Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

HP Tuners in Nothern VA

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HP Tuners in Nothern VA

Hello, My name is Suchat and I am currently working at PTUNING in Manassas, VA. I Drive a 07 Sport Tint Red Cobalt SS/SC. I would like the shop to start tuning with HP Tuners, but first I would like to know if there will be any interest in Northern VA. PTUNING's state-of-the-art enclosed dyno facility is equipped with a Dyno Dynamics AWD Dyno. Our in-house tuner received his EFI-101 and EFI-Advanced certifications from EFI University. He's also a GReddy e-Manage and e-Manage Ultimate certified tuner.

Please add your name if you are interested and i will try to update you with more info. Thank you for your time.

1. Cer3bral
2.YellowSiren
3.WhiteSSBalt

Last edited by cer3bral; 03-09-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:29 AM

I'll be interested if you are trying to crack the 2.2l ecu. i'm in lower VA but will take the drive up if you need a test car one day.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:14 AM

Hell if you need a test car I'm in new baltimore.. I can be at PTuning in 15 minutes. I'm not ready to pay for a tune session. But hell yea if your gunna start doin HPTuners. Then when I am ready ill be there in a heartbeat.

Ill have to check with WhiteSSBalt. But he loves you guys I'm sure he'd be down for it too.

Anyone who hasn't heard of PTuning. I will vouche for them. They are a great shop and do awesome work.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:54 AM

After May I will be interested in some tuning. What kind of pricing are you guys thinking about?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:03 AM

I know some Subaru's who go to you guys, and have heard good things, but if you want to steal me from ProMotion, you will have to convince me as to why I should cross over to the dark side. If you can convince me, I will come
Old 03-09-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im interested. If you guys have good prices then Ill be up for the drive.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 AM

Well right now we are trying to see how many people are interested if we do start tuning with HP Tuners. I will get you more info. in a couple days.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM

If you get it they will come.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cer3bral
Hello, My name is Suchat and I am currently working at PTUNING in Manassas, VA. I Drive a 07 Sport Tint Red Cobalt SS/SC. I would like the shop to start tuning with HP Tuners, but first I would like to know if there will be any interest in Northern VA. PTUNING's state-of-the-art enclosed dyno facility is equipped with a Dyno Dynamics AWD Dyno. Our in-house tuner received his EFI-101 and EFI-Advanced certifications from EFI University. He's also a GReddy e-Manage and e-Manage Ultimate certified tuner.

Please add your name if you are interested and i will try to update you with more info. Thank you for your time.

1. Cer3bral
2.YellowSiren
Ahhh, I know you man. I've seen your wingless sport tint red SS/SC there a few times. You've even watched me leave a few times, but you never said anything to me, haha. I drive an '07 summit white 2.4SS. Its lowered, has black 19"x8" Axis Mods, VHT nightshaded tails...very loud....ringing any bells? But yeah, i've been going to PTuning for years. My car has been in desperate need of tuning for a loooong time now. Got multiple lean codes thrown, plus a few codes from being cat-less. Im def in.

3. WhiteSSBalt

Originally Posted by NamedGobalt
Hell if you need a test car I'm in new baltimore.. I can be at PTuning in 15 minutes. I'm not ready to pay for a tune session. But hell yea if your gunna start doin HPTuners. Then when I am ready ill be there in a heartbeat.

Ill have to check with WhiteSSBalt. But he loves you guys I'm sure he'd be down for it too.

Anyone who hasn't heard of PTuning. I will vouche for them. They are a great shop and do awesome work.
Word. Im the driver for all my friends when they get work done on their cars there so they have something to do while their cars are having stuff done to them. I drove Andy around while his camber bolts were being installed, and I drove Jeff around while his springs were being installed. Aren't I nice? lol

Last edited by WhiteSSBalt; 03-09-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-09-2008, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Ahhh, I know you man. I've seen your wingless sport tint red SS/SC there a few times. You've even watched me leave a few times, but you never said anything to me, haha. I drive an '07 summit white 2.4SS. Its lowered, has black 19"x8" Axis Mods, VHT nightshaded tails...very loud....ringing any bells? But yeah, i've been going to PTuning for years. My car has been in desperate need of tuning for a loooong time now. Got multiple lean codes thrown, plus a few codes from being cat-less. Im def in.
I don't remember seeing your car. Most likely beacuse iam always was in the back. I have only seen a couple of Cobalts and Ions in the area.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by cer3bral
I don't remember seeing your car. Most likely beacuse iam always was in the back. I have only seen a couple of Cobalts and Ions in the area.
Word. I was at the PTuning summer meet this past year.

So when will you start tuning? I'm ready pretty much whenever.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:00 PM

I've heard of some places when you go get tuned you pay for dyno time and tune time. But if you go back for a retune you only have to pay for the dyno time.. Is this the same policy for you guys
Old 03-09-2008, 05:41 PM

I'm not going to read the rest of the replies but for the love of GOD yes I would be interested. I live in Fredericksburg and the only tuner shop I know around here closed recently. I've been dying to mod my car, but I need a place to tune it safely, so I've been stuck with just an intake and a catback so far. I'd love to slap some injectors, pullies, etc on there if you guys start running Hptuners, I'm all about giving you guys money.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
I know some Subaru's who go to you guys, and have heard good things, but if you want to steal me from ProMotion, you will have to convince me as to why I should cross over to the dark side. If you can convince me, I will come
Pro Motion straight up told me they wouldn't touch my engine even though they are "an authorized HP Tuners dealer/tuner". They said "we will only tune the 2.0 supercharged engines b/c we don't have enough knowledge of the 2.4 liter engines." Well um.....your kinda supposed to be a top notch tuner shop with HP Tuners know how....so learn how to tune an LE5 engine! Lol. Pro Motion FTL....

....and PTuning FTW.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:48 PM

Pro Motion straight up told me they wouldn't touch my engine even though they are "an authorized HP Tuners dealer/tuner". They said "we will only tune the 2.0 supercharged engines b/c we don't have enough knowledge of the 2.4 liter engines." Well um.....your kinda supposed to be a top notch tuner shop with HP Tuners know how....so learn how to tune an LE5 engine! Lol. Pro Motion FTL....

....and PTuning FTW.
Yea that works for you... but when I have to choose over 2.0 experience or no HPTuner experience... well, assuming they are the same price, the answer is obvious.

However, assuming PTuning is offering reasonable pricing....
Old 03-09-2008, 09:54 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Promotion IS closed now, right?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by They call me 'E'
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Promotion IS closed now, right?
No, I think they just moved to a new facility. Not sure where the new place is though.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:46 PM

I'll take a road trip up there, when and where and how much?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by Need4Speed0to60
I'll take a road trip up there, when and where and how much?
It'll be worth it. PTuning has a really good stand up group of guys working there. And their dyno room is amaze-za-zing.......

My whole car club has been going there for years for installs.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:05 AM

No, I think they just moved to a new facility. Not sure where the new place is though.
Yeah, they told me they moved... to ******* texas :\

It'll be worth it. PTuning has a really good stand up group of guys working there. And their dyno room is amaze-za-zing.......

My whole car club has been going there for years for installs.
Are they competent enough for me to trust with the install of stage II equivalent items? I'm not looking forward to putting everything on myself and then driving all the way to Manassas to get tuned. May end up installing **** in the parking lot ;o

Last edited by They call me 'E'; 03-10-2008 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM

Im in. I need a tune reallllly bad
Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by They call me 'E'
Yeah, they told me they moved... to ******* texas :\

Are they competent enough for me to trust with the install of stage II equivalent items? I'm not looking forward to putting everything on myself and then driving all the way to Manassas to get tuned. May end up installing **** in the parking lot ;o
Yeah, they've done much bigger installs that that. In fact, they recently even started manufactuering their own performance parts for turbo Scion TCs. I remember seeing their personal EVO's running 7's in the 1/8 last summer too.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:25 PM

Yeah, they've done much bigger installs that that. In fact, they recently even started manufactuering their own performance parts for turbo Scion TCs. I remember seeing their personal EVO's running 7's in the 1/8 last summer too.
Excellent, because none of the ******* chevy dealers down here have ever heard of a "Stage 2" for the Cobalt lol... So I'm just gonna buy better **** and do it the better way.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Not a Sebring

Yeah. Just talk to Cebr3al, he might even help you do it on the side. I'm not sure if he's rockin a stage kit or not.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:17 PM

Hmm... Thinkin'.. maybe Nates 2.85 pulley, 60 pounders... decisions, decisions...

Quick Reply: HP Tuners in Nothern VA