General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

New car - Badgirl Cobalt is no more

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New car - Badgirl Cobalt is no more

Hey there everyone,
so most of you know but some may not...the badgirl cobalt is now owned by a family is Virginia...i sold it and it left last week... ihave moved on to a new car...2010 2,0T genesis.

So far the car is amazing...much better quality then the cobalt...sorry guys you know i love you all but im just stating that i think the interior is a lot better then that of the balt..owning both i must say that i definately got a way better deal with hyundai...they also offer coverage on the wheels and tires if i dent a rim or pop a tire...and they replace the key fobs as well.

the car is push start, has bluetooth and ipod capabilities, sunroof, dual exhaust, RWD, 2.0 turbo, 2 toned interior, handling is amazing as well. Also comes with XM and infinity sound system.

here are pics...my fiance also has one..3.8V6 track, his has navigation and few other extras (fog lights and turn signals in the mirrors, high spoiler, brembo brakes)

my car is the aqua mineral blue and his is gunmetal...the camera sucks but i will take better pics soon
Old 09-16-2010, 08:54 PM

nice color!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks nice!! haha a family bought the crazy cobalt u built? lol wtf is a family going to do with it haha
Old 09-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha funny you bought that i almost bought a red one cause my buddy rhys millen races for them and he switched from a solstice to a new genesis but man i love my lil ss/tc really nice cars tho dunno if i woulda gotten the 4 or 6 cylinder tho but you guys bought both nice deal!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:08 PM

yea i used to work at jet performance in hb and his shop rmr is right behind it i used to walk over every day and get a free redbull and he always hooked me up with car parts got me my new enkei pf01s for a super good price lol my buddy works for dsport magazine and i think they did a test n tune on the 2.0t a few months ago so you gonna start carrying genesis parts too?lol
Old 09-16-2010, 09:10 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Nice.

I keep wanting to ditch my Cobalt too, yet for some odd reason it's still parked in the driveway as we speak.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:13 PM

nice car but i hate new yorks new plates. im going to hate it when i have to renew mine next year.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member

Nice upgrade, congrats. Any plans on the genesis?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM

well kenny and i broke up last year...so my involvement in CA has kind of deminished. i still try and help but he is a fcking nightmare to try and help out and i think he is pissed off i got engaged. ive tried for so long and he just never appreciated my help which i did for free...finally it got to the point where i was like, i dont have to do this because he just didnt care so i backed away and let him and his new gf handle it. he replaced a 6 yr relationship with me in 7 days and moved the girl right in. so i kind of have been doing my own thing. not to mention that when i sold my car he wanted 9 grand from me saying he did my labor for free on my car.. ugh im getting into it too much...lol

but seriously if u had contact with rhys...my fiance would **** himself to talk to him...he idolizes him lol
Old 09-16-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Stetson
nice car but i hate new yorks new plates. im going to hate it when i have to renew mine next year.
i kept my old NY plates..soon the car will have 1badg1rl plates..i just couldnt transfer them yet because i let my registration lapse.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Premium Member

I know got a few buddies w/ these 1 has the 4cyl tc model & the other has the v6, Definately nice cars. Interior is slick & rwd is always fun but they get walked on all day by my lnf there for I would rather have my car then one of those but still nice cars all in all.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 PM

my plans...
injen intake - obviously lol
downpipe
new grills
adding fogs
rims (next summer)
not sure which exhaust yet
but other then that im not going too nuts, there are parts out there but im saving for a house... and

because i want to add the baby seat mod soon,,...hint hint. lol
Old 09-16-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by badg1rl
do u know ryhs seriously...my fiance is semi obsessed. LOL
shhhh

yeah we bought both so if we feel like switching off we could. i would have gotten the 3.8 if it came in a color i wanted. i toyed with getting the rspec but dammit they also came is just white , black or red...i just couldnt stomach those colors.
so.. i downgraded to a cheaper model and i will just mod....ya know cuz thats how i do. lol

yeah a family...moreso an older guy bought the car for his wife. they dont know wtf they are doing either and practically destroyed the rear of the car in under 5 minutes of having the fcking car.
that sucks was a gorgeous car!

congrats on the new car tho!!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Banned

I think you will regret that decision in the long run.

Hyundai is one of those companies that make themselves look good on paper, but as time goes on, the truth will emerge. Hyundai/Kia has had a rapid ascent to success, namely due to its cheap prices, generous trade in offers, and extended warranties. They have had a flock of first time buyers, all thinking they are getting such a great deal. But that success comes at an expense, and its in the engineering, the parts you don't see. There is no possible way they can offer the quality in the design, powertrain, interior, and chassis and still charge such low prices. The money gets accounted for somewhere, and as they say, beauty is only skin deep.

The later model Hyundais are just starting to show up in the shops, and they are needing nothing short of substantial repair work. And the majority of the parts need to come straight from Hyundai, which in many cases means Korea. Not only that, but its obvious from the design that the people engieering these vehicles are fresh engineering students with little experience. They are a pain to work on and service, and very poorly engineered overall.

As for quality, don't kid yourself. The Genesis interior is par for the class, which is one class above the Cobalt, but its nothing stellar. They are already having problems with the turbo engines (cheap Korean parts, little experience in building F/I engines) as well as the transmissions. One look at the Genesis forum can verify that.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 PM

wtf?? you're prego too???????
Old 09-16-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by badg1rl
well kenny and i broke up last year...so my involvement in CA has kind of deminished. i still try and help but he is a fcking nightmare to try and help out and i think he is pissed off i got engaged. ive tried for so long and he just never appreciated my help which i did for free...finally it got to the point where i was like, i dont have to do this because he just didnt care so i backed away and let him and his new gf handle it. he replaced a 6 yr relationship with me in 7 days and moved the girl right in. so i kind of have been doing my own thing. not to mention that when i sold my car he wanted 9 grand from me saying he did my labor for free on my car.. ugh im getting into it too much...lol

but seriously if u had contact with rhys...my fiance would **** himself to talk to him...he idolizes him lol
haha send me an email and ill see what i can do or at least get you an autographed poster sent livinglegendofhb@yahoo.com
Old 09-16-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Glowbalt
wtf?? you're prego too???????
noooooo not yet. LOL not for at least another year...im 30 yrs old ...so its time.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by 09sscalicobalt
haha send me an email and ill see what i can do or at least get you an autographed poster sent livinglegendofhb@yahoo.com
can i PM you????
The following users liked this post:
James Nolen (11-28-2018)
Old 09-16-2010, 09:50 PM

haha or that lol

heres his new website btw

Rhys Millen Racing - Store - Rhys Millen Racing
Old 09-16-2010, 09:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Stetson
They match the Chevy bowtie. Personally I think they look better than the old plates, at least on a victory red Cobalt.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:12 AM

being from the island ive seen the old cobalt, very nice.... may i ask how much u got for it all done up with all that engine work, interior work, etc...
Old 09-17-2010, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by 09sscalicobalt
haha or that lol

heres his new website btw

Rhys Millen Racing - Store - Rhys Millen Racing
I saw this result on the stage 3 Genesis V6 3.8 GT (306HP) for Willow Track:
Time Attack! - Car News - RoadandTrack.com

Stage 3
The final stage would bring about the greatest increase in confidence, and as if you didn't know this already, confidence is a huge contributor to speed. Our merely adequate stock brakes were supplanted by a serious system from Stoptech ($3900), featuring 14.0-in. front and 13.8-in. rear discs, monobloc 6-piston front and 4-piston rear calipers and stainless-steel brake lines. Our 19-in. wheels were downsized to lighter 18s and were wrapped in Toyo's aggressive R1R rubber (245/40R-18 front, 265/35R-18 rear), elevating our grip levels to highs I've never before experienced in a Genesis. It was undeniably a different car.

With Redline's Time Attack format limiting each round to five laps (including a warm-up and cool-down lap), time was now in a bitter death match with my learning curve. With each lap came a gradual increase in corner entry speed and later braking, delivering with it that pleasure that comes from finding your groove behind the wheel.

My last lap became my fastest lap of the day, a final triumph over time (as well as a couple of competitors) and a victory for Millen's team — mainly because I returned their car in one piece.
Best Lap Time: 1:39.9.

I have run that track a million times in my 944T. I'll just say this...My Cobalt SS on those tires would run min 135 NO PROBLEM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:05 AM

These cars are fantastic and I know buschur racing makes parts for the 2.0 genesis coupe. The motor shares a lot of parts with the new Evo X, although the blocks are made differently. I believe the genesis is cast block while the Evo is forged.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:07 AM

traitor jk nice upgrade
Old 09-17-2010, 09:22 AM

So let me get this **** straight. First. He almost gets you shot in mexico then your golf cart breaks down thennn asks you to marry him and already maken you drive a korean car. :facepalm:

Quick Reply: New car - Badgirl Cobalt is no more