General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

What next?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
What next?

I just got my Injen CAI and I was wondering what else I can do for mods? I don't have an extremely tight budget but I'm not rich atm either. I'm just looking for ideas of what I could do w/ my car preferably a maximum amount of cheap useful mods. I am looking for performance in the long run but I'd rather go looks right now since I have an car show in September. I got quoted $250 at the cheapest for window tint so I'm not sure I want that right now. Any ideas for like CF hoods or trunks? Anything that'll look nice anywhere? My engine bay looks horrible right now too so if there's anything I can do there? Please don't leave any smart-ass comments, I'm just looking for suggestions because I am at a loss of what to do next.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you could get cf engine covers
Old 07-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by occsdude
you could get cf engine covers
I don't know. I'm also open to any electronics.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
I don't know. I'm also open to any electronics.
well you said you wanted your engine bay to look better and i think they look good on 2.2 and 2.4's.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by occsdude
well you said you wanted your engine bay to look better and i think they look good on 2.2 and 2.4's.
I wasn't able to find any pics of them installed, you have any pics of them installed?

bump

Last edited by Shibito; 07-30-2008 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 AM

I just got my Injen CAI and I was wondering what else I can do for mods? I don't have an extremely tight budget but I'm not rich atm either. I'm just looking for ideas of what I could do w/ my car preferably a maximum amount of cheap useful mods. I am looking for performance in the long run but I'd rather go looks right now since I have an car show in September. I got quoted $250 at the cheapest for window tint so I'm not sure I want that right now. Any ideas for like CF hoods or trunks? Anything that'll look nice anywhere? My engine bay looks horrible right now too so if there's anything I can do there? Please don't leave any smart-ass comments, I'm just looking for suggestions because I am at a loss of what to do next.
I'll stop my smart ass comment and be nice...

Engine dress up that I suggest (ugh even saying it makes me cry a little on the inside):
Polished valve and spark plug cover
MRZ billet engine dressup (covers)
Swapped vac hose to different color and silicone

If you spend 250 dollars to tint your windows you should've bought a more expensive/better car.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by theneelster
I'll stop my smart ass comment and be nice...

Engine dress up that I suggest (ugh even saying it makes me cry a little on the inside):
Polished valve and spark plug cover
MRZ billet engine dressup (covers)
Swapped vac hose to different color and silicone

If you spend 250 dollars to tint your windows you should've bought a more expensive/better car.
Thanks for the ideas, looking into them and I'm not sure I want to do the window tint because it will be that expensive for me and more expensive to drive far enough to someone who will do it for less.

bump for morning crew

Last edited by Shibito; 07-30-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM

bump
Old 07-30-2008, 06:25 PM

I wasn't able to find any pics of them installed, you have any pics of them installed?

bump
Old 07-30-2008, 07:21 PM

looks good on the silver but I don't think so for my car, thanks for the suggestion though!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 PM

I payed 85 bucks for my tint, And this was a professionaly installed.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:25 PM

250 for window tint is outrageous keep shopping! i got my whole balt done in 5% limo with windshield strip for $120
Old 07-30-2008, 08:29 PM

Yea so I've heard... I'm gonna ask to see if I can get them to come down on the tint but I doubt they will.