General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Viper Alarm On Cobalt...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Viper Alarm On Cobalt...

i finally got my alarm in installed today, and it works great, i got the Viper 690xv alarm system with a cool looking light that flashes back n forth lol extra 10hp... but for all u haters saying my alarm will go off in rain n such no it wont. he said the only way it would if u took the shocksensor from the stock alarm and switched it to the glass/sound frequency sensor then it would. i love the alarm it goes off when theres motion around the car...motion infront of any window including the sunroof and if some bangs the car. damn this alarm will protect all my $hit, for sure

...ask if u got any questions
Old 04-12-2005, 05:45 PM

I would have bought Compustar
Old 04-12-2005, 05:47 PM

nah those are cheap alarms, he said so himself. is has the same as things as mine minus the remote start and paging off windshield which i really dont care for...
Old 04-12-2005, 05:49 PM

I like the range of the Compustar better, Viper is still good but I've seen too many issues with DEI products
Old 04-12-2005, 06:50 PM

best alarm ever is this one

www.vehiclelocate.net

it calls your cel phone, pager, and/or send you an e-mail no matter where you're at if the alarm goes off, you can track it down in less than a minute, you can get about 15% or more off of your insurance for having it. You can disable the car so even if someone does steal the car, you can prevent it from being driven further.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:56 PM

Yeah DEI and Compustar both have an addon you can integrate with your cell, my buddy has one on his civic with his clifford. Its pretty cool
Old 04-12-2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Brad_Digs
Yeah DEI and Compustar both have an addon you can integrate with your cell, my buddy has one on his civic with his clifford. Its pretty cool

Yea but can it give you a satellite photograph in conjuntion with a map of precisely where your car is?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Vooduguru]Yea but can it give you a satellite photograph in conjuntion with a map of precisely where your car is?

can car alarm's do that.... i dont think so.... if so.. whats the name i want one
Old 04-12-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Florida 76
Originally Posted by Vooduguru
Yea but can it give you a satellite photograph in conjuntion with a map of precisely where your car is?

can car alarm's do that.... i dont think so.... if so.. whats the name i want one
It's there on the site. I have one in my car. I can call a # or log in to the website and find out precisely where my car is at any time, takes me about a minute, sometimes less. When I go to bed at night I disable my starter so let's say they broke into my house and got the key, that car ain't goin nowhere. Unless they tow it. Even still I can track it faster than they can go Granted I need the PC to SEE where the car is at, but when I call the # it gives me an address range of about 3 blocks. The pictures narrow it down to 3 feet
Old 04-12-2005, 07:27 PM

best alarm ever is this one

www.vehiclelocate.net

it calls your cel phone, pager, and/or send you an e-mail no matter where you're at if the alarm goes off, you can track it down in less than a minute, you can get about 15% or more off of your insurance for having it. You can disable the car so even if someone does steal the car, you can prevent it from being driven further.
yeah you can disable the car only if it is turn off. It controls the starter, not the alternator or ingnition system.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Archplsm
yeah you can disable the car only if it is turn off. It controls the starter, not the alternator or ingnition system.
Once the ignition cycles, then it can't restart. Do you think that once the car is stolen it would never get turned off again? Besides, what kind of liability would that be if the cars ignition were disabled whilst driving? In todays letigious society, the theif would have some twisted form of legal action against the owner for "causing injury" sustained during a crash while evading police.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:11 PM

What bums me out is that I paid 100 bucks more for mine I shoulda waited a week or 3 more Oh well
Old 04-12-2005, 08:21 PM

wait! what the hell is the car doing off-road, cobalts can do that? cool, lol anyways thats a great alarm system.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mvortec24
wait! what the hell is the car doing off-road, cobalts can do that? cool, lol anyways thats a great alarm system.
You mean a Cobalt CAN'T go offroad? DAYAM!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:17 PM

how much did it cost totat, including installation??
Old 04-12-2005, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by giddings75
how much did it cost totat, including installation??
I got mine for 599 + 17 (shipping was free) for the first months service Then I paid an install place 65 to install it.
After looking at the install I could have done it myself but I figured, hey, I'm saving like 65 a month in my insurance so I'm ahead! Although I wish I would have waited a month. 100 bucks less. BAH!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine for 599 + 17 (shipping was free) for the first months service Then I paid an install place 65 to install it.
After looking at the install I could have done it myself but I figured, hey, I'm saving like 65 a month in my insurance so I'm ahead! Although I wish I would have waited a month. 100 bucks less. BAH!
Holy Moly thats a lot of money I can understand paying that much for an electronic gadget tho

I don't really park my car in any high risk areas or I might consider an alarm system.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by zinner
Holy Moly thats a lot of money I can understand paying that much for an electronic gadget tho

I don't really park my car in any high risk areas or I might consider an alarm system.
When I lived in Georgia (Conyers area) I thought I lived in a safe part of town. Nice houses, low risk, nice cars in the driveway. Didn't stop some crack monkey from taking my truck and driving it into a tree. They found it 3 days later totalled. Plus I owed on it more than the insurance company would give me for it so I had a balance left of $3,400 that I had to pay. Now I have GAP coverage and this "alarm" system. I'd much rather have my cel phone go off regardless of where I am and have my car basically tell me "HEY!! HELP ME!!" (ok it doesn't literally say that but you get the idea) than some blaring alarm that nearby people ignore anyway. And the nice thing is yea it is a little pricey up front but no other alarm on the market actually ends up paying for itself. I estimated with the savings I get monthly, this thing is paid for in about a year. Then it's just extra money because I STILL get the discount from the insurance company.