How to requests and questions Please post your requests and questions for How to Guides.

How to rewire steering wheel controls?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb How to rewire steering wheel controls?

I have a Chevy cobalt 2009 LS 2.2 liter engine. What I am wanting to do is install a aftermarket steering wheel with short hub adapter and quick release. I know how to install it and everything, but my main biggest concern is the steering wheel controls, the controls the control the dashboard that let you see the mileage and all the importante information. I am wanting to rewire thous control buttons to like the dash board with the existing buttons, and I need to know how I would approach that and rewire everything that way I can still use the controls to control the dashboard. After I have installed the aftermarket steering wheel.
Thanks for looking at this and let me rephrase, I am not talking about the radio controls but the controls that control the digital display on the dashboard where the tac odometer is.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:55 AM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
you would have to figure out how the 05-06 are wired. they have the buttons on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. I know with the 07+ they have the controls wired through the clockspring.