General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

S/C Sedan???bs or not..

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question S/C Sedan???bs or not..

I was talking to my friend yesterday and he said he read an article in Motor trend about Chevrolet making a SS S/C Sedan in 07. I've never heard of this and as much as a forum ***** as I am while I'm at work I'm sure I would have seen somebody post a thread about it on this site. I told him that's impossible being as '07 is the last year of the s/c and he said he was looking straight at the article, and it said Chevrolet was making it to compete with the Mazda 3. I can't find anything else about it and I was wondering if this is actually true or if my buddy is full of ****.

p.s. - If this was true and Chevrolet was making it to compete with the Mazda 3, Chevy is **** outta luck because the 3 is faster then the speed6 and those could run circles around us all day long. One of my best friends has one(a speed6) and with a aftermaket cai and upgraded intercooler, i will turn all 4 tires on a launch.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If there would have already been a s/c sedan, I would have bought it. Mainly because I have 2 kids and they are always wanting to ride in "daddy's yellow car" lol. I think it's a great idea.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VaderSS
I was talking to my friend yesterday and he said he read an article in Motor trend about Chevrolet making a SS S/C Sedan in 07. I've never heard of this and as much as a forum ***** as I am while I'm at work I'm sure I would have seen somebody post a thread about it on this site. I told him that's impossible being as '07 is the last year of the s/c and he said he was looking straight at the article, and it said Chevrolet was making it to compete with the Mazda 3. I can't find anything else about it and I was wondering if this is actually true or if my buddy is full of ****.

p.s. - If this was true and Chevrolet was making it to compete with the Mazda 3, Chevy is **** outta luck because the 3 is faster then the speed6 and those could run circles around us all day long. One of my best friends has one(a speed6) and with a aftermaket cai and upgraded intercooler, i will turn all 4 tires on a launch.
its cuz the mazda's tires suck,thats why they spin all 4...u dont see an stock evo and stock sti do that...

and speed 3 arent that fast...get a s2 cobalt and ull be dead even with the mazda,if not beat it since boost starts to fall on top end..

and no GM isnt makin a sedan Supercharged..the only sedan they have is the SS...non supercharged
Old 05-24-2007, 01:14 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe its BS. They're dropping the ss s/c coupe to make an ss s/c sedan? Highly unlikely. And the speed 3's stock for stock are pretty even with the ss s/c's actually. But with simple bolt ons I think the 2.0's beat them.

I heard the speed 6's aren't that fats. I think the speed3's can beat the speed 6's.

Originally Posted by Super_SS
its cuz the mazda's tires suck,thats why they spin all 4...u dont see an stock evo and stock sti do that...

and speed 3 arent that fast...get a s2 cobalt and ull be dead even with the mazda,if not beat it since boost starts to fall on top end..

and no GM isnt makin a sedan Supercharged..the only sedan they have is the SS...non supercharged
An S2 cobalt would out and out beat a stock speed 3 I think. And their is no longer, in the 08 car year, any SS cobalt. only LS, LT, and 'Sport"
Old 05-24-2007, 01:24 PM

I don't know what the hell is was looking at then. I told him that was bs. I dunno, he drives a new SI and is always mad 'cause I run circles around him. Maybe he was just trying to **** me off. Why he thought telling me there would be a S/C Sedan is beyond me. He's die hard Honda. I told him to stay out of the American Markets buisness.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I don't know what the hell is was looking at then. I told him that was bs. I dunno, he drives a new SI and is always mad 'cause I run circles around him. Maybe he was just trying to **** me off. Why he thought telling me there would be a S/C Sedan is beyond me. He's die hard Honda. I told him to stay out of the American Markets buisness.
You're mean! -1 REP!!! j/k

But I don't think he was trying to tick you off. And tell him to get INTO the american market, no discrimination between improts and domestics.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:35 PM

why are they getting rid of the ss anyways? i planned on eventually moving up to an ss, because there are no other cars this fast that i like. maybe other than the civic si but they arent even as fast.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Isnt this the second post about a SS/SC sedan??? Wasnt the other saying Sport Compact Car had the article, and this guy's saying that Motor Trend. Can anyone confirm that there is an article of this nature in either magazine?? Anyways makes you wonder....

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it first, for 08, possibly 09, there will be both, yes both, a Turbocharged Cobalt coupe and a Supercharged Cobalt sedan. If it does happen, which I doubt, I'll be the first to call them both (at the same time)...
Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM

I did a quick search on motortrend.com and found nothing.... not even an article about the 2007 models.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:29 PM

I'm on the phone with my other friend with the Mazda and he is swearing to god that he read the article in Sport Compact car about it. He says it's 2008. If this is true, why doesn't anybody on this site know about it?

I'm going on a hunt for this article online right now.

I'll post my findings in a minute
Old 05-24-2007, 02:37 PM

I'm pretty sure I heard on the GMinsidenews board that GM will stop making the LSJ very soon, therefor wouldn't be possible to have an 08 Supercharged anything.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by RuSSo-29
I'm pretty sure I heard on the GMinsidenews board that GM will stop making the LSJ very soon, therefor wouldn't be possible to have an 08 Supercharged anything.
ding ding ding ding ding!!!! LSJ Delta is no more....
Old 05-24-2007, 03:00 PM

Ok, I can't find **** on this car and I have 2 friends that swear up and down that they read both articles in Motor Trend and Sport Compact car.

I'm at a loss guys. Anybody have any info on this?

Last edited by VaderSS; 05-24-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost