Coupe w/sunroof was sced. to be built 5/3 whoknows.. call dealer on weds. Shame, all incentives are over 6-30-05...Chev can really efff up a good thing.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by betterthanbad
It's almost as bad as getting out of school and getting a job. They'll give you the job if you have the expierience but you can't get the expierience if you don't have the job!!!WTF is that all about
It's soo true!!! I work in retail though, but when I get my major I'm a little worried about that. It's an evil spiral of death.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Vendian
It's soo true!!! I work in retail though, but when I get my major I'm a little worried about that. It's an evil spiral of death.
Well, you know what they say............It's not how good you can play, it's being in the right place at the right time and who you know and it doesn't hurt to be good looking too!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=bobd1950]
Originally Posted by laborsmith
Cobalt:
Sunroof (CF5) is on hold until further notice.................

(FIGURES..my son's LS Coupe w/sunroof was sced. to be built 5/3 whoknows.. call dealer on weds. Shame, all incentives are over 6-30-05...Chev can really efff up a good thing.
In the long run, GM will have new incentives and if you don't drive off the lot first, you automatically get them. Who knows, you might look back and say you were lucky this happened. And when the car finally comes, you'll forget all about the waiting.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:22 PM

i don't understand y the hold all of a sudden... how many people on here have them already, the red ones were out 1st, then the blue ones, and theres a few other colors out too, yet now, all of a sudden, they r on hold... my car was built on 4/6, yet is being held, i'll find out tomorrow if its being released, or held longer... we got a red one in yesterday, that we were 'owed' from the auto show, i noticed it was built in feb, so its been around a while... 8 months and waiting for mine, good thing i didin't need a car...
Old 05-04-2005, 01:04 AM

well then go buy another car if you think thats what you want to do... But If you are settling for a car you really do not want because of how long it is taking to get the one you want I would not buy another car because of this personally.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:40 PM

My car was built yesterday, and it had a sunroof and the pioneer system.

I went to the dealer today and my guy wasn't in yet, I left him a voicemail, he's going to look it up and call me back, Ill let you know. I know it's says the 3rd, but mine was built on the second and I feared after reading this that mine may have suffered as a result of this. I hope not, but either way Im waiting.

I'll let you know what he says.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:50 PM

Everyone that complains about GM not making the SS quick enough and teasing with ads is crazy. There werent many if any ads directly for the SS, Chevy is pushing the base models much more, and with good reason... many more people will buy a base than the SS. Just becuase getting an SS is in your best intrest doesnt mean its in Chevy's to worry about the SS more than the other models. The other models will sell much faster and in much larger QTY. Its common business sense... the people who want the top of the line will come on their own its the people with an 18k dollar budget you need to convince.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:07 AM

Give it time, it will all come.

Brett you check out the yellow one at al serra? Came in like 4 days ago. Its pretty sweet, just not a fan of the color.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:45 PM

besides theres no more hold on the sunroofs they are comin soon.

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html

Quick Reply: May 3 Production Holds