General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Well

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well

Well I went and test drove a 08 SS TC today. And I have to say fist impressions, NICE.
Seats are much more supportive, DIC gives you a little more info, Sound system was basically what I have now except for the XM.
Boost comes on strong and smooth got it up to 17psi and did the no lift shift, Very smooth.
Shifting was tighter than mine and a little shorter throw. The Brembos worked really well and steering was tighter, probably do to wider tires. As I have read in other threads.
I definitely like the front grill better than whats on mine and I also like the Silver Metallic paint. Only thing I didnt like right off the bat was to many buttons on the steering wheel. They moved the DIC, stereo, and cruise all on the wheel. The other thing I thought was crazy was the price. Dealership here wanted 26k+. Thought MSRP was 23k. SO after telling the dealership to go pound hot salt up there ass, I walked out and said Ill keep what I got. They also lied (go figure ) and on the phone told me it had a 1500 rebate, then as they tried to deal, there was no rebate on that cobalt.
I can make mine handle just about the same with springs and 225/45/18's. Grill simple, order the upper and lower and install. Same with shifting to a point get a Hurst. Brakes not sure if the Brembos will bolt up to an 06 but if they do, I can do that. Only thing I can do anything about is the paint, well I could, but not gonna. I do love a black car, but hate cleaning it. SO damn hard to keep clean. Have had 3 other silver cars over the last few years and I love the color. You dont see a lot of dirt till it gets really dirty.
So any how just thought Id express my first impressions on the new Balt SS TC.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:15 PM

So it is nicer than the old SC?

If they wanted sticker, I would have said no. With a markup HELL NO!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:16 PM

To a point, but not worth 26K+. Still basicly the same car with a few added features and a turbo. The whole point to me going and checking it out was I like turbo's better than SC's