General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

"Rice"

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Rice"

Recently I posted on the fact that I cut off my muffler on my 2.4L SS, and replaced it with a straight pipe, and kept the original tip.

These forums were to post what people do to theire car's, and to let others know.

Well, between some of the idiots calling it "rice"....I want everybody to elaborate on what "rice" is.

Technicaly, those of you who call me or my car "Rice", are quite the little hippocrit.

I know alot of you have neons, or LED's....well, civics have them, so thats rice.

I know alot of you changed the rims, so that must be rice too.

An Intake? Rice
Headers? Yup...

Or the Magnaflow Exhaust.....well hell, thats pretty higher pitched...so thats rice as well..

Lowering kits? yup
Body Kits? Hells yes
NOS? Uh huh...

Those of you who want to turbocharge your cars? Yes

So, to call my car rice, is to actualy call your car rice...

the 2.0L SS/SC...guess what? youve got a big wing...so your ricey too!

So, to all of you who call others cars "Rice", think about it...these cars are DOMESTICATED Ricers....

So, please...stop with the crap, because pretty much anything you do to your car is considered rice.

/flame on
Old 11-21-2006, 05:39 PM

I think rice is some thing that was done half ass.

I dont think taking your muffler off is rice if you do it the way you did it (replacing the tip)
Hey srt-4 guys do it.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:42 PM

I always classified 'rice' as doing something to a car to make it look fast when it isnt... but thats just me
Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM

^^^I agree^^^
Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM

Rice is pointless mods that do nothing for performance, cuting off your muffler is RICE. Replacing it is not.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:55 PM

ENOUGH with the rice posts. Rice is the most over used term in the history of cars.

DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU DID TO YOUR CAR? If so then screw everyone else and be happy.

calling rice is rice.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
rice has nothing to do with "non performance mods"

Do you consider a nice clean new paintjob rice?
how about window tint?

enough with this attitude about "if it doesnt make you go faster" bullshit.

Rice is crap mods that are obviously k-mart'ed unfinished or fake.

Keep in mind MOD doesnt always mean performance.

there are people who do things to customize their car to make it look better to them.
if its done PROPERLY and suits the car then that is NOT rice.

Rice is a stupid overused buzz word and makes you sound just as stupid as calling someone a "noob"
Old 11-21-2006, 06:02 PM

I'm gunna make a new saying that your car is Corn! Because it's a domestic and will make a lot of since.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by LSCobaltlover05
I always classified 'rice' as doing something to a car to make it look fast when it isnt... but thats just me
i agree with this guy
Old 11-21-2006, 06:08 PM

MAybe the moderators should ban the word "rice",

and i agree Calling someone rice makes you just look like an idiot just admit it that your car is basically an import with a chevy bowtie
Old 11-21-2006, 06:10 PM

I have never heard/seen your car so i cant comment on you personally, but i can elaborate on what rice means to me. If you like the way your car sounds then who cares what other people think?

1) Having an obnoxious sounding exhaust that sounds like a "fart" and can be heard a mile away. Especially if the car is not a fast car.

2) Having more money in "accessories" than you do in your performance. This includes but is not limited to stickers, vinyls, do-it-yourself body kits, excessive neon, cheap spoilers, stick-on hood scoops and useless performance parts such as "turbonators" or "can" mufflers.

3) It can also be a state of mind, not just a modding strategy. People who overestimate horsepower, talk about there "buddies car who could own you", do ricer fly-bys, or insult other peoples cars can be considered rice.

In regard to parts, the term rice can only apply to AFTERMARKET parts. So a factory hood scoop or factory spoiler cannot be considered rice.

Real performance modifications such as aftermarket lowering kits (not just cut springs), catback exhaust systems, forced induction, intake, headers, nitrous, etc cannot be called rice because they have a legitimate affect on some aspect of performance.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
rice has nothing to do with "non performance mods"

Do you consider a nice clean new paintjob rice?
how about window tint?

enough with this attitude about "if it doesnt make you go faster" bullshit.

Rice is crap mods that are obviously k-mart'ed unfinished or fake.

Keep in mind MOD doesnt always mean performance.

there are people who do things to customize their car to make it look better to them.
if its done PROPERLY and suits the car then that is NOT rice.

Rice is a stupid overused buzz word and makes you sound just as stupid as calling someone a "noob"
could not agree more
Old 11-21-2006, 06:19 PM

Ok let me explaing since you got your panties in a bunch because someone called your car rice. These are imo also.

1. A car that is halfasses, and rigged to work.
2. A car that is not tastefully done i.e huge aluminum wing, underglow, etc
3. No tastefull mods, I.e. DOESNT FLOW, or look clean.
4. All show, no go

Of course there a many other's, just search google and you will find out, i will admitt i have some parts on my car that some people might consider rice, i.e my carbon fiber hood and trunk which i believe flows really well with my car and theme, and also my aam" 3inch exhaust with fart can which is getting changed out to a magnaflow muffler.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:24 PM

rice is an opinion. yes my park bench spoiler is rice. i hate it but its not something that i have to change. i dont think cutting off your muffler and strait piping it is rice, i think its retarded.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:35 PM

I guess my car is pretty rice because I have a bunch of stuff to enchance my driving experience. My Ls is plenty fast for me, I dont need a speeding ticket in High school my insurance is bad enough. Call me rice but I just dont give a **** lol

The only thing I consider rice is when people do **** thats just ridiclous, Like installing body kits or spoilers without painting them. I pass a yellow civic everyday with one of those terminator wings and a front bumper still primed from like months ago
Old 11-21-2006, 07:30 PM

I always thought rice was an Asian cuisine dish.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:38 PM

omg, these rice threads are starting to become as popular as the...."Is there a turbo for the 2.2?" threads lol
Old 11-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

rice -

cars that are all show and no go but still try to race.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TCarter
Recently I posted on the fact that I cut off my muffler on my 2.4L SS, and replaced it with a straight pipe, and kept the original tip.

These forums were to post what people do to theire car's, and to let others know.

Well, between some of the idiots calling it "rice"....I want everybody to elaborate on what "rice" is.

Technicaly, those of you who call me or my car "Rice", are quite the little hippocrit.

I know alot of you have neons, or LED's....well, civics have them, so thats rice.

I know alot of you changed the rims, so that must be rice too.

An Intake? Rice
Headers? Yup...

Or the Magnaflow Exhaust.....well hell, thats pretty higher pitched...so thats rice as well..

Lowering kits? yup
Body Kits? Hells yes
NOS? Uh huh...

Those of you who want to turbocharge your cars? Yes

So, to call my car rice, is to actualy call your car rice...

the 2.0L SS/SC...guess what? youve got a big wing...so your ricey too!

So, to all of you who call others cars "Rice", think about it...these cars are DOMESTICATED Ricers....

So, please...stop with the crap, because pretty much anything you do to your car is considered rice.

/flame on
RICH IS **** DONE HALF ASSED!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:26 AM

i dont see how taking off the only restriction in your exhaust is rice as long as you replaced it with new pipe. now, if you had a 2.2, and cut off your muffler thats a different story, and if it sounds like ****, or you didnt replace it you just took a saw to it, then thats pretty lame. but if you have an ss with 2.5 exhaust and its being restricted by the muffler and you replace it with a straight pipe..then i dont see whats wrong with it.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by TCarter
Mine is fairly deep, so thats a pretty broad statement.........They put exhaust on cars for a reason, and they have been doing it for a very long time now so im sure its the way to go.....
Old 11-22-2006, 03:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as long as it sounds good i dont see anything wrong with it....the muffler is the most restricted part of the exhaust, not the piping....so just changing the muffler or striaght piping it can help with flow, sometimes it sounds bad....but some cars sound good with striaght pipes(mostly v8s though....) The term "rice" gets used so often, even when there is nothing ricey about a car.... non performance mods do help a car too.... suspension, big brake kits, rims, low pro tires....etc..... but the car should look good too.....body kits, wings, lights,tint...etc..... but when it is overdone or looks like ****, then its rice....when people have an old rusty car with fade paint, then put a body kit on it, fart can, huge wing, rims.... it just looks and sounds like ****...... but if the car is done right, it can look good, even a civic.....even though i hate them....
Old 11-22-2006, 05:23 AM

Granted I understand what TCarter is talking about but I will say that asking a question of "what is rice?" is a pointless and worthless question cause it's full of opinions.

Fact of the matter, there is a no defenition for what "rice" is. It's an ignorant word that stems from a word given to depict Asians in a negative fashion (in a racist manner).

Everyone will give their opinion, rice is this, rice is that, bla bla bla...honestly, does it even matter? You did what you did cause it's your car and thats what you wanted to do. If people have a problem with what you did, that's tough **** and they need to get over it or find another hobby. It's one thing to think to yourself "not my cup of tea" and another to use an ignorant word and then tell this person that this is what they feel about it.

The whole rice fascination will not go away just like ignorance won't go away. As long as we have ignorant and immature car enthusiasts, we will have this word being thrown around and used on a daily basis.

And I honestly could careless if people like like what I say about this topic...if you use this word to describe a car, you are car enthusiastly ignorant and you need to grow up and realize that this is a hobby for individuals but at the same time a hobby for everyone. If you can't get past your ego and realize that everyone likes different things about a car as far as looks, performance or whatever car wise, than you need to find another hobby.

And that's all I have to say about that (thanks Forest Gump for a great way to end a post)
Old 11-22-2006, 05:37 AM

Granted I understand what TCarter is talking about but I will say that asking a question of "what is rice?" is a pointless and worthless question cause it's full of opinions.

Fact of the matter, there is a no defenition for what "rice" is. It's an ignorant word that stems from a word given to depict Asians in a negative fashion (in a racist manner).

Everyone will give their opinion, rice is this, rice is that, bla bla bla...honestly, does it even matter? You did what you did cause it's your car and thats what you wanted to do. If people have a problem with what you did, that's tough **** and they need to get over it or find another hobby. It's one thing to think to yourself "not my cup of tea" and another to use an ignorant word and then tell this person that this is what they feel about it.

The whole rice fascination will not go away just like ignorance won't go away. As long as we have ignorant and immature car enthusiasts, we will have this word being thrown around and used on a daily basis.

And I honestly could careless if people like like what I say about this topic...if you use this word to describe a car, you are car enthusiastly ignorant and you need to grow up and realize that this is a hobby for individuals but at the same time a hobby for everyone. If you can't get past your ego and realize that everyone likes different things about a car as far as looks, performance or whatever car wise, than you need to find another hobby.

And that's all I have to say about that (thanks Forest Gump for a great way to end a post)
I couldn't agree more.."Rice" is used way too much and for all the wrong reasons. Even though I cannot see any reason to use it unless you were talkin about it bein fried, stir fried, steamed, ect..

It just seems like more and more all we hear are negative comments about what someone is doing instead of someone saying tactfully that they would have done it differently. How about giving tips on how they could have done it better instead of sayin..That sh*t's rice, why'd you do that?? What were you thinkin?? The word "rice" doesn't even sound appealing. But whatever, everyone is going to do what they want to do, just not my bag..I'm your huckelberry...You're no Daisy, You're no Daisy at all..
Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
I'm your huckelberry...You're no Daisy, You're no Daisy at all..
My name is Adam, not Daisy. Nice to meet you huckelberry.