General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SC Tahoe to a SS SC Colbalt WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SC Tahoe to a SS SC Colbalt WOW!

Hi everyone I just found this forum & have been reading on alot of cool upgrades & I've only had my Cobalt SS sc for 1 week ha ha ha !!

I realy love the Cobalt & am still getting use to the power curve as my Tahoe was an automatic with 410 HP & I was use to just letting her rip you can check it out here
1999 Super Charged Tahoe

I'm liking the gas milage on this Cobalt compared to my Tahoe as my gas bill should drop from $300 a month to alittle over $100

I'm glad to see this site as it has answered alot of my Questions already as to traction as I already knew I needed to get another set of rims so I can put AT's on the stock rims for the good ol Iowa snow.

I also have had the same issues playing with first gear as I love to break em lose to show off ha ha ha
Now I need to see if I can read as fast as I can drive to stay up to date on the postings on this forum.

My Cobalt is Victory Red & pretty much bone stock sooo far as I stick around here I'll be dropping some cash shortly.
I love fast Women fast cars & fast Cycles and in Iowa I get plenty of them all, I hope I can get up to speed on the newer upgrades for the Cobalt so I can contribute to the comunity her
Old 01-28-2006, 05:01 PM

Welcome!
Old 01-28-2006, 05:04 PM

Welcome to the site...
Old 01-28-2006, 05:12 PM

Have fun driving!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:14 AM

Do you have any engine pics or 1/4 times on the Tahoe. I've never seen one of those supercharged before. I'll bet you got a suprised look out of a few people once they realized you weren't a typical Tahoe.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome To the site
Old 01-29-2006, 10:43 AM

What size whipple did you have on the Tahoe? I bet the torque and horsepower curves on that thing were ridiculous.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:48 PM

Cole I did'nt ever run it on the track or even time any 1/4 miles but it was fast enought to take any Hemi I came up against now the ford Lightning was a bit faster due to weight of my Tahoe as I could take it off the line but shortly after he would pull away.

I added the Whipple supercharger my self & after that I had to have the tranny built to hold the HP I was producing & then the anti slip rearend just gave out so I added a eaton Posi & man it was a blast to pull up to a light & just smoke the tires away.

I had been debating getting rid of it as gas was eating me up as I had to run 91 octane & with a 27 Gal tank it was $50+ to fill her up & I'd di that once a week & some times 2 times a week. Then the Whipple don't offer a inter cooler so my exhaust temps were scary 1500 to 1600 & if I held the gas I'm sure I could get it higher & then the heads would have melted
I have been looking at the Cobalts as they offer decent MPG but yeat I still can play with the speed.

Chek out the link I posted in my first post & you can see pics & data.

I'm surprised the Cobalts don't run a Exhaust guage but I know there running these alot richer than my Tahoe was & plus there intercooled so to speak.

PatathSS it was right around 415 HP & 525 torque but thats all on paper as I never had it dynoed, I did ripp all the lugges out of the drum on my first built tranny & the shop tried to say I abused it & I told the guy he knew what I had in the truck when he built it as they stated it would handle 450 hp no problem but when he herd the Torque he said there was no way he could build it to hold the torque I was producing. I ended up getting a 4L60E raptor from 700raptor.com & it was the ticket.

My Computer on the Tahoe was reading to much pressure from the Torque converter so it would drop the pressure to close to nothing then a split second later it would read no pressure & open it up all the way & boom the drum in the tranny was toast as it was like doing a neutrual drop with the gas to the floor & the raptor had a chip that bypassed or lied to my computer & let the tranny control the pressure.

I'm realy liking the Cobalt except I was use to alot of room & being high up in the air where I could see alot farther ahead of trafic & around cars to turn corners and now I'm at the mercy of those big trucks now ha ha ha.