General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SS vs srt4--(srt4 lowercase) lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i had gone with a srt4 from day one. dont get me wrong i love my cobalt and it takes care of me even with all my mods. but i check craigslist everday to see if that one srt4 is there and makes me sell my car ha
Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 PM

i just wanna know when is this futuristic race taking place. enough arguing about who thinks what car is better, show me some video!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 PM

srt-4 will probably win unless the balt is on a precision
Old 09-10-2011, 12:32 AM

Balt will be on a Borg..guess he will lose..

Specific huh?
Old 09-10-2011, 12:42 AM

Nothing wrong with racing. I know my buddy with stage 1 srt4 killed me hands down when i was stock but after adding zzp stage 3 and bolt ons an a tune i walk him everytime...so i guess what im saying is who evers pockets are deeper is always going to win the race
Old 09-10-2011, 12:48 AM

i'll just say this.. when I bought the Cobalt new, I could have got a Srt4 for HALF the cost... I almost bought one in '05, it was orange, I drove it... turned me against them... and it was the little things, the interior being a joke, no power windows in the back, etc...

I never considered a s/c Cobalt, when the turbo ones came out, I never was serious about them... my dealer had a silver sedan... I drove it, fell in love... told them I would buy if it were a coupe, 3 days later, I had my car

I don't regret the purchase and had it not met its ill fate, I would still own it, of course i'm now more financially stable than I was in 2008 so when it got totaled I decided to move on to better things, but for the money I paid, the amount of money in mods I had in it(about $1500 total), it was a hell of a car

I wouldn't have taken a 400whp Srt-4 over my 310whp LNF Cobalt, and that is the truth... speed is nice not when you are driving a piece of **** though

its why no one gives a f*ck about turbo Hondas........except Honda owners
Old 09-10-2011, 01:07 AM

but see what you may see as piece of ****, might not be a piece of **** to someone else. you may think a srt 4 is a POS, but i could 100% gaurantee (sp?) that some srt 4 owners think cobalts are POS's. and to be honest with you, the cobalts interior isnt no better. still cheaply made interior that was thrown in just to get the car by. its not like the srt or cobalts are luxury cars made to make you feel like youre in a space ship.

and with that note, it all depends on what youre lookin for as well and what youre into. with the turbo honda comment, if you want parts readily available and easy to find, get a honda. i highly doubt you can go across town and find a turbo kit for a cobalt or srt for dirt cheap, or even parts.

im not hear to bash either cars. i love most cars and have friends that own all kinda, from NA hondas to turbo hondas, from turbo ford probes to cobras, from old mullet camaros to newer camaros, from base model cobalts to ss/tc's.

Last edited by BlackCobalt707; 09-10-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:13 AM

Haha, don't worry about it, it's all opinions in here. Him thinking they are a POS means as much as what I think about someone spending the money on a new Camaro vs a new GT.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:02 AM

I like how people think there is this HUGE gap between the 5.0 and the new Camaros... considering the fastest stock 5th gen Camaro has went mid-12s we're not a full second behind the 5.0s like some people seem to think the gap is... in fact, on average, a 1/10th or so separates the two... as far as the drivetrain, the Mustangs isn't exactly setting any records in keeping its 5-speed manual in one piece... Ford went all out on the engine, but forgot about the rest of the car.. 1st it was the clutch not being to hold stock power and then the manual transmissions started to go South... that is what happens when you use Chinese ****

however back to the Cobalt/Neon comparison, in terms of luxury if you REALLY think a Srt-4 Neon is even close to being on par with a LNF Cobalt, you need to get your eyes and sense of touch checked quickly by a doctor, because either something is wrong with you or you have lost grasp with reality...

I can say with a straight face that hands down, the Camaro is a MUCH nicer car overall than the GT... it gets more looks than you will get in a GT and you know being a Small Block Chevy you're $700 in cam/valve train work, $1200 in a nitrous setup, and $400 in a tune from being over 500whp... and it'll hold up

the Mustangs may love the boost, the SBCs love the spray... and guess which one is cheaper, lol...its also not near as cool to make fun of the "dated" pushrod V8 when you realize he just has to buy a CAM(yes, singular, lol) to get 60 more whp... not cams...

see mustang guys will throw that bolt-on to bolt-on **** at you... they don't want to talk about cams... because suddenly their $1550 cams(plus new valvesprings, pushrods, etc. about $1900 when its all said and done) isn't nearly as impressive as a $350 cam(plus new valve springs, pushrods, retainers... about $750 when its all said and done)... with that money, the L99/Ls3 just got a set of heads, lol

go ahead throw on a KB... get you an extra 125-145whp on your 5.0... with that $6500, we can match that output with the flip of a switch and a little bottle pressure for about a 1/5th the cost

comparing them stock for stock, bolt on for bolt-on, that is all fun and games.... lets talk dollar for dollar... meet at $4000 and see where a 5th gen Camaro and Coyote 5.0 are, you might want to reconsider the results

I don't like to play the little message board, internet warrior game... everyone who knows me in real on this forum or just flat out in real life that knows me, knows that I couldn't give a **** what a forum, magazine, or anyone else has to say about cars... the green light is going to drop, and the bull **** is going to stop... this isn't my 1st rodeo with a LS series(or based on the LS series) V8... and i'm not one to compare stock for stock, because the time my car spends stock, is the time from when I buy the car until I get started on it... the factory warranty to me means, the time I buy the car until the time I void it, for the Cobalt that was 1200 miles, when it went above 20psi, lol... the Camaro probably won't see 1200(that I put on the car) before that can be said simply because this isn't my daily driver... its my weekend warrior... there is a reason all the Mustang guys are trying to line up to run me right now: they know its still stock, but that it won't be there for long

Last edited by 08inBama; 09-10-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:35 AM

My best sounding 4cyl contest entry... My old Turbo'd Spec V.

Spec V Turbo Accelerate / Decelerate - YouTube

I remember first going to "attempt" to test drive the SRT4 when it came out. They wouldn't let me touch it but the salesman turned it on and revved the crap outta it. I will say though, I was impressed with its sound and looks. They look really intimidating from the front. Especially with upgraded intercoolers.

I have driven a couple and didn't like the way they drive at all. They feel really wobbly and top heavy. Fast for sure though. The ACR I'm sure handled and felt better.

Looking forward to the videos of the race.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Balt will be on a Borg..guess he will lose..

Specific huh?
all i ment was a upgrade turbo
Old 09-10-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Frogstofall
My best sounding 4cyl contest entry... My old Turbo'd Spec V.

Spec V Turbo Accelerate / Decelerate - YouTube

I remember first going to "attempt" to test drive the SRT4 when it came out. They wouldn't let me touch it but the salesman turned it on and revved the crap outta it. I will say though, I was impressed with its sound and looks. They look really intimidating from the front. Especially with upgraded intercoolers.

I have driven a couple and didn't like the way they drive at all. They feel really wobbly and top heavy. Fast for sure though. The ACR I'm sure handled and felt better.

Looking forward to the videos of the race.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

sounds like a mix between a turbo honda and srt4 so srt4 > sentra
Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 PM

I wish our cars came with dual exhuast like the srt4's did. mu buddies stage 1 srt4 sounds mean and looks intense. His turbo sounds awesome. One thing that made me proud when we did a race from a dig quater mile all u could hear was my exhuast and my SC hs turbo was not even heard once in the video lol.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:04 PM

everyone that i race loves my whine lol but they only love it cause they pass me
Old 09-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Well with my support mods and stage 3 from zzp i have enough power for now to beat most the srt4's around here and other cars. most the time i lose at the track to the 600hp track cars lol
Old 09-10-2011, 03:37 PM

Lol I had an srt-4 clone **** with me a little ways back...It was pretty embarrassing for him...How do I know it was a clone? I was driving my LT which was pretty much stock. Just drop, intake and cat-back. Lol.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:39 PM

Now I justgotta find that douche in the LS with all the SS badges all over his car. I counted 5 and I didn't even see his passenger side, just driver's side and rear end. It was pink, had an after market bumper in the rear 4 lug stock rims and an LS front bumper.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:58 PM

Man thats like a slap to my face driving an sc balt to have people just slap an ss badge on there car like its some kind of toy. Thats badge is a right of passage in my eyes. even though yes plastic still man. If u changed the rims bumpers skirts and went sc then yes put the ss badge on but until then dont.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:06 PM

IMO You shouldn't put SS badges on anything that wasn't an SS to begin with. Even if you do boost it and put on all the SS body parts etc. To me I think it would be even moore sick to have all of that and still have it badged as an LS or an LT. If you put all that work in and put an SS badge on it just looks like you bought it that way...

And yeah, that guy was terrible. His balt was pink, with rims (no drop), aftermarket rear bumper (stock LS sideskirts and front bumper), looked like either stock SS exhaust or just stock exhaust with a tip, 3 SS badges on his trunk one on the drivers door and one up front. White guy looked to be late 20's or early 30's. Saw him by the waipio costco getting onto the freeway. Been taking that route to get to and from my girlfriends house even tho its about 6 miles longer, just in the hopes that I will see him again...
Old 09-10-2011, 04:25 PM

i have to say a VW r32 exhaust pwns all.. not a four banger and its not fast but damn it sounds good

VW R32 - YouTube

NSRT4 can be bad ass... as can a SS/TC or SC.. money can make any car fast, personally i perfer the SS, but thats all personal opinion
Old 09-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ meh. i think a 350z sounds better than any vw
Old 09-10-2011, 05:09 PM

eh.. stock maybe.. the ones ive heard sound like doodoo, my old VR sounded amazing compared to almost any car ive seen around here in jax
Old 09-10-2011, 05:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Since we on V6s now....hmmm...pure sex...but im bias...lol

B5 S4 Piggies with Straight Pipes and AWE Twin 1 - YouTube
Old 09-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by 07sssc
Well with my support mods and stage 3 from zzp i have enough power for now to beat most the srt4's around here and other cars. most the time i lose at the track to the 600hp track cars lol
People not into modding around you?

Quick Reply: SS vs srt4--(srt4 lowercase) lol