How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

All Engines: How to: Defeat the rear 02 (those of you with High Flow Cats)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to: Defeat the rear 02 (those of you with High Flow Cats)

Here is an extreamly easy how to on how to defeat the rear O2 sensor, for those of you running high flow cats, and getting CEL's.

Parts needed:

2 5/8 washers, ( i used .5'' washers and used a 5/8 end mill and drilled it out.
Anti Seize
7/8's open ended wrench
----------------------------

Now before i begin, this is not guaranteed to work, but i have not had a problem with it. Me and a few other people here in town did this,we have no leaks, and no codes as of yet. I do not take any responsibility for anything that could go wrong when doing this.

1. To start, if you do not have a 5/8s washer i recommend getting .5'' washers and drilling them out to the 5/8's size. That seemed to work perfectly for me. You will need Two of them for this to work.

2. Remove the rear 02 sensor with the 7/8's open ended wrench, and slide on the washers on.

3. Apply anti-seize to the threads of the O2 sensor, and thread it back in with your figures to start

4. Tighten down with the 7/8's open ended wrench. (not extreamly tight, but pretty snug)

5. If any CEL's are present go to your local autozone or advanced auto parts and have it cleared. (i'm not a fan of disconnecting the pigtail, that removes all presets, and any drivability learns that the PCM may have.)

Final Pictures:

Last edited by TommyP; 10-03-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 AM

I used a spark plug nonfowler to do this...just drill a half inch hole through the center...just as easy
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 07cobaltss
1. To start, if you do not have a 5/8s washer i recommend getting .5'' washers and drilling them out to the 5/8's size. That seemed to work perfectly for me. You will need Two of them for this to work.
FYI a 9/16 washer probably wouldn't require any drilling since 5/8 = 10/16. Or at least it wouldn't require as much. Just a thought.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:15 AM

i plugged my car into hp tuners and deleted the sensor, and removed it, worked flawlessly

Here is an extreamly easy how to on how to defeat the rear O2 sensor, for those of you running high flow cats, and getting CEL's.

Parts needed:

2 5/8 washers, ( i used .5'' washers and used a 5/8 end mill and drilled it out.
Anti Seize
7/8's open ended wrench
----------------------------

Now before i begin, this is not guaranteed to work, but i have not had a problem with it. Me and a few other people here in town did this,we have no leaks, and no codes as of yet. I do not take any responsibility for anything that could go wrong when doing this.

2. Remove the rear 02 sensor with the 7/8's open ended wrench, and slide on the washers on.

3. Apply anti-seize to the threads of the O2 sensor, and thread it back in with your figures to start

4. Tighten down with the 7/8's open ended wrench. (not extreamly tight, but pretty snug)

5. If any CEL's are present go to your local autozone or advanced auto parts and have it cleared. (i'm not a fan of disconnecting the pigtail, that removes all presets, and any drivability learns that the PCM may have.)

Final Pictures:

your car does not use the second o2 to control any maps, thats only the front o2, the rear is an emissions sensor

Last edited by BOOSSTED 06; 04-03-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
easier if you use 2 spark plug non foulers, use the ones with the same threadin as the ones on the o2, i know they are biggest autozone carries, atleast mine, and take them both, thread one into the other, than take a 1/2 drill bit and drill the first one all the way thru, and the second one3/4 of the way down, that shoudl work ,than install the non fouler on the o2bung, than the sensor on the non fouler, make sure to use antisieze, and there you, credit goes to the s2kforum in which i read about it, works just fine, alot fo stis and s2ks do it and no cel
Old 04-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BOOSSTED 06
i plugged my car into hp tuners and deleted the sensor, and removed it, worked flawlessly

your car does not use the second o2 to control any maps, thats only the front o2, the rear is an emissions sensor
where did i post that it controlled anything, what you highlighted is me saying disconnecting the pig tail on the battery will remove any learns that the PCM may have.

Originally Posted by Jn2
easier if you use 2 spark plug non foulers, use the ones with the same threadin as the ones on the o2, i know they are biggest autozone carries, atleast mine, and take them both, thread one into the other, than take a 1/2 drill bit and drill the first one all the way thru, and the second one3/4 of the way down, that shoudl work ,than install the non fouler on the o2bung, than the sensor on the non fouler, make sure to use antisieze, and there you, credit goes to the s2kforum in which i read about it, works just fine, alot fo stis and s2ks do it and no cel
yes is it, but you have heat shield and the under body of the car in your way. any movement in the exhaust would jam the 02 into the body and ruin it. Thus this does not work.

Last edited by 07cobaltss; 04-04-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2008, 12:40 AM

where did i post that it controlled anything, what you highlighted is me saying disconnecting the pig tail on the battery will remove any learns that the PCM may have.

yes is it, but you have heat shield and the under body of the car in your way. any movement in the exhaust would jam the 02 into the body and ruin it. Thus this does not work.
i agree it is tight in there i should know ive been threw 3 o2 sensers till i got it all right
Old 04-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonder how it'd work for catless...
Old 04-05-2008, 04:22 PM

its just a system ready issue, there is no "learns", if you plug it back in and turn the sensor back on you need to drive a little bit to initialize the system but there are no said "learns". When you say learns you imply it actually controls something

there is no drivability controls connected to the rear o2 sensor

Last edited by BOOSSTED 06; 04-05-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by SSdan
Wonder how it'd work for catless...
Wouldnt, I'd just get sims and be done with it.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
Wouldnt, I'd just get sims and be done with it.
You try fitting sims in our exhaust channel...
Old 04-07-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by BOOSSTED 06
its just a system ready issue, there is no "learns", if you plug it back in and turn the sensor back on you need to drive a little bit to initialize the system but there are no said "learns". When you say learns you imply it actually controls something

there is no drivability controls connected to the rear o2 sensor
im talking about the PCM there are "learns" when it comes to the pcm. Thus disconecting the pigtail resets those learns.