General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

tax in oregon???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tax in oregon???

k i live in boise witch is like an hour drive to oregon. any one know if i baught a car there would i have to pay sales tax? or would i have to pay idaho sales tax?

b. i just found out i get a 3K discount from gm from my new job, would that work accross state lines?
Old 02-01-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruwl cobalt
k i live in boise witch is like an hour drive to oregon. any one know if i baught a car there would i have to pay sales tax? or would i have to pay idaho sales tax?

b. i just found out i get a 3K discount from gm from my new job, would that work accross state lines?
If Idaho laws are like most states, you will have to pay Idaho sales tax when you register the car in Idaho. You will not pay sales tax in Oregon if you live in another state, but, Idaho will likely get you when you register the car. I live in Utah and bought a boat in Idaho. No tax in Idaho; Utah tax when I registered in Utah.

Your employer GM discount is not location dependent. You should get that from any GM dealer anywhere.