General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Need windshield measurements -->

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need windshield measurements -->

Hey guys, can someone go out and measure the Cobalt windshield for us?
We are trying to make some decals and we need this info please:

What I'd need for the banner is for somebody to get me the correct curvature. You do this by taking some masking tape and laying it across the top of the windshield so that at the edges of the windshield weather stripping the tape just butts into the weather stripping. As it goes across the windshield the tape will cover the weather stripping. Depending how curved it is will depend on how much gets covered. Then what I'd need is a measurement of the width of where the tape butts into the weather stripping on each end and then in the exact center of the windshield, how far it is from the top of the tape to where the weatherstripping and windshield meet. This will give me a good measurement of the width of the windshield and then also how much it "dips" to allow me to make the correct cuve
and

Also, have you been able to get me a correct curvature for the windshield yet for these cars? Meaning, how wide and how much of a "dip" is there in the center if you lay like a roll of paper over the windshield and put the top edge in the corners, how far down does the windshield go in the center? If you can get this for me I can make professional banners for you as opposed to the "generic" ones that don't curve properly! If you do this, make sure the paper lays FLAT to be as accurate as possible!

Also let us know what you want fonts you like and post examples.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonelZ
Hey guys, can someone go out and measure the Cobalt windshield for us?
We are trying to make some decals and we need this info please:

and

Also let us know what you want fonts you like and post examples.
i already have one but if u need to make measurements i can...if u want me to measure mine cuz its a real good one.if u got aol im me- ihavewhiteeyes
Old 05-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by co-yellow-balt
i already have one but if u need to make measurements i can...if u want me to measure mine cuz its a real good one.if u got aol im me- ihavewhiteeyes

Yea, can you measure the windshield please?
Do you have any pics of yours?
Old 05-07-2005, 07:44 PM

yes yes i do lemme get them for you
Old 05-07-2005, 07:47 PM

Old 05-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Site Founder

Looks good, did you get to measure?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Premium Member

Measured from 6" down it is 46.25" wide (Don't know about other states, but in FL you're not allowed more than 6" down from the top of the windshield and will get a ticket depending on how **** the cop is). The apex of the curve at the top is 7/8" (0.875" for their computer) and that was measured with a peice of masking tape to help compensate for the convex shape of the windshield. The windshield on the Cobalts is rather flat compared to other vehicles I have installed graphics on. The production department at my former employer's never took into account the curvature so I always had to make it curve properly when I installed the graphics. If the sign shop your going through is asking for this, are they hiring?

Also, my friend in Atlanta at his sign shop says that he should recieve a computer template for the Cobalt on Monday, so he can make custom-fit graphics if anyone is interested.