How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Other/Misc: How to: Install Aftermarket Speakers Using Stock Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to: Install Aftermarket Speakers Using Stock Speakers

When I first got my door speakers I just took the old speakers out and screwed in the new. After awhile the screws started to vibrate loose and the speakers started to rattle. This was very annoying and I came up with a simple solution to prevent this from happening.

This is the stock speaker and mount that is all one unit. You will first want to remove the stock speaker. To do so, use a dremel and cut along all the spokes.

Once you have done this you will be left with just the plastic mount that looks like this.

This was my stock speaker. Notice the lip around the edge. This prevented it from fitting into the plastic mount. To fix this I took the dremel again with the metal cutting wheel and cut the majority of this off. If you have a grinding wheel you can also use it to achieve this. Depending on your speakers they may fit without having to do this.

This is the speaker after I removed the majority of the lip.

The speaker can now fit into the plastic mount. Screw the speaker to the mount, and its ready to install back into the car.