General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

New and have a few Qs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New and have a few Qs?

I recently bought an 05 cobalt ss. It has 50k miles on it, I have a few questions. The cd deck I notice when the car is off and the key is out is winding and clicking which is wierd anyone had this happen to them. And my boost gauge doesn't work. Would it be the gauge or a sensor? I also notice a lot when im at a stop and shift into 1st it has a little grind when it catches. Im going to change the tranny oil to 75w 90 max gear royal purple, and the fuel filter. I already change sparkplugs to ngk copper core, and did an oil and filter change. the airfilter seemed new. Does anyone know where to change the cabin air filter?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Sorry can't answer any of your questions but
Welcome to the wonderful world of Cobalt!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by marcwo
yes it does; its behind the glove box. If you open the glove box and push the sides of the tray in, you can pull it out so that you can reach where the filter goes. Oh and by the way, if you dont have an ac delco store near you, you have to buy it straight from GM. Costs like 15-20 dollars.
^cabin air filter.

Never had the clicking noise. Sounds like someone beat on your car if its grinding. First gear is usually not synchroed with the rest very closely, im not sure about our cars. Try double clutching as well as bleeding your clutch.