General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Meth Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meth Kit Question

Hello. I have Stage 2 cobalt lsj. Was looking at getting a meth kit. I have a local tuner so it will be tuned if I do. Any ideas on the HP gains ? Thank you for any help. Appreciated
Old 01-04-2018, 10:49 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by 05CobaltSSC
Hello. I have Stage 2 cobalt lsj. Was looking at getting a meth kit. I have a local tuner so it will be tuned if I do. Any ideas on the HP gains ? Thank you for any help. Appreciated
Stages don't really represent any information of value other than what tier the kit is with a specific supplier. If you let us know the pulley size and any other mods that help the car breath or cool the charge that will tell us more. The best way to tell what kind of gains you can expect is to ask your tuner were he has your ignition timing advance set and were it actually runs when you go wide open throttle. Injecting methanol is a way to make your car run to it's potential like it would with race gas or E85 but with regular pump gas. If you have a hot setup and are having to pull a lot of timing so that it won't knock on pump gas you have a lot to gain from injecting methanol. If your setup is running close to 24 degrees of ignition timing advance already, methanol isn't going to gain you much.
The following users liked this post:
KMO43 (01-04-2018)