Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, and IL

anyone from IL on chitownracing forums?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone from IL on chitownracing forums?

any idea why they disabled registration? I had an account there a while back but i cant remember my login. tried to make a new account but says its disabled. was just curious.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:21 PM

im pretty sure they closed down the site.. some people left and switched to chicagoshift.com.... im a member there, but most people on those forums are d-bags and **** talkers.. this ass in a skittle started talking **** about a cobalt ss/sc when its supposed to be an any car forum... i told him ill run him any day and havent been back since.. gave my number and info and everything... people with lexus', bmws, and other fancy cars think they are hot ****... gay car clubs ftl
Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha. **** them all
Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Banned

most of then are tools
Old 01-19-2010, 11:46 PM

ill check out chicago shift. I kind of figured it was mostly d-bags haha. I assumed it's most of the hustlers at strats/streets crowd. I just wanted to see if I could find any people I used to know on there. Any of you guys ever hit up strats?
Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM

yes it is mostly d bags mostly gay i stopped going on chi town racing i there havent been on there for 6 months
Old 01-23-2010, 06:07 PM

I love CTR. It's definitely NOT a "gay car club" site... there are plenty of 9 second and faster street cars that set up their races on that site. If you can't handle people talking **** about cobalts, definitely don't go there. Unfortunately, most of the **** they talk is true... few cobalts can hang with heads and cammed LS1's or boosted v8's... lets be honest with ourselves. Go ahead, flame away at me... I sold my cobalt as soon as I realized how limited it was unless you want to throw assloads of cash at it. Fun car, don't get me wrong, just a little out of it's league at chitownracing. Glass transmissions and toothpick axles FOR THE LOSS!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny, when I Lived in Chicago I never saw the scene, didn't know that there was one. I like Living there, it was nice, Cold, but nice.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:32 PM
GRABBER BLUE MUSTANG GT

hey 40! clear your pm box! lol
Old 01-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MTchevy1
I love CTR. It's definitely NOT a "gay car club" site... there are plenty of 9 second and faster street cars that set up their races on that site. If you can't handle people talking **** about cobalts, definitely don't go there. Unfortunately, most of the **** they talk is true... few cobalts can hang with heads and cammed LS1's or boosted v8's... lets be honest with ourselves. Go ahead, flame away at me... I sold my cobalt as soon as I realized how limited it was unless you want to throw assloads of cash at it. Fun car, don't get me wrong, just a little out of it's league at chitownracing. Glass transmissions and toothpick axles FOR THE LOSS!
a cars performance is only limited to your budget. if your pockets are deep enough it will be fast enough.....doesnt matter 4 cylinder 6 cylinder or 8 and so on.. i quit hanging out with a lot of v8 guys because they have their heads shoved up their ass and think its fast souly because is a v8...... hate to say it man but these days i see a lot of 8 cylinders get mopped by something with half the cylinders lol. believe me im completely a v8 guy at heart and my cobalt will never do what my 25.5 camaro does for me but i still respect the car especially with the lnf.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted_Cobalt09
a cars performance is only limited to your budget. if your pockets are deep enough it will be fast enough.....doesnt matter 4 cylinder 6 cylinder or 8 and so on.. i quit hanging out with a lot of v8 guys because they have their heads shoved up their ass and think its fast souly because is a v8...... hate to say it man but these days i see a lot of 8 cylinders get mopped by something with half the cylinders lol. believe me im completely a v8 guy at heart and my cobalt will never do what my 25.5 camaro does for me but i still respect the car especially with the lnf.
I know what you mean, and that's why I said "unless you want to spend assloads of cash". I don't have that v8 mentality, I had a blast in my lsj. It's just hard to justify dropping cash into something like that when you can pick up an LS1 car, stab a cam into it, bolt on some headers and exhaust, tune it and go low 12's. All I'm saying is that CTR is a different crowd, but it's not a site full of "d-bags" and "gay car clubs" just because they think cobalt ss's are lame. There are a few cobalt owners on there that have talked **** and made total asses of themselves, kind of ruined it for the rest of them.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I drive a van lol

"random"
Old 01-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Banned

^^^^lol. well heres my view. your right theres a lot of idiot cobalt drivers that talk **** and cant back up a single thing they say. on this board in general most of the people probablly couldnt tell you what to do with a torque wrench or some sockets.... hense mine and mavens comment about changing pistons in lnf sections "most people on here dont know what a torque wrench is, let alone them knowing how to do degree and torque angle" with the lnf a bolt ons and some good tires would put me into the 12's easily just like an ls1 with a cam tires and bolt ons lol. **** zzp broke into the high 11's with their lnf with full bolt ons, slicks, tune and a ported and polished head on a stock turbo. i mean yes theres other variables at play for both cars but im just saying this all in theory here. bottom line 2 totally different cars....people need to respect and as with anything that can be made fast people should respect it regardless of what size engines in it.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:08 AM

I think the problem is that, outside of the cobalt community, cobalts haven't really earned any respect. Nobody knows they can be fast, you always get the "it's still just a cobalt", because fast ones are rare. Maybe now with the lnf people will start to take them seriously. Me, I'm sticking to my v8 s10's
Old 01-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Banned

believe me i plan on proving this car...... its like i tell everyone unless i know i stand no chance in the cobalt, its just a cobalt...another gm piece of crap until you get beat. my lnf is debadged and looks completely like a supercharged one for a reason lol. i even have a badge that says sc/tc? it boggles everyones mind hahahaha